• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
City of London, a typical Early Middle Ages (500-999 AD) town, is roughly 1.12 sqmi, or 2900786.684 m^2.

Medieval towns are in square blocks usually, so length = (2900786.684 m^2)^0.5 = 1703.169599 m
A blast to cover the whole of such town would need a blast diameter (2 times radius) covering the hypotenuse.
Required blast radius = (2*(1703.169599 m/2)^2)^0.5 = 1204.322773 m
Non-nuclear air blast yield = ((1204.322773/1000/0.28)^3)/1000*1000000/2 = 39785.4804 tons of TNT (Town) = 1.66462E+14 J

I will copy the calculation to here once the calculation gets approved here.

Thank you both for helping out.

However, it is much preferable if Jason uses several blogs, separated by verse/fiction of origin, and it is better if Migue79 then comments in the relevant blog in question.

again the level 100's being subsonic is BS because an around level 30 death warrior cut a barrage of machine gun bullets before eventually getting overwhelmed (the quote for that is somewhere in this thread already).
there's also still shalltear producing heat trails by moving in her fight against Ainz (which is listed on her profile but was never calced). and Ainz creating vacuums by moving in his fight against foresight (with his physical base speed).

the melee focused guardians are way faster than Ainz physically and shouldn't be affected by any "anti feats" on his part. he said in his fight against shalltear that he could barely keep up with her movements and in that fight he was using buffs and magical flight

so Ainz should have differing speed depending on whether he uses buffs and Flight because the flight is a magical effect and likely not affected by his normal speed (the flight and buffs being what he was using during his fight against shalltear)

and about the cities being small because they're medieval. thats not entirely correct either. the cities in overlord are of course smaller than a modern metropolis yes BUT they are larger than medieval cities because they have a higher level of technology than medieval europe because of magic

Last edited:

However, it is much preferable if Jason uses several blogs, separated by verse/fiction of origin, and it is better if Migue79 then comments in the relevant blog in question.
Noted.

I shall make an Overlord assorted feat blog and include my calculated feats for others to agree accordingly.

again the level 100's being subsonic is BS because an around level 30 death warrior cut a barrage of machine gun bullets before eventually getting overwhelmed (the quote for that is somewhere in this thread already).
there's also still shalltear producing heat trails by moving in her fight against Ainz (which is listed on her profile but was never calced). and Ainz creating vacuums by moving in his fight against foresight (with his physical base speed).

the melee focused guardians are way faster than Ainz physically and shouldn't be affected by any "anti feats" on his part. he said in his fight against shalltear that he could barely keep up with her movements and in that fight he was using buffs and magical flight

so Ainz should have differing speed depending on whether he uses buffs and Flight because the flight is a magical effect and likely not affected by his normal speed (which is what he was using during his fight against shalltear)

and about the cities being small because they're medieval. thats not entirely correct either. the cities in overlord are of course smaller than a modern metropolis yes BUT they are larger than medieval cities because they have a higher level of technology than medieval europe because of magic
So do we have the bullet fire dodging scene, where the firing distance and the dodging distance can be properly calculated?

And to which degree these feats should be accepted or ignored? Can the variables in the feats be modified to fit the situations?

Last edited:
Please check the link that i give, if that TL true Gazef Atk Speed will be Light Speed.

I will waiting for that, no need to hurry

I'm reading through it quickly, so i might make a mistake. Doppel Lupus took a Nuclear Blast, and 3 Reality Slashes before Ainz declared her out. Lupus is one of the higher levelled Pleiades, so that should be a somewhat decent metric for the others for how much they can take

Meteor Fall destroyed a section of the wall as well as the big command building behind it iirc

Ainz was in the city square, so there was likely buildings all around him.

And there was also this quote:

Crimson spheres and glowing spheres blossomed in the sky.
Each of these spells could probably destroy an entire city district by
themselves, and they were hurling them at each other in wild flurries.
However, they looked kind of cute from a distance.
Even so, that was an exchange of power within a realm that mankind could
never reach.

