• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Flashy Flash speed upgrade to FTL

Are you guys gonna say this is an outlier or hyperbole? Even though that makes zero sense?

Mxy5 said:
Are you guys gonna say this is an outlier or hyperbole? Even though that makes zero sense?
How does it being Hyperbole or Outlier make Zero sense when the stronger characters don't have feats that high?.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Mxy5 said:
How does it being Hyperbole or Outlier make Zero sense when the stronger characters don't have feats that high?.
Which strongers characters don't have feats that high?

LightinAnt said:
Boros, Garou, Saitama....
Garou doesn't count because we haven't seen his awakened form in the manga. All the characters are getting buffed in the manga.

Saitama doesn't count because he hasn't shown his full power yet, not even close.

Boros very well could have been moving faster than light, and it was just that Murata didn't draw it correctly. There's nothing that goes against him being FTL. Do you guys seriously think Murata would be like "oh I think Boros is faster than light so I better draw the fight in a way that makes his speed feats FTL if it gets calculated". Yeah no I didn't think so.

It's not like Murata actually cares enough to draw the fights in a certain way, so that the feats can get calculated at a certain speed, because he thinks that a character is capable of moving at that speed.

@Mxy

Just because they didn't use their full power doesn't mean that gives them a free pass.

All it does is afford the the Likely Higher rating that's on their page nothing more.

By your logic "Saitama wasn't going full power" I could upgrade multiple verse.

You can't say he was moving that fast but the artist didn't draw him like that. Unless he has a legit feat, we can't assume he was or wasn't.

@LordGriffin

Exactly. While we shouldn't assume that Boros was going faster than light, we also shouldn't assume he wasn't automatically, since there's nothing that suggests he can't move at that speed. Which means that it is indeed possible that he was moving faster than light, but once again, I'm not saying that he 100% was. I'm just saying that the Boros fight doesn't debunk Flash being FTL at all.

@Mxy

The fact that there are no feats that high from people stronger than him debunks this statement. It doesn't matter if they haven't shown their true speed yet, that only affords characters At least or Likely Higher.

We need a feat or something more concrete.

Okay then explain to me this. Why on earth would ONE include the line "and faster than light itself" if ONE doesn't believe Flash is faster than light? Do you seriously think that ONE thought to himself "yeah I'm gonna write that Flash is faster than light in the manga, but really he's not".

Do you seriously think that ONE would disagree with me if I said that Flashy Flash is faster than light, even though he literally said that Flash is faster than light? Why would he include that statement if it's not true? You guys need to take official statements from authors more seriously. If an author decides that a character he created is faster than light, than it's true. Your own head canon is nothing to official statements from authors.

Flash should at least have "possibly FTL" in his profile.

Just because ONE said it doesn't mean its true, many other authors call their characters Omnipotent, does that make them automatically tier 0? He needs to show the feat to be viable

LightinAnt said:
Just because ONE said it doesn't mean its true, many other authors call their characters Omnipotent, does that make them automatically tier 0? He needs to show the feat to be viable
That's a horrible comparison. There are many different definitions of "omnipotent", and most authors think of a completely different meaning when they say "omnipotent", instead of going by this wiki's definition of "omnipotent".

However, the phrase "faster than light" has just one meaning, because it's a very simple phrase. Everyone has the same definition of "faster than light".

No there is no other meaning to Omnipotent, it literally means "All powerful" i.e the character is literally unbeatable, Super Buu is Tier 0 confirmed?. Flashy Flash is not FTL unless a feat is present, its just fancy wording as a title image.

LightinAnt said:
No there is no other meaning to Omnipotent, it literally means "All powerful" i.e the character is literally unbeatable, Super Buu is Tier 0 confirmed?. Flashy Flash is not FTL unless a feat is present, its just fancy wording as a title image.
Wrong again. There is only one "official" definition of "omnipotent", but people tend to have their own incorrect ideas about what "omnipotence" is. Many authors don't actually know the official definition, so when they say that a character is "omnipotent", they're almost always just trying to say that the character is just "very powerful and tough", and obviously they're not actually trying to say that the character is some TOAA type entity. This is just common sense. These authors are clearly just implying that the character is very strong, but definitely not a godlike being that can do absolutely anything, which is what TOAA and Kami Tenchi are.

However, when ONE said that Flash is "faster than light", he clearly meant that Flash can move at a speed that surpasses 299 792 458 m/s. There's absolutely no other way to comprehend this phrase.

Mxy5 said:
LightinAnt said:
Wrong again. There is only one "official" definition of "omnipotent", but people tend to have their own incorrect ideas about what "omnipotence" is. Many authors don't actually know the official definition, so when they say that a character is "omnipotent", they're almost always just trying to say that the character is just "very powerful and tough", and obviously they're not actually trying to say that the character is some TOAA type entity. This is just common sense. These authors are clearly just implying that the character is very strong, but definitely not a godlike being that can do absolutely anything, which is what TOAA and Kami Tenchi are.
However, when ONE said that Flash is "faster than light", he clearly meant that Flash can move at a speed that surpasses 299 792 458 m/s. There's absolutely no other way to comprehend this phrase.
First of all authors do use "omnipotence" at its literal meaning, like Haruhi Suzumiya, which does not make them omnipotent unless they show it like the FTL you claim he has without feats to back it up

Secondly there are no statements in-universe to back this up either, so its just fancy talk in the end

It doesn't matter what this statement says. Nothing backs this up other than assuming things. Unless you have something that backs up Flashy Flash being FTL besides this statement this won't be accepted plane and simple.

