• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
think many have simply lost interest in discussing Bat and thrown this topic into the furnace.

Garou could only deal damage to Sage at the beginning of the fight when he hit him in the face. More has not been shown. As we know, the face is the most vulnerable part of Centipedes. Based on this, we don't scale it to 6-C at the start of the fight, and accordingly don't scale the Centipede's Grand March to that. Thus it deprives us of all inconsistencies.

Sage is rated "At least 6-C, 6-A with 6666 Grand Legs Drill", scaling her durability to 6666 GLD. However, the rest of the attacks do not use the full power of the body at full speed, so they are not as strong.

It also fits with Garou being knocked to his knees by the Centipede March, and Bad being able to withstand this attack for a while, albeit with much more damage. It is also consistent with Bat damaging Sage's tendrils when Garou had a bit of a problem with them.

Therefore, Bat should be divided into 2 keys "before AM arc" and "after AM arc" and give the second key the value "At least Low 7-B, up to 6-C with Fighting Spirit, 6-A with Fighting Spirit and Resonance
If Sage has 6-A durability but SC said "so strong" and needed to molt in response to Garou's attacks, wouldn't that make Garou 6-A in AP upon meeting SC? Even if SC's face is a weak point I don't see how it would be demonstrably weaker to the point of being 6-C.

This looks like overstretching the key because it would look like "At least 7-B (hit Bomb and Bang), up to 6-C (hit Flash and Platinum), 6-A with Resonance, up to 6-A+"

I think it's just a good idea to state in your profile notes the feats that this Garou Key scales to.
it may look like overstretching but that is technically correct, if you don't want to include resonance in garous profile then you should have the same approach to MB's profile too

Garou even comments that it doesn't matter what area of SC he destroys it will just keep regenerating.
He hit the face and the face recovered, that's right.

Every time we were shown Sage's damage, it was the head. That's what I mean.

He hit the face and the face recovered, that's right.

Every time we were shown Sage's damage, it was the head. That's what I mean.
I understand that but it doesn't make sense for SC to molt and say "so strong" while grunting in response to Garou's attacks if they weren't 6-A, even if they were at its technical weak spot. Garou saying it doesn't matter what spot he destroys because SC will regenerate tells me that he could similarly destroy and damage SC's harder parts as well and this was before Fighting Spirit or Resonance. And going by the impact explosions of Garou's attacks, he wasn't exclusively aiming at the small face weak point of SC.

I understand that but it doesn't make sense for SC to molt and say "so strong" while grunting in response to Garou's attacks if they weren't 6-A, even if they were at its technical weak spot. Garou saying it doesn't matter what spot he destroys because SC will regenerate tells me that he could similarly destroy and damage SC's harder parts as well and this was before Fighting Spirit or Resonance. And going by the impact explosions of Garou's attacks, he wasn't exclusively aiming at the small face weak point of SC.
Garou is not talking about the places of blows, but about their strength. No matter how hard he hits, the monster regenerates.

Bat is also shown to hit all over his body when using Tornado. However, this has no effect.

it may look like overstretching but that is technically correct, if you don't want to include resonance in garous profile then you should have the same approach to MB's profile too
I don't mind, but it looks unnecessarily long.

Garou is not talking about the places of blows, but about their strength. No matter how hard he hits, the monster regenerates.

Bat is also shown to hit all over his body when using Tornado. However, this has no effect.
Garou explicitly says "It doesn't matter what area I destroy, he'll just charge while regenerating".

Bat is fodder before Resonance and Fighting Spirit. I was speaking of Garou's Resonance and Fighting Spirit before.

Garou explicitly says "It doesn't matter what area I destroy, he'll just charge while regenerating".

Bat is fodder before Resonance and Fighting Spirit. I was speaking of Garou's Resonance and Fighting Spirit before.
My bad, I came across not the most reliable translation.

In any case, we only saw serious damage when Garou was hit on the head.
Otherwise, it makes little sense that we're being told about the duo's explosive growth of power when they first directly demonstrate that they're capable of smashing and punching through shells.

By the way, about the fact that someone said that Bat blocked all attacks with a bat. He only put it in front of his head, while the blows went past the block.

