• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Oh the fanboys are really going to rage at this, but whatever, I think these profiles are wanked

Alright, our "proof" for Planet level OPM, a databook that contradicts the primary canon by saying Boros is a planet buster, Murata said Saitama could destroy earth, and Saitama saying he's going to destroy the earth out of anger

Boros died to a High 6-A attack and only claimed to be a Surface Buster, doesn't really sound like he should be 5-B

Saitama scales to being above Boros, but Boros is really only High 6-A via feats and statements, as well as a statement from Murata and him saying (because he was angry) that he was going to destroy earth, I'm saying he couldn't be a planet buster, I'm only saying he's never shown the power, but he HAS shown High 6-A power, which should really only be "At least High 6-A, possibly/likely higher" and if people want to scale Saitama for possibly being 5-B, I suppose Goku could eventually show 2-C levels of power, so I guess we should just bump him there now.....because that makes total sense to bump someone just because they could eventually show that level of power

Garou just scales to fighting Saitama, who may I remind you hasn't shown Planet level AP

There is more canon evidence for High 6-A than there is for 5-B, one angry statement vs one serious statement and a calc

Come off a little agressive there bud, as for this issue just gonna watch it play out, ppl defending the stats will bring up the anime saying boros would destroy the planet in addition to those databooks. Manga says surface, anime says planet, webcomic only says saitama.

2 calcs actually. The moon jump and the cloud spitting are both High 6-A. And I agree with the downgrades. The main series always takes precedence.

Three calcs.

Moon Jump is 6-A. Boros' feat at face value is High 6-A, about 40 times stronger than Moon Jump. And Saitama's feat is about 5 times stronger (Granted, those are shockwaves, Boros took the blunt of the damage).

garou scales to boros cuz ONE said that boros and garou are equal. he actually said that garou is slightly superior to boros.

murata said saitama is a planet buster and saitama says he could destroy earth. saitama effortlessly beats a character who is possibly 5-B. therefore 5-B saitama is fine

boros isnt 5-B. hes POSSIBLY 5-B, which is fine cuz we have TWO databooks that states that boros is a planet buster, and one manga statement saying hes a surface buster. we went with the surface buster one cuz like you said, the main series always takes precedence.

theres no problem with the OPM profiles dude

what doesnt support the guidebook saying that boros is planet level? theres nothing that contradicts 5-B boros. and you guys seriously need to stop ignoring guidebooks. that seriously takes away the legitimacy of this websites ratings

Since this is a popular series, perhaps we should temporarily highlight this thread?

The Webcomic and Manga say surface wiping. Anime and the anime databook say planet busting (though the anime DB was mistranslated to Star Busting apparently). The manga databook does say that the CSRC can destroy a planet, but the word can just mean figuratively destroy.

Anyways two statements supporting surface wiping from webcomic and manga, three supporting planet busting from the Anime and two databooks. So I consider the "6A to 5B" thing an agreeable middle ground, even of I would prefer just the 6A rating for Boros.

> Garou just scales to fighting Saitama, who may I remind you hasn't shown Planet level AP

Garo also scales because of a ONE statement that said he would be a good match for Boros, which implies they're within the same power range.

@JSW

You could have taken a less standoffish tone with this one.

I'm not a particular fan of this series, but I don't think Planet-level Saitama is out of the question (not that it has done any favors for his match record).

It's probably best to contact Ryukama, given that he tends to know quite a bit about the series from what I've seen. I'll leave a message on his wall.

I Disagree , two data book + the anime suggest planet posting feats no reasons to reject\ignore them just to downgrade the characters , 6-A possibly 5-B is perfectly fine because we're taking the two statement into consider , it's not like the characters are listed straight up 5-B

IIRC author said Saitma could destroy the earth if he wants to

Primary canon (webcomic and manga) take precedence over databook and anime, and there, it was described as surface-wiping, if what the people say above is true.

ZERO7772 said:
I Disagree , two data book + the anime suggest planet posting feats no reasons to reject\ignore them just to downgrade the characters , 6-A possibly 5-B is perfectly fine because we're taking the two statement into consider , it's not like the characters are listed straight up 5-B
IIRC author said Saitma could destroy the earth if he wants to
^^ Also disagree because of these reasons.

I think boros has to show high 6-A feat but declarations/Databook/anime make it go up 5-B So I really do not know in what tier should it put it

Gemmysaur said:
Primary canon (webcomic and manga) take precedence over databook and anime, and there, it was described as surface-wiping, if what the people say above is true.
Which is why possibility is fine we're indeed taking the manga as primary canon , characters are High 6-A "possibly" 5-B

As always on the site --

Feats > Statements > Databook Statements

Right now its litterally going backwards, why now is this the exception?