Do you have anything else?.

So why the hell is Super Perfect Cell solar system level? He doesn't actually have any 4-B feats, and it was just a couple statements right? And yet the entire Buu saga is 4-B because of this one statement. Yeah double standards much?

Calculate any of the Buu saga character's feats, and I guarantee that none of them are even close to 4-B. Vegito and Buu are millions of times stronger than Cell, and they don't have any 4-B feats, now do they? So does that disprove Cell being 4-B? Care to explain?

You guys said that Flash can't be FTL despite ONE saying he is, because stronger characters like Boros and Saitama never showed FTL feats.

Well I guess Cell can't be 4-B despite Toriyama saying he is, because stronger characters like Vegito and Buu never showed 4-B feats.

He has multiple statements in guides and an in-universe statement to back this up, also while non-canon he literally does a 4-B feat in one of the Video games.

Flashy Flash literally only has one title statement which can be attributed to fancy wording

LightinAnt said:
First of all authors do use "omnipotence" at its literal meaning, like Haruhi Suzumiya, which does not make them omnipotent unless they show it like the FTL you claim he has without feats to back it up

Secondly there are no statements in-universe to back this up either, so its just fancy talk in the end
Haruhi and other characters aren't tier 0 despite the author saying she is, because there are things that absolutely debunk her being tier 0, but Flashy Flash not being FTL isn't debunked by anything.

It is debunked by there not being a FTL feat or multiple statements both in-universe and guides to confirm any of this. Also is debunked by the scaling since Saitama has never shown or was stated to have FTL speeds when he is superior to Flashy Flash

LightinAnt said:
He has multiple statements in guides and an in-universe statement to back this up, also while non-canon he literally does a 4-B feat in one of the Video games.
Flashy Flash literally only has one title statement which can be attributed to fancy wording
Why are you bringing up a video game feat? Video game feats are as canon as me drawing Flash destroying the universe. Oh I guess Flash has a universe level feat now? You literally said yourself that the feat is non canon so why are you bringing it up.

It doesn't matter that Cell has an in universe statement, you guys literally said that statements are nothing when there are no feats to back it up.

Cell has no canon 4-B feat.

"Also is debunked by the scaling since Saitama has never shown or was stated to have FTL speeds when he is superior to Flashy Flash" -LightinAnt

It is also debunked by the scaling since Vegito has never shown or was stated to have 4-B AP when he is superior to Cell. See? I can do it too.

Enough with the double standards. Why is Cell 4-B when all he has is statements and no feats, but Flash can't be FTL because all he has is a statement and no feats?

There are no double standards, DB stuff like Infinite Speed, Infinite Universes, Super Saiyan multipliers don't get accepted either without evidence. Again Cell has multiple statements to confirms his 4-B feat, both in universe and in guides, Flashy Flash has none but just 1 title image which like i said for the third time can be attributed to fancy wording since it never gets mentioned again

Also you're going way offtopic, this was about the FTL , which like i said again you can't bring in through just 1 image without things backing it up

LightinAnt said:
There are no double standards, DB stuff like Infinite Speed, Infinite Universes, Super Saiyan multipliers don't get accepted either without evidence. Again Cell has multiple statements to confirms his 4-B feat, both in universe and in guides, Flashy Flash has none but just 1 title image which like i said for the third time can be attributed to fancy wording since it never gets mentioned again
That is absolutely a double standard. Stop denying it.

DB stuff like Infinite Speed, Infinite Universes, etc don't get accepted because they were never even apart of the canon materials. I'm pretty sure the "infinite universes" and "infinite speed" statements are only in the video games and stuff, which are as canon as my dog's shit.

You keep saying "title image" as if it's less reliable than an in universe statement, but really they're both equally reliable, since both of these statements are from the official mangakas. Flash's FTL statement was in the canon manga, so it's just as reliable as an in universe statement.

ONE said that Flashy Flash is faster than light, how is that even fancy wording?

Cell's Solar System statement was only mentioned once in the entire manga, and the other statements are from databooks, which aren't even reliable since they're not even written by Toriyama iirc.

"Faster than light" isn't fancy wording lmao, it's just ONE confirming that Flash is that fast.

Guides are accepted since most of them were approved by Toei staff or Toriyama, also Toriyama's WOG cannot always be taken seriously since he implied SS was only 10x.

Again you trying to derail the topic onto a different franchise, unless the FTL is confirmed in guides or in-universe statements or feats it can't be accepted simple as that

also "countless momentary flasher", Flashy Flash infinite AP?

We should at least wait until the manga gets to Flashy's centisecond feat before making any changes on that.

Back