My bad, I came across not the most reliable translation.

In any case, we only saw serious damage when Garou was hit on the head.
Otherwise, it makes little sense that we're being told about the duo's explosive growth of power when they first directly demonstrate that they're capable of smashing and punching through shells.

By the way, about the fact that someone said that Bat blocked all attacks with a bat. He only put it in front of his head, while the blows went past the block.
It's alright

It's Garou who's the one damaging SC before MB or FS/Resonance is introduced. In Garou and MB's first "team" attack MB didn't do any damage. When it comes to Garou, it seems pretty clear to me that it's Sage's regeneration that is the issue and not its hard shell going by what he said and Sage's reaction to his attacks. Garou never comments on Sage being too hard to damage or tanking his attacks, he just always mentions Sage's regeneration. I think it's alright to say Garou had 6-A AP on a level comparable to Sage's durability from the very first encounter they had with each other.

It's alright

It's Garou who's the one damaging SC before MB or FS/Resonance is introduced. In Garou and MB's first "team" attack MB didn't do any damage. When it comes to Garou, it seems pretty clear to me that it's Sage's regeneration that is the issue and not its hard shell going by what he said and Sage's reaction to his attacks. Garou never comments on Sage being too hard to damage or tanking his attacks, he just always mentions Sage's regeneration. I think it's alright to say Garou had 6-A AP on a level comparable to Sage's durability from the very first encounter they had with each other.
I'm not at all sure how much damage Garou was doing to the shell at that moment. When he pierced through Sage, it was due to the explosive growth in strength. Garou hadn't shown such power up to this point, otherwise it would have been enough for him to pierce Centipede many times to weaken her.

It also doesn't match that Bat was able to survive and come out intact enough after being attacked by Sage. Some try to say that the blows were taken by his weapon, but if you look closely at the page, this is not the case.

Sage Centipede took multiple attacks from Garou, and couldn't believe how powerful Garou actually was. The second he could, he took a hostage to prevent Garou from moving. This already tells us everything, Garou was "too strong" and he wasn't fully confident in dealing with him without some kind of insurance.

Once again, Sage only directly fought Garou when he had no choice. Hostage was impossible and there was nothing else he could do. Garou was already scaling to Sage from the start, and trying to ignore that is unacceptable. Saying that Garou being unable to break Sage's feelers doesn't mean anything, they can be however durability the scaling says.

Only reason we can say his feelers are less durable is head canon. But this is fiction, anything can be as durable as it wants. I know of a character who's index finger is more durable than any other part of their body. And that isn't even their power or anything, just something random.

If Garou was only 6-C and Sage had an attack that was hundreds of times more powerful, why is he afraid of Garou and wanted to take a hostage to keep him from moving? I heavily dislike assuming characters are stupid just to fit our head canon scaling.

Sage believed Garou's strength was "too strong", and was not confident in fighting him without a hostage. Always trying to take a hostage, until it became impossible. There is no getting around this fact, which means he didn't believe he can defeat Garou in one hit like your scaling is suggesting.

Since 51 Gigatons is many, many, and many times inferior to 2.4 Petatons.

Sage Centipede took multiple attacks from Garou, and couldn't believe how powerful Garou actually was. The second he could, he took a hostage to prevent Garou from moving. This already tells us everything, Garou was "too strong" and he wasn't fully confident in dealing with him without some kind of insurance.

Once again, Sage only directly fought Garou when he had no choice. Hostage was impossible and there was nothing else he could do. Garou was already scaling to Sage from the start, and trying to ignore that is unacceptable. Saying that Garou being unable to break Sage's feelers doesn't mean anything, they can be however durability the scaling says.

Only reason we can say his feelers are less durable is head canon. But this is fiction, anything can be as durable as it wants. I know of a character who's index finger is more durable than any other part of their body. And that isn't even their power or anything, just something random.

If Garou was only 6-C and Sage had an attack that was hundreds of times more powerful, why is he afraid of Garou and wanted to take a hostage to keep him from moving? I heavily dislike assuming characters are stupid just to fit our head canon scaling.

Sage believed Garou's strength was "too strong", and was not confident in fighting him without a hostage. Always trying to take a hostage, until it became impossible. There is no getting around this fact, which means he didn't believe he can defeat Garou in one hit like your scaling is suggesting.