I could see like, 8-B for top tiers then
Does anyone know which Volume & Chapter does this come from?

Commented on Jasonsith’s blog with regards to the explosion calc. Was able to due to having internet where I am right now. Any other calcs that are made for Overlord I can look at after I finish traveling.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

Your forgetting something Abyss, Machine gun bullets... can move at Subsonic. Real life<feats

Shalltears heat trail sounds like it could be calced if you can bring the quote here

What is the URL to the blog where Migue79 commented?

Your forgetting something Abyss, Machine gun bullets... can move at Subsonic. Real life<feats

Shalltears heat trail sounds like it could be calced if you can bring the quote here
Dodging machine gunfire from afar can be less than a subsonic feat even if that gunfire can travel at supersonic or even supersonic+ speed.
Conversely you can get several times faster than bullet speed when you dashed through a large distance within a time frame it almost moved from your nose to your eye.

Is there any calc blog there already?

What is the URL to the blog where Migue79 commented?
Comment is here

btw @Jasonsith ith, Bambu already recalced the mud fairy thing, obviously with the low end being used

I commented

Thank you. Both calculations can probably be used then.

So do we have the bullet fire dodging scene, where the firing distance and the dodging distance can be properly calculated?

I'm a bit late but here is the feat in question

The armour in the air pointed the pipe at the Dual-Wielder in one smooth motion, as though that sword toss did not do damage to him at all.

The pipe found its target and then — it spat out something after a brief flash of fire and lightning.

What used to be single-shot attacks turned into an uncountable amount of projectiles. ‘Grakatatata’, the sound of apathetic violence could be heard everywhere.

Faced with the unknown projectiles, the Dual-Wielder swung its swords. The sharp ‘ting’ sounds of whatever was flying towards it being sliced into pieces could be heard. But there was a limit to it.

Two swords could not have dealt with the dozens or even hundreds of projectiles. The tiny projectiles flew at shocking speeds as it penetrated the enemy. The Dual-Wielder started twitching as though it had muscle spasms and like the Shield-Bearer before it, it disappeared.

Seems around supersonic to me(the distane was never stated to be too great and machine gun bullets are most often supersonic) but i wont try to make too many assumtions, we actualy have another bullet feat by albedo which might be easier to work with, she can react to the same bullets bullets and redirect them back at the shooter by hitting them with her weapon.

However, Albedo could at the very least, redirect a few of the bullets back at him. Not only would this damage the opponent’s weapon, the damage of Albedo’s halberd was added on to it as well. Combined with the damage she could deal with her skills, this should deal a considerable amount of damage to the enemy.

The reason why i think this might be easier is because we can actualy see the distance between them in the art

Last edited:
Speed
As pointed out already, the supersonic+ calc for Albedo is wrong, so character should be rescaled from that lv 35 Death Warrior slicing machine gun bullets, which would still put the characters at supersonic+ (machine gun bullets are from 890 to 1219 m/s). However, not all characters should scale. Ainz for instance gets outsped by Clementine who is weaker than a Death Warrior. Still, Ainz's attack speed would scale to supersonic+ because his spells can hit lv 100 NPC, but his general combat/movement speed isn't that high. I would assume this would extend to other mage characters that aren't physically impressive, like Mare, where their spell may scale to supersonic+ if they can hit high level character, but their normal speed likely doesn't scale just like with Ainz.

