• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well first things first fighting Ouma physically is impossible due to his durability and wind armor.

However, the lack of mind resistance on his profile has me worried since Kessler doesn't have a problem eventually using his mindhax clones.

Kessler is much more versatile in ranged attacks as well.

Waiting for arguments

I guess Ill lay some counters here

First off, Ouma main counter to range is ptojectiles, which Kessler can dodge fine, he's well acquainted with characters who play the range game.

Ouma's biggest trump is Kusanagi and draining oxygen, however Kessler can still fight for a minute despite this and can use his mindhax clones to quickly defeat him if necessary.

This is what I get for asking for a Kessler match...

Anyway, gonna wait for Earl before making arguments. Although, it looks like Ouma's lifting strength overpowers Kessler's telekinesis, so there goes one of his biggest trump cards.

Should Kusanagi be restricted?

Good you're here

So outside of wind armor, Oxygen Drain and Kusanagi, what else is dangerous for him, and what's his AP

Basically he makes a bunch of clones that will mindhax you and mindbreak you if you make physical contact with them

Kessler doesn't lead with them per say, but he uses them when necessary

That said, if lifting strength doesn't alone counter TK, Kessler can just toss him into one.

If they require physical contact they won't get through his wind armor or wind barriers. Ouma is also a master swordsman so what stops him from chopping up?

Chopping up Kessler? The fact that Kessler is far more experienced and he abuses range (Also Ouma is at most 2x stronger assuming he's at the peak of 7B)

The clones? Like I said being within them is enough

Ouma is still very skilled and has been compared to Ikki at some points at least in volume 4. So what abilities would prevent Ouma from getting close?

Being within them? You mean if they surround him? Then I guess that's a wincon if Ouma just lets them surround him.

Comparable to Ikki? Excuse me what?

No, being within the phantasms, since they're pseudo intangible (As in you can physically pass through them but they're still hurt)

He's been compared to Ikki yes. Ikki compares Ouma to himself in skill. At least in the earlier volumes.

So they run at you and phase through into you to mindhax?

Firephoenixearl said:
What? No lol. He's not comparable to ikki, like at all.

What are the clones made of?
It's weird, they're made of pure energy of some kind but they can still be physically hit, Monkey can explain it better then I can.

@Emperor They don't necessarily run, they just kinda walk towards you, Ouma does have ranged attacks so he can destroy them safely that way, but if he tries to slice one or get yeeted into one he gets mindhaxed that way as well.

Kessler has mindhax that forces memories into you but that requires physically touching with his hand so that's kinda useless.

Anyway, I got a movie to see, you to can decide whether he's comparable in skill to Ikki or not

Shouldn't they you know...disperse as soon as they get close to the wind barrier?

I mean push comes to shove, Ouma gets mind haxed and Kessler dies of Oxygen few moments later.

That would be Incon at best assuming the wind barrier would dissipate

Problem is Ouma doesn't have the AP to dissapate it that easily

I also question if oxygen drain remains after he can't even think for himself, but knowing Rakudai the only way it was ever beaten was through some breathing skill

No, but you do need AP to literally one shot them with a touch

This is fiction, even energy and souls have Durability

You can't disperse the clones with physical attacks, as touching them leads to mind hax. But long range energy attacks, such as lightning bolts, make them disappear. Problem is, the closer they get to you, the more messed up your vision gets since they cause your vision to "white out" and make everything hard to see.

Wind barrier probably won't work since even when Cole coats his fist with lightning to punch them they still deliver a mental assault via physical contact.

Honestly even I'm not sure what the clones are made of. I wanna say electricity since they cause lightning to arc when close to power sources, but that's about all I got.

Firephoenixearl said:
So then can't he just Kusanagi them all?
I mean he can since that's a ranged attack and it's High 7A, but Kessler can make more, and using Kusanagi multiple times weakened Ouma.

Schnee One said:
Firephoenixearl said:
So then can't he just Kusanagi them all?
I mean he can since that's a ranged attack and it's High 7A, but Kessler can make more, and using Kusanagi multiple times weakened Ouma.
Didn't you say it's not even in character?

Also wouldn't 1 Kusanagi kill Kessler as well?

And after the 3rd Kusanagi the power of Kusanagi drops, not Ouma.

Schnee One said:
Kessler doesn't lead with them per say, but he uses them when necessary
I said the complete opposite of "not in character"

Kessler can dodge it anyway

How quickly does he use it in-character? Kessler is usually pretty quick to use his clones in battle, not opening move, but usually pretty quick.

Back