Since 51 Gigatons is many, many, and many times inferior to 2.4 Petatons.
Same logic can be used vise versa unless you do agree SC is FTL. If Garou is so fast, 100’s of times quicker than SC and relative in strength, why didn’t he just immobilize SC for a split moment and take the hostages. I also heavily dislike assuming characters are stupid. Why would Garou attack at all if SC had the hostages, cuz the logic here is garou doesn’t want to risk it, yet Garou still attacks SC. Also SC was just taking grunting damage from Garou yet a hit from SC put Garou down and SC’s grip strength restrained garou until Garou for another RE buff.
Simple answer is that Garou>>>>>>>>PS>>>FF(6-C) before he killed PS. Garou was probably 6-B the exact moment he killed PS.

Nothing you said made any sense to me, made my head hurt trying to understand it though. I don't give a damn about speed.

Garou broke out of his grip just fine. Garou was never brought to his knees, and even if he was how does that imply him being 6-C?

I don't get any point you're trying to make? And 6-B is coming from nowhere it looks like?

Sage believes Garou was too strong. Unless someone can dispute that fact, Garou was scaling to Sage even in the first encounter. Taking a hostage against someone who is hundreds of times weaker than you is very absurd and something I highly doubt is what was happening. When nothing in universe suggest such a thing.

He literally states as such, so entire Sage is stupid and doesn't understand how durable and strong he is. Or Garou is indeed too strong, and scales to Sage.

Nothing you said made any sense to me, made my head hurt trying to understand it though. I don't give a damn about speed.

Garou broke out of his grip just fine. Garou was never brought to his knees, and even if he was how does that imply him being 6-C?

I don't get any point you're trying to make? And 6-B is coming from nowhere it looks like?
I’m pointing out ur faulty logic of comparing SC and Garou, the entire hostage situation also relies on other stats aside from AP. 6-C coming from the VERY beginning of the fight who FF scales too, then PS scales above FF by a good amount, and Garou scales massively above PS. You said Garou was just 6-C, he wasn’t. He was brought to his knees, like did u do an entire timeskip of those chapters. The point I’m trying to make is ur scaling comparison, acting as if Garou was 6-C damaging SC, which he wasn’t.

Last edited:

6-A is the rating for a full body attack that spins at an insane speed. This is literally the centipede's trump card and no other attack scales up to that.

The centipede is just a huge and very durable creature. He could be afraid of Garou even because he is unable to catch him and he successfully deals damage to vulnerable points.

I’m pointing out ur faulty logic of comparing SC and Garou, the entire hostage situation also relies on other stats aside from AP. 6-C coming from the VERY beginning of the fight who FF scales too, then PS scales above FF by a good amount, and Garou scales massively above PS. You said Garou was just 6-C, he wasn’t. He was brought to his knees, like did u do an entire timeskip of those chapters. The point I’m trying to make is ur scaling comparison, acting as if Garou was 6-C damaging SC, which he wasn’t.
6-C to which I suggest scaling Bat, Garou and Centipede is not a feat of lifting rocks, but when Sage raised a spear. 51 or 53 gigaton, as I recall.

This is a random feat performed by Sage, which incidentally was performed by his face, lmao.

6-C to which I suggest scaling Bat, Garou and Centipede is not a feat of lifting rocks, but when Sage raised a spear. 51 or 53 gigaton, as I recall.

This is a random feat performed by Sage, which incidentally was performed by his face, lmao.
Yeah that feat…forgot about it, either way that feat isn’t really valid, it’s like giving Saitama a 7-B key for a feat he performed.

Yeah that feat…forgot about it, either way that feat isn’t really valid, it’s like giving Saitama a 7-B key for a feat he performed.
However, this is something we can go with.

6666 GLD is a high end using KE of the whole body rotating at high speed. None of the previous attacks use the entire body and attack with such speed. This is literally the strongest attack he was going to use to kill the heroes who had withstood the centipede's great march so far, so I don't see a problem with that.

And I'm not telling you that Sage will just be "6-C", it will be "At least 6-C, likely far higher, 6-A with 6666 Grand Legs Drill".

