• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM webcomic and manga seperation (As well as some Murata statements)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if I gave my opinion on Geryuganshoop yet, but I would be fine with either ‘At least Low 7-B+’ or ‘At least Low 7-B+, possibly 6-C.’
I agree with former,no reason for Geryuganshoop to be possibly 6-C when Murata statement isn't applicable anymore

Of course ONE is the final authority,thats fine and all but he doesn't own the charactar Evil eye,thats Murata's charscter which he approved in OPM verse meaning Murata would know about the strength of the character he created himself and not that ONE would be the only one to have idea about how strong Evil Eye is.Thats true but thats applicable to characters which ONE created and story in general,it doesn't apply to Murata's own character.So this sole justification(as it has no contradictions and if anything calculation support it) so it works.

Wouldn't fully scale to who?

Murata stated that rocks flying at sub light speed is based on setting he has drawn which also includes Geryuganshoop control over rocks and then segment of the quote is directly referenced in the next quote which I will quote again where he says that he is unsure if he overstated a bit from One's intentions for the scene and also further backed up by Murata saying that without any support from ONE or OPM guidebook,his words are just his opinions on the matter(Which includes this as well because there is no back up to Relativistic+ speed of Geryuganshoop)
how it is just an opinion ,when he said that it has setted on his drawn bro?

My current stance on Murata statements is that they shouldn't be discarded, but shouldn't be primary or 100 percent valid source, unless approved or the statement is based on something ONE said, like the Boros example I gave. On their onw, I believe they should either be placed at "Possibly" or be discarded if contradictory

My current stance on Murata statements is that they shouldn't be discarded, but shouldn't be primary or 100 percent valid source, unless approved or the statement is based on something ONE said, like the Boros example I gave. On their onw, I believe they should either be placed at "Possibly" or be discarded if contradictory
Yeah, that’s about how I feel about it.

My standing on Murata statements is that as long as it isn't backed up by ONE or the manga or any of the sort,it shouldn't be used because Murata continuously stated that his words are just his opinion and it isn't official leaving no room for questioning his statement.Basically taking case by case basis approach with his statements is what I vouch for

I think everybody here has the same fellings towards the Muratas' statements, it's just that some are more extemes than others

Wasn't that my original argument that everyone disagreed with?
Yeah,I realized that this was your original argument which I disagreed with in the start but after seeing the quote of Murata basically not considering his opinions as official based on what Qawsed sent caused me to change my mind so I currently end up agreeing with your original stance on Murata's statement now.
So on profil Geryuganshoop it will be possibly 6C now?
Most likely,either no 6-C or possibly 6-C

If Geryuganshoop is getting possibly 6-C then his attacking speed should also be possibly Relativistic+ now

Pretty much yeah, It'll downgrade Saitama to: At least Relativistic+, possibly FTL, possibly higher. However, if we do go with 90 percent boros, I guess Saitama could upscale from that but seems iffy

Pretty much yeah, It'll downgrade Saitama to: At least Relativistic+, possibly FTL, possibly higher. However, if we do go with 90 percent boros, I guess Saitama could upscale from that but seems iffy
I don't think it's iffy, Saitama dramatically outsped Meteoric Burst Boros in chapter 36 when he closed the distance and nearly finished his normal punch combo by the time Boros could react. If we say that Boros has 90% FTL reaction speed at that point in time, it wouldn't be a stretch to say Saitama is 5, 10 times the speed of light. Or if his reaction speed is not on that level, then Saitama should be at least 5 times faster than whatever MB Boros's reaction speed is, or the minimum value to speedblitz if you prefer it that way.

I don't think it's iffy, Saitama dramatically outsped Meteoric Burst Boros in chapter 36 when he closed the distance and nearly finished his normal punch combo by the time Boros could react. If we say that Boros has 90% FTL reaction speed at that point in time, it wouldn't be a stretch to say Saitama is 5, 10 times the speed of light. Or if his reaction speed is not on that level, then Saitama should be at least 5 times faster than whatever MB Boros's reaction speed is, or the minimum value to speedblitz if you prefer it that way.
I think Saitama being FTL via blitzing Boros if we decide to use 90 percent Boros should be alright. But I'll save that for the CRT. What are your stance on everything else?

If Boros is high-end Rel+, wouldn’t Saitama upscaling just make him SoL, not FTL?

Waiting for staff input. All we have are geryu and evil eye, both should probably receive an "At least, possibly" rating

I don’t think Evil Eye should have an ‘At least,’ he should just be ‘7-C+, possibly Low 7-B+.’ And I already gave my thoughts on Gery a while ago.

Saitama would still be Relativistic+ even if we upscale him from 90% times speed of light since he is just unquantifiable times faster than Boros so to say he is even 2 times faster than Boros is reliant on assumption.

90% SoL is 1.1x away from baseline SoL. You can upscale if the difference is 1.5x or less.

Saitama would still be Relativistic+ even if we upscale him from 90% times speed of light since he is just unquantifiable times faster than Boros so to say he is even 2 times faster than Boros is reliant on assumption.
The minimum speed difference required to speedblitz obviously varies from situation to situation, but it's a given that if Saitama can speedblitz Boros like he did, he's fast enough to upscale to the next tier especially since Boros is so close to the speed of light. We can't take him up to FTL, even if we can reasonably infer that's where this feat puts him, but perhaps we can do "At least SOL"? Saitama wasn't even giving a serious effort when he speedblitzed Boros.

Wait, why are we discussing Boros? He’s supposed to be saved for his own thread.

I think most people agree on Gery being ‘At least Low 7-B+, possibly 6-C’ and Evil Eye being ‘7-C+, possibly Low 7-B+,’ right?

Wait, why are we discussing Boros? He’s supposed to be saved for his own thread.

I think most people agree on Gery being ‘At least Low 7-B+, possibly 6-C’ and Evil Eye being ‘7-C+, possibly Low 7-B+,’ right?
Well, if we're going to discard Geryuganshoop's statement and downgrade Saitama, Saitama's speed will have to be downgraded to "SoL" or as I would recommend, "at least SoL", based on his showing against Boros.

I don’t think we’re totally discarding it (although I wouldn’t mind if we did), just dropping it to a ‘possibly.’ So Saitama would be more like ‘At least SoL, possibly FTL.’

I don’t think we’re totally discarding it (although I wouldn’t mind if we did), just dropping it to a ‘possibly.’ So Saitama would be more like ‘At least SoL, possibly FTL.’
I'm cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back