• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM webcomic and manga seperation (As well as some Murata statements)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fubuki isn’t 7-B? She’s still Low 7-B+. Also Evil Eye’s threat level is Unknown, and Low 7-B+ isn’t just the baseline for Dragon level, it’s also the higher end for Demon level. So using threat levels is not a counter.

Fubuki isn’t 7-B? She’s still Low 7-B+. Also Evil Eye’s threat level is Unknown, and Low 7-B+ isn’t just the baseline for Dragon level, it’s also the higher end for Demon level. So using threat levels is not a counter.
I agree with him scaling above Fubuki.

Weren't there people saying fubuki is 7-B earlier? Also even if his threat level is unknown, he's definitely not threat level dragon, otherwise, he would've been listed as a cadre. But considering Low 7-B+ is a higher end for a demon, this seems alright I guess

Murata said that in reference to what he said about Geryuganshoop, first of all, and you’re overlooking that Evil Eye is Murata’s own creation. Why would his words not be valid when it’s about his own creation, not ONE’s?
Because, ONE approves of everything. What Murata draws is ONE's world, not his world. Its why he said his own words do not matter. Evil Eye is under ONE's authority at the end of the day, not his. Him helping creating the design of it or drawing what it can do, does not mean his words carry canon weight behind them when he's outright said all of his statements are non-canon.

If that’s the stance you’re going with, then why was it even decided to take Murata’s statements on a case-by-case basis?

when he said that
Here
Well... I drew it with the thought that it is right but I don’t know whether the thought is same with ONE sensei’s official setting. Anyway I draw strong enemies powerful as far as possible when they appeared, so there is a possibility that I overstated him a bit than ONE sensei’s setting, so at the time I drew the Geryuganshoop’s pebble throwing, I made some principle to make him stronger than her.

Oh, about the comment things that I talked them here, except I am saying “I heard that from ONE sensei”, they are only my opinions and are not official settings. There might be some guys are asking to ONE sensei, but what I talked things were not all official ones. Like, except “They are in Hero Encyclopedia” or “ONE sensei said that” all things I said are only my guess.
By his own admission he has no authority over the universe. ONE does and material ONE approves of does.

If that’s the stance you’re going with, then why was it even decided to take Murata’s statements on a case-by-case basis?
I may have gone a bit far, since Murata does have notable influence in the story. I'm just saying that we shouldn't take unsupported statements at face value. I'm not in support of giving Evil Eye a hard rating based on his statement without more stuff backing said statement.

It would just be a ‘possibly’ rating though, I don’t think anyone’s suggesting that he just becomes straight 7-B.

he just say possibility overstated a BIT than one sensei setting about Geryuganshoop,I think disregarding the sublight speed of Geryuganshoop because he just say that It's not relevant for me
Well I mean if its just that statement then possibly could be argued but we have a direct statement of Murata stating that his words without any ONE's backup or OPM guidebook is his opinions which I quoted so yeah.
Because, ONE approves of everything. What Murata draws is ONE's world, not his world. Its why he said his own words do not matter. Evil Eye is under ONE's authority at the end of the day, not his. Him helping creating the design of it or drawing what it can do, does not mean his words carry canon weight behind them when he's outright said all of his statements are non-canon.
I dont agree with this because Evil Eye is something Murata has created on his own with no sign of it being part of ONE's script hence his words regarding how strong Evileye is should be taken as valid.Otherwise for characters created by ONE or consent is taken from ONE then I can agree but that isn't the case with Evileye here.
It would just be a ‘possibly’ rating though, I don’t think anyone’s suggesting that he just becomes straight 7-B
I dont see why it shouldn't be straight 7-B but if you guys want to go with possibly 7-B then sure I guess

I dont see why it shouldn't be straight 7-B but if you guys want to go with possibly 7-B then sure I guess
Fubuki isn't even 7-B, plus Low 7-B+ is the absolute highest for a demon, there's no way evil eye is a dragon level threat, since he isn't listed as a cadre.
I dont agree with this because Evil Eye is something Murata has created on his own with no sign of it being part of ONE's script hence his words regarding how strong Evileye is should be taken as valid.Otherwise for characters created by ONE or consent is taken from ONE then I can agree but that isn't the case with Evileye here.
I'm pretty sure Murata still needed ONE's approval to place evil eye into the story

Fubuki isn't even 7-B, plus Low 7-B+ is the absolute highest for a demon, there's no way evil eye is a dragon level threat, since he isn't listed as a cadre
I went with 7-B based on what LordTracer said so my bad.He should then be Atleast 8-B likely 8-A scaling above Fubuki and the fact that she didn't perform her feat against Rover at that time(Also why is it listed in AP section by the way? Its a durability feat not AP)
I'm pretty sure Murata still needed ONE's approval to place evil eye into the story
Of course but that wouldn't disregard Murata statement since he would still know Evil eye strength as thats his own character.