It's like we share the key of Genos with his simple physical attacks and shots and the spiral cannon.

However, this is something we can go with.

6666 GLD is a high end using KE of the whole body rotating at high speed. None of the previous attacks use the entire body and attack with such speed. This is literally the strongest attack he was going to use to kill the heroes who had withstood the centipede's great march so far, so I don't see a problem with that.

And I'm not telling you that Sage will just be "6-C", it will be "At least 6-C, likely far higher, 6-A with 6666 Grand Legs Drill".

It's like we share the key of Genos with his simple physical attacks and shots and the spiral cannon.
Yeah I guess that works, another resolution could be unknown but that’s quite cursed.

I'm not at all sure how much damage Garou was doing to the shell at that moment. When he pierced through Sage, it was due to the explosive growth in strength. Garou hadn't shown such power up to this point, otherwise it would have been enough for him to pierce Centipede many times to weaken her.

It also doesn't match that Bat was able to survive and come out intact enough after being attacked by Sage. Some try to say that the blows were taken by his weapon, but if you look closely at the page, this is not the case.
Garou doesn't need to show the same level of damage he did to SC during the 6666 Drill in order to scale his attacks to Sage's durability. Garou can damage Sage without having the proper strength to pierce Sage and as Garou said he only noticed Sage's core after sensing the energy it releases whenever it regenerates SC seconds before that he thought attacking Sage's entire body at once was the way to defeat Sage.

I am confused by what you're talking about here.

Also, what is MB's durability with Resonance and Fighting Spirit? Because Sage Centipede did knock him out with just one punch after Metal Bat destroyed a piece of his carapace.

Garou doesn't need to show the same level of damage he did to SC during the 6666 Drill in order to scale his attacks to Sage's durability. Garou can damage Sage without having the proper strength to pierce Sage and as Garou said he only noticed Sage's core after sensing the energy it releases whenever it regenerates SC seconds before that he thought attacking Sage's entire body at once was the way to defeat Sage.

I am confused by what you're talking about here.
We still don't see Garou doing any serious damage to anything other than his face. Furthermore, prior to Resonance, Garou received damage from attacks that were determined to be much weaker than level 6-A attacks.

The only other thing I can suggest is to scale Bat, Sage and Garou not to spear feat, but to PE Sage's, which will give about Low 6-B.

We still don't see Garou doing any serious damage to anything other than his face. Furthermore, prior to Resonance, Garou received damage from attacks that were determined to be much weaker than level 6-A attacks.

The only other thing I can suggest is to scale Bat, Sage and Garou not to spear feat, but to PE Sage's, which will give about Low 6-B.
So? Why can't SC's face also have durability comparable to his entire body? There's no reason for SC to be surprised by how strong Garou's attacks are if he knows Garou is attacking his soft weak point face making him resort to regenerating. Garou's attacks before Resonance or Fighting Spirit damaged places besides the soft face of SC and even caused Sage's head and "neck" to recoil in response to his attacks. Not only that but Sage's face takes the same blows from Garou that cracked his carapace, mandibles, and hands so SC's face would have to be comparable to his body, otherwise, Garou would logically pulverize SC's face and innards with one punch to his face.

Bat is also shown hitting the body and we see the shockwaves from the punches, but this had no effect.

We have no arguments to deny my version, because the only time we are shown the consequences of damage is the head and face. Both this and that. I didn't just focus on the face.
But this version makes much more sense and solves scaling issues.

I’m in agreement with Diemonite. If Sage has 6-A durability, then Garou is 6-A for harming him and being considered “so strong” by him.

There’s so many mental gymnastics required to say he’s still just 6-C at that point, the only way for that to be the case is if we ignored the 6-A calc and Sage himself was 6-C, but that’s not happening.

Bat is also shown hitting the body and we see the shockwaves from the punches, but this had no effect.

We have no arguments to deny my version, because the only time we are shown the consequences of damage is the head and face. Both this and that. I didn't just focus on the face.
But this version makes much more sense and solves scaling issues.
Bat's attacks don't have pieces of the carapace breaking off of Sage while Garou's does, even at parts that aren't the face.