I am very late but i really dont understand what your problem with the calc is
And now that I'm looking at it, I have no idea why this calc that puts Albedo's speed at mach 3 uses a timeframe of 0.00833 secs for blitzing some regular soldiers when that is straight up subsonic perception. Well, doesn't really matter because the Death Warrior cutting bullets from a machine gun is likely going to put them at roughtly the same speed.
The calc is based on albedo crossing a distance of over 7 meters faster than one can precieve an image, FTE feats can be very diferent deepnding on how much distance the character in question is covering, for example a character crosing a distance of 1 meter within a "too fast to be precieved" timeframe is gonna give very diferent reulsts than somene crossing an entire kilometer

I always saw Ainz getting outsped by clamentine as an extreme low end or a straight up outlier on her part, Ainz can keep up with level 100's like Shalltear and Wrath, he could track Shalltears movemnets(albeit with sme dificulty) and he didnt seem to have anywere near as much difculty keeping up with Wrath as he did with clementine and this is the same Wrath that was completely FTE to Remedios who is comparable to Clamentine. Also is there any evidense that Clemetine is weaker than the death warrior, she has reached the realm of heroes(meaning she is over level 30)and she focuses on agility on top of that, unless its explicitly stated that she is weaker i dont see why she couldnt be comparable. Also were is it stated that Mare isnt physicaly impressive, he is supposed to have a balanced build with high physical and magic stats, he is not all magic like Ainz is. In conclusion Ainz should scale to the death warrior just fine sisne he keeps up with much faster characters
I disagree with the the supersonic rating for the fodders though. It's entirely based on Zenberu supposedly creating a sonic boom when he swung his halberd, but it's never actually stated that he did, people just assume he did because "he didn't hit anything, so that sound the halberd produced couldn't be anything else but a sonic boom" (we argued over this earlier in the thread, with the differing translations and all, but it never went anywhere). I maintain that whatever the right translation is, whether it be bangor "roaring sound" or something else, just assuming that sound was a sonic boom because you can't think of what else it could be is pretty much an argument from ignorance. If you were to look at both the manga and anime adaptation of that moment, you'll find no sonic boom occuring.
Thats not really an argument of ignorance, people are claiming that it couldnt have been anything alse which i somewhat agree with, look at the facts, the weapon didnt hit anythng and the description is pretty close to what an actual sonic boom would sound like, ts sounds reasonable enough to me. Also something like this not accuring in manga and anime is not a good argument, lots of things are didferent in the anime, the source material always comes first.

Last edited:
the issue with Supersonic+ is that it is completely unkown where Albedo was standing or the angle at which she jumped at, it could straight up be Massively Hypersonic+ to Subsonic, too many unknowns for the calculation to be good, and there is no such sonic boom effect for Zenberu, we are assuming its a sonic boom because it made a "roaring sound" that could just as easily be the noise made when you swing something fast and Subsonic is all you really need for a roaring sound to be made.

the issue with Supersonic+ is that it is completely unkown where Albedo was standing or the angle at which she jumped at, it could straight up be Massively Hypersonic+ to Subsonic, too many unknowns for the calculation to be good, and there is no such sonic boom effect for Zenberu, we are assuming its a sonic boom because it made a "roaring sound" that could just as easily be the noise made when you swing something fast and Subsonic is all you really need for a roaring sound to be made.
We see were she is standing, the distance between Ainz and Albedo was calculated and it was assumed she moved at a straight line, you are not gonna get a worst result than this one, the only unknown here is how far she went before making the dash and knowing that would make her speed higher not lower.

As for zenberu i am not gonna comment on it sinse there is a lot of debate surounding it already, i have made another thread for people to discuss the feats sinse this one desnt seem to be getting any attention.

Last edited:
The distance between Ainz and Albedo was calculated and it was assumed she moved at a straight line, you are not gonna get a worst result than this one, the only unknown here is how far she went before making the dash and knowing that would make her speed higher not lower.

As for zenberu i am not gonna comment on it sinse there is a lot of debate surounding it already, i have made another thread for people to discuss the feats sinse this one desnt seem to be getting any attention.
That distance was calculated? We never see Albedo, or where she comes from for that, unless you have some scans proving otherwise

That distance was calculated? We never see Albedo, or where she comes from for that, unless you have some scans proving otherwise
Why dont you just take a look at the calc, the scan is litteraly there. And if you dont want to check it out here is the whole calculation.