They don't have 5-B feats-- only stated to be able to do so and haven't dont anything completely of that range. A lot of other characters have been in the same place -- doing something close but not exactly and have been put on the lower edge.

The reason why we added the "likely 5-B" rating is due to what Boros stated in the anime; along with the guidebook which accompanied it. The reason why the anime is aknowledged as opposed to it not, is due to ONE's involvement with the anime.

"This time ONE sensei himself involved a lot in the making of OPM anime, giving their best to create the greatest anime. - Murata"

Sorry but i feel like 99% of the people hear didnt even read OPM or the character profiles. boros is ALREADY NOT 5-B. People are saying things like "boros doesnt have any 5-B feats so be shouldnt be 5-B". Thats why hes NOT 5-B. Hes high 6-A.

Since the main source (manga and webcomic) states hes a surface buster, and since he has a high 6-A feat, hes a solid high 6-A. The "possibly 5-B" comes from the fact that he has THREE different (but still official) sources that says hes planet level. We cant just ignore what three official sources say. So the "possibly 5-B" should stay.

I think that AMM seems to make sense.

Again like i said and many others , the characters are NOT 5-B they are listed as High 6-A if they were said in the anime to be Plant buster they will be straight up 5-B but they are not HOWEVER they still have 3 official source says the top tiers are plant busters hence the "possibly"

We are just acknowledge the possibility

AMM is making fair point

why did we even upgrade opm verse to 5-B via Guidebooks

while others verse does not get upgrade via Guidebooks

It's because One Punch Man was viral and mainstream at the time thanks to the Anime Adaptation. By Guidebooks Madara and Temari would be 3-A.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
The reason why we added the "possibly 5-B" rating is due to what Boros stated in the anime; along with the guidebook which accompanied it. The reason why the anime is aknowledged as opposed to it not, is due to ONE's involvement with the anime.
"This time ONE sensei himself involved a lot in the making of OPM anime, giving their best to create the greatest anime. - Murata"
Basically this. We have the anime's statement, a guidebook statement, another guidebook's statement, WoG statement and the webcomic's statement all saying the exact same thing.

I feel it would be a little bit unfair to ignore all of this for his profile. Yes there's the main canon statemement and feat, which is why I'm fine with "At least High 6-A," but also think 5-B should be considered as well.

We must acknowledge the possibility when it contradicts primary canon?

Does Murata's statement even count as WoG, wouldn't it be a WoG statement if ONE said so?

Why are we accepting a databook here but we always disagree with other databooks, such as FTL Naruto, why is this a special case?

And the anime saying so just contradicts primary canon

Basically this. We have the anime's statement, a guidebook statement, another guidebook's statement, WoG statement and the webcomic's statement all saying the exact same thing.

I feel it would be a little bit unfair to ignore all of this for his profile. Yes there's the main canon statemement and feat, which is why I'm fine with "At least High 6-A," but also think 5-B should be considered as well.

At least High 6-A possibly 5-B

How does this sound?

We must acknowledge the possibility when it contradicts primary canon?
When literally everything else besides the primary canon, including the authors, and a possible statement in main canon say the same thing, I think it's at the very least fair to use it as a possibility.

Does Murata's statement even count as WoG, wouldn't it be a WoG statement if ONE said so?

Murata has highly extensive input on the series, adds many story elements on his own later on (most OPM feats were added by him) and he has knowledge from ONE on how future stories are going to turn out. I think he has WoG input.

Why are we accepting a databook here but we always disagree with other databooks, such as FTL Naruto, why is this a special case?
We used the Asura guidebooks to help with downgrades. And the Mario guidebook to help with upgrades. Databooks are disagreed with when either nothing at all supports it or the statements are highly hyperbolic like 3-A Temari. Without the OPM guidebooks, we still have all the other stuff.

And the anime saying so just contradicts primary cano
The original authors still have input on the anime, write the guidebooks and have stated the exact same thing on their own. I don't think this is quite a case where it's fair to ignore everything but what the manga said.

Then I personally think everything is fine then imho, unless contradicted otherwise by canon.

Dark649 said:
It's because One Punch Man was viral and mainstream at the time thanks to the Anime Adaptation. By Guidebooks Madara and Temari would be 3-A.
misTranslation

right translation is

Heading: Everything blown away by an extreme whirlwind!

Away from databooks or translations, suppose that Boros is certainly only capable of destroying the surface of the planet with all that entails, before suggesting a downgrade to OPM should not it be quantified first what level of power would be needed for that feat? So if we have an idea of the real power of Boros if it were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back