Your version is implying a major weakness for SC that is never stated and is contradicted by the panels. If Sage's face has 6-C durability while his body had 6-A durability, why do parts of SC that are not the face also crack? Why doesn't SC's face instantly gets destroyed by the attacks that broke his carapace? Why does Garou state "It doesn't matter what area I destroy, he'll just charge while regenerating"? Why does SC recoil the entire head gets knocked back in response to Garou's attacks? How can Garou crack SC's fingers from just breaking out of its grip? Why does Fighting Spirit + Resonance boost MB get knocked out from a punch from SC? Once again, Garou only brings up SC's regeneration as the issue, not its durability and he even scoffs at MB for being so weak and unable to deal any damage on SC. SC's reaction to Garou vs his reaction to MB even reflects that.

The scaling issues are easily solved even if your scale Garou to 6-A or whatever Sage's durability is decided to be.

Garou is 6-A, far higher with reactive evolution resonance, fighting spirit, and awakening breath.

Metal Bat never deals damage until after he gets an FS boost from SC's grand march that allowed him to easily destroy SC's tentacles. MB get's a 7-B, 6-A with FS, and far higher with Resonance.

Sage Centipede gets a static 6-A for damaging MB and Garou.

Sage Centipede and EOW's attacks may be calc'd to have 6-C or 6-B DC but that doesn't mean their AP is that low.

Bat's attacks don't have pieces of the carapace breaking off of Sage while Garou's does, even at parts that aren't the face.

Your version is implying a major weakness for SC that is never stated and is contradicted by the panels. If Sage's face has 6-C durability while his body had 6-A durability, why do parts of SC that are not the face also crack? Why doesn't SC's face instantly gets destroyed by the attacks that broke his carapace? Why does Garou state "It doesn't matter what area I destroy, he'll just charge while regenerating"? Why does SC recoil the entire head gets knocked back in response to Garou's attacks? How can Garou crack SC's fingers from just breaking out of its grip? Why does Fighting Spirit + Resonance boost MB get knocked out from a punch from SC? Once again, Garou only brings up SC's regeneration as the issue, not its durability and he even scoffs at MB for being so weak and unable to deal any damage on SC. SC's reaction to Garou vs his reaction to MB even reflects that.

The scaling issues are easily solved even if your scale Garou to 6-A or whatever Sage's durability is decided to be.

Garou is 6-A, far higher with reactive evolution resonance, fighting spirit, and awakening breath.

Metal Bat never deals damage until after he gets an FS boost from SC's grand march that allowed him to easily destroy SC's tentacles. MB get's a 7-B, 6-A with FS, and far higher with Resonance.

Sage Centipede and EOW's attacks may be calc'd to have 6-C or 6-B DC but that doesn't mean their AP is that low.
It confuses me wildly that the tendril breaking attack and centipede march scale to 6-A when that's the absolute maximum it can perform.

think many have simply lost interest in discussing Bat and thrown this topic into the furnace.

Garou could only deal damage to Sage at the beginning of the fight when he hit him in the face. More has not been shown. As we know, the face is the most vulnerable part of Centipedes. Based on this, we don't scale it to 6-C at the start of the fight, and accordingly don't scale the Centipede's Grand March to that. Thus it deprives us of all inconsistencies.

Sage is rated "At least 6-C, 6-A with 6666 Grand Legs Drill", scaling her durability to 6666 GLD. However, the rest of the attacks do not use the full power of the body at full speed, so they are not as strong.

It also fits with Garou being knocked to his knees by the Centipede March, and Bad being able to withstand this attack for a while, albeit with much more damage. It is also consistent with Bat damaging Sage's tendrils when Garou had a bit of a problem with them.

Therefore, Bat should be divided into 2 keys "before AM arc" and "after AM arc" and give the second key the value "At least Low 7-B, up to 6-C with Fighting Spirit, 6-A with Fighting Spirit and Resonance

This

MB surviving the Great March qualifies for 6-C I guess.
Your version is implying a major weakness for SC that is never stated and is contradicted by the panels. If Sage's face has 6-C durability while his body had 6-A durability
SC doesn't need to have 6-A durability to withstand the KE of the march. If it can plow through anything without resistance then the recoil would never effect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back