2arctan(tan(70/2)*(121.5/478)) = 0.23971776123

0.23971776122*180/π = 13.7348159922

Ainz is 177 cm tall according to the Overlord Wiki, so distance = 734.83 cm, or 7.3483 meters.

Albedo Speed Image 2.png

2arctan(tan(70/2)*(386/477)) = 0.73226832834

0.73226832834*180/π = 41.9558846851

Distance = 230.82 cm, or 2.3082 meters.

Now I need to find Albedo's distance, subtract that from Ainz's, and then add that value to the original distance.

2arctan(tan(70/2)*(111.35/477)) = 0.22031734259

0.22031734259*180/π = 12.6232538839

A normal body is 7 1/2 heads tall. Albedo is 170 cm tall, so her head should be 22.667 cm.

Distance = 29.559 cm, or 0.29559 meters.

2.3082-0.29559 = 2.01261 meters.

7.3483+2.01261 = 9.36091 meters in total covered.

so can the downgarde happen

We havent reached a clclusion yet, i have made another thread about discussing the feats.

@TheOneBelowAll123 That link don't work, anyways Albedo could've been across the country ******* around in Re Estes or just barely out of frame for all we know, all that we do know is that she went to Ainz's left, we do not know how far she went, which is pretty nasty to guess because that makes or breaks a calculation.

@TheOneBelowAll123 That link don't work, anyways Albedo could've been across the country ******* around in Re Estes or just barely out of frame for all we know, all that we do know is that she went to Ainz's left, we do not know how far she went, which is pretty nasty to guess because that makes or breaks a calculation.

It works for me, here is were she was standing(this is when she first started moving)

Albedo Speed Image 1.png

And here is her arriving

Albedo Speed Image 2.png

Again the only unknon here is how far she went before making the dash and knowing that would make her speed higher not lower, assuming she run at stright line and didnt cover any extra ground gives you the lowest possible result, again you are not gonna get a worst speed than this.

She has already started moving in that first scan, no dice. the second scan doesn't show up for me
This is her starting to dash, its litteraly the first step she takes
Untitled.jpg

Immidietly after that first step she disapears
Albedo Speed Image 3.png
And then reapears in front of Ainz.

Albedo Speed Image 2.png

Again the only unknon here is how far she went before making the dash and knowing that would make her speed higher not lower, assuming she run in stright line and didnt cover any extra ground gives you the lowest possible result, again you are not gonna get a worst speed than this.

Last edited:
To summarize:

AP
The current AP ratings for both high,mid and low tiers ware put into question and some new calcs were made which seem mostly fine. The AP of both high and low tiers should be downgraded

Speed
There was a lot of debate surounding zenberus supposed sonic boom feat but the argument didnt seem to go anywhere, personaly i think its enough to warrant a "possibly" rating but thats just me, if its not enough then they can simply be put at subsonic or superhuman

There is also 1 more possibly supersonic feat

A level 35 death warrior being able to parry machine gun fire(890 to 1219 m/s) for a bit before being overwhelmed

The armour in the air pointed the pipe at the Dual-Wielder in one smooth motion, as though that sword toss did not do damage to him at all.

The pipe found its target and then — it spat out something after a brief flash of fire and lightning.

What used to be single-shot attacks turned into an uncountable amount of projectiles. ‘Grakatatata’, the sound of apathetic violence could be heard everywhere.

Faced with the unknown projectiles, the Dual-Wielder swung its swords. The sharp ‘ting’ sounds of whatever was flying towards it being sliced into pieces could be heard. But there was a limit to it.

Two swords could not have dealt with the dozens or even hundreds of projectiles. The tiny projectiles flew at shocking speeds as it penetrated the enemy. The Dual-Wielder started twitching as though it had muscle spasms and like the Shield-Bearer before it, it disappeared.

Low tier charcters like brain and gazef should scale to this.

Last edited:
I've got one question though, I didn't see the power of Super-Tier spells like "Fallen Down" discussed. Was there any calc or scaling for that?