I went with 7-B based on what LordTracer said so my bad.He should then be Atleast 8-B likely 8-A scaling above Fubuki and the fact that she didn't perform her feat against Rover at that time(Also why is it listed in AP section by the way? Its a durability feat not AP)
He shouldn't be tier 8 since he's already 7-C

But you're missing the issue here. ONE is the final authority of the series and owns the character, not Murata. He draws the stuff, but ONE always has final say and has unlimited veto power. Its why Murata always stresses what is his opinion and what ONE has told him, since he at least doesn't consider his own input as canon as ONE's. Dismissing outright is probably incorrect, but using it as the sole justification is equally incorrect.

Hence why it would just be a ‘possibly’ rating and he wouldn’t fully scale.

Oh yeah, Saitams's class G feat should be removed and he should be Class P, as he's superior to Tats

That was brought up a while ago, and it was rejected because she uses telekinesis.

Well I mean if its just that statement then possibly could be argued but we have a direct statement of Murata stating that his words without any ONE's backup or OPM guidebook is his opinions which I quoted so yeah.

Look back at his Statement:

hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE. But his ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because he can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks like he does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed*, that's the setting I based my drawing on. Tatsumaki can throw very large objects, but there's a limit to how fast she can throw them. Geryuganshoop is the greatest psychic in the universe after all. That's what I think. (he repeats this several times)

Murata said Geryuganshoopoop sub-lightspeed it was setted on his drawn,It means the sublight speed of Geryuganshoop not just on his statement only.It has setted in his drawn ini manga.

Definitely not, Boros will be his own thread (which will come after the Gouketsu thread and Chapter 182 thread).

I'm still preparing the Boros thread, and we do need some other calcs to back up the thread. Also part of me wants to wait for AG's debut before doing that thread tbh

New chapter CRT and who scales to Gouketsu, I'd say we just merge the 2 threads tbh

Also I plan on doing a thread to slightly modify the ratings of the Dragon levels and those who scale to them.
New chapter CRT and who scales to Gouketsu, I'd say we just merge the 2 threads tbh
I still think it should depend on the results of Psykos’ calc. If it’s finished and approved by the time this thread is complete, then we can merge them. If it’s not, then we should do Gouketsu first.

I dunno if I gave my opinion on Geryuganshoop yet, but I would be fine with either ‘At least Low 7-B+’ or ‘At least Low 7-B+, possibly 6-C.’

But you're missing the issue here. ONE is the final authority of the series and owns the character, not Murata. He draws the stuff, but ONE always has final say and has unlimited veto power. Its why Murata always stresses what is his opinion and what ONE has told him, since he at least doesn't consider his own input as canon as ONE's. Dismissing outright is probably incorrect, but using it as the sole justification is equally incorrect.
Of course ONE is the final authority,thats fine and all but he doesn't own the charactar Evil eye,thats Murata's character which he approved in OPM verse meaning Murata would know about the strength of the character he created himself and not that ONE would be the only one to have idea about how strong Evil Eye is.Thats true but thats applicable to characters which ONE created and story in general,it doesn't apply to Murata's own character.So this sole justification(as it has no contradictions and if anything calculation support it) so it works.
Hence why it would just be a ‘possibly’ rating and he wouldn’t fully scale.
Wouldn't fully scale to who?
Look back at his Statement:

hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE. But his ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because he can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks like he does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed*, that's the setting I based my drawing on. Tatsumaki can throw very large objects, but there's a limit to how fast she can throw them. Geryuganshoop is the greatest psychic in the universe after all. That's what I think. (he repeats this several times)

Murata said Geryuganshoopoop sub-lightspeed it was setted on his drawn,It means the sublight speed of Geryuganshoop not just on his statement only.It has setted in his drawn ini manga.
Murata stated that rocks flying at sub light speed is based on setting he has drawn which also includes Geryuganshoop control over rocks and then segment of the quote is directly referenced in the next quote which I will quote again where he says that he is unsure if he overstated a bit from One's intentions for the scene and also further backed up by Murata saying that without any support from ONE or OPM guidebook,his words are just his opinions on the matter(Which includes this as well because there is no back up to Relativistic+ speed of Geryuganshoop)
“The pebble throwing of Geryganshoop is stronger than Tatsumaki’s.”
Well... I drew it with the thought that it is right but I don’t know whether the thought is same with ONE sensei’s official setting. Anyway I draw strong enemies powerful as far as possible when they appeared, so there is a possibility that I overstated him a bit than ONE sensei’s setting, so at the time I drew the Geryuganshoop’s pebble throwing, I made some principle to make him stronger than her.

Oh, about the comment things that I talked them here, except I am saying “I heard that from ONE sensei”, they are only my opinions and are not official settings. There might be some guys are asking to ONE sensei, but what I talked things were not all official ones. Like, except “They are in Hero Encyclopedia” or “ONE sensei said that” all things I said are only my guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back