I've got one question though, I didn't see the power of Super-Tier spells like "Fallen Down" discussed. Was there any calc or scaling for that?
Fallen down is far too inconsistent to calc and everything else is Enviromental Destruction or incalculable hax

So the ratings should be:

Hight tiers(Ainz, floor guardians ect): 7-C based on the district calc.

Bottom tiers(Zenberu, Climb ect): 9-B via the low end of this calc and Climb being stronger than a tiger, speed should go to supehuman with a possiby higher due to zenberus feat(my opinion)

Low tiers(Brain, Gazef, Go Gin ect): They should be 9-A via being a lot stronger than people like Zenberu(much like before), speed should be possibly supersonic via scaling from the death warriors machine gun feat.

Mid tiers(Pleiades, Evileye): Should probably stay the same, vastly stronger than low tiers but much weaker than high tiers.

If i made any mistakes please correct me.

So the ratings should be:

Hight tiers(Ainz, floor guardians ect): 7-C based on the district calc.

Bottom tiers(Zenberu, Climb ect): 9-B via the low end of this calc and Climb being stronger than a tiger, speed should go to supehuman with a possiby higher due to zenberus feat(my opinion)

Low tiers(Brain, Gazef, Go Gin ect): They should be 9-A via being a lot stronger than people like Zenberu(much like before), speed should be possibly supersonic via scaling from the death warriors machine gun feat.

Mid tiers(Pleiades, Evileye): Should probably stay the same, vastly stronger than low tiers but much weaker than high tiers.

If i made any mistakes please correct me.
9-A is upscaling from Wall level+, i dont think Mid tiers can go into 8-C from near baseline 9-A via sheer upscaling

Well maybe, its just that mid tiers are always shown to be stupidly stronger than low tiers, maybe a possibly higher then?
Likely higher should do since they do upscale a ridiculous amount
I see. And even if it wasn't inconsistent, it would likely be an outlier anyway.
Considering this is overlord top tiers we are talking about there really aren't outliers with them unless its ridiculous

I am amazed at how 1) a calc that's about AP to destroy a whole medieval city can be made when what we actually need is the AP the blow up just a single district of it as Ainz did, and 2) how people can go on about as if the calc actually calcs the destruction of only a single district when it actually calcs the destruction of the whole city.

I am amazed at how 1) a calc that's about AP to destroy a whole medieval city can be made when what we actually need is the AP the blow up just a single district of it as Ainz did, and 2) how people can go on about as if the calc actually calcs the destruction of only a single district when it actually calcs the destruction of the whole city.
Wasnt there alredy a discussion about this. City districts are fairly big.
Okay... Basically some spells apparently are capable of destroying city districts, and apparently as explosions (implied in the glowing spheres blossoming in the sky apparently).

Using the smallest London Borough (borough is another name for districts) as a basis...
  • Radius: (A/PI)^0.5 ; (12.12114 km2/PI)^0.5 = 1.964 km
  • Explosion: (1.964/0.28)^3/1000 = 0.3451 Megatons of TNT or 345.1 Kilotons of TNT
  • 345.1 / 2 = 172.55 Kilotons of TNT (Large Town level)
City of London, a typical Early Middle Ages (500-999 AD) town, is roughly 1.12 sqmi, or 2900786.684 m^2.

Medieval towns are in square blocks usually, so length = (2900786.684 m^2)^0.5 = 1703.169599 m
A blast to cover the whole of such town would need a blast diameter (2 times radius) covering the hypotenuse.
Required blast radius = (2*(1703.169599 m/2)^2)^0.5 = 1204.322773 m
Non-nuclear air blast yield = ((1204.322773/1000/0.28)^3)/1000*1000000/2 = 39785.4804 tons of TNT (Town) = 1.66462E+14 J

I will copy the calculation to here once the calculation gets approved here.
Unless the calc doesnt get aproved for whetever reason i dont see any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back