• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, we have threads proposing 4-C OPM and a thread proposing High-6A OPM.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
@Magi, they're talking about the attempts to upgrade Boros to 4-C
Ik, I quote it because there's other threads that shouldn't be still here due to it being a banned topic. Well, it's probably because they accidently don't realize what the mistranslation looks like.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Garou just scales to fighting Saitama, who may I remind you hasn't shown Planet level AP

Garou scales off Boros and Saitama. In my opinion, it's fine as is. Boros and Garou aren't exactly 5-B, they're listed as "likely 5-B" which is different from being 5-B.

I am not a huge fan of opm (or wanker as some would pefer) but a recent bluray relese of season one has a guidebook that states 3rd form boros is star level and if we high ball it and say opm use 1% of all power (which is dumb I know) then he can theoradiclly be large star level. but this is only one statement by the anime bluray guidebook and I only use the high ball becuase other people from the DB community use that calc... not sure if this is gonna change anything but hey what do I know :p

We already know of the star level guide and it is a banned topic. Also that is speculation to say he was using 1 precent saying he used 1 precent is the equivalent of saying he could've used .000000000001 precent or 6 precent for all we know. Speculation is something that shouldn't be in vs debating

"Murata said so" technically just a WoG statement

"ONE had it put in the anime" and? Still shouldn't take precedence over the manga (considering the calcs were from the manga)

"They had it put into a databook" which means it's as credible as a WoG statement

"Super casual Saitama could easily be Planet level because he's always super casual" then we'll upgrade him to Planet level when he shows it

You act like WoG statements and guidebooks are completely unusable. They aren't and can be applied as supplementary at times.

Maybe these things on their own wouldn't be too usuable. But when you have the writers including the exact same statement in the anime they work on, the exact same statement in the guidebook they wrote, the exact same statement on another guidebook they worked on, say the exact same statement on their own and possibly the exact same statement in main canon, it should be fair to at least have that in as a possibility.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Saitama

I don't like the fact how he's listed as "At least 5-B" nor likely for Boros. I don't mind considering it, but if we do I would prefer it to be Possibly. We don't know if Saitama is stronger than 5-B, at least makes no sense. Boros was not even that close to Saitama so likely doesn't work for me.

@JSW Again, you're acting like everything that's not the manga is completely and utterly usuable. When that isn't the case. Especially here, when the authors are heavily involved in all of the other instances of these statements. Along with the sheer frequency and consistency they appear in. I wouldn't want Saitama or Boros to be 5-B for this. Just to have the possibility listed.

@Blue I agree with you.

primary canon manga feats > WoG statements and guidebooks and anime

we cannot make an exception only for OPM

otherwise we have to accept every tier upgrad via guidebooks for all verse

That slippery slope argument doesn't work. Nor does this black and white mindset. Guidebooks aren't these condemed, blasphemous books that defile the holy feat. We analyze their usability on a case by case basis. It's not that we either discard all guidebook statements or accept all.

Mario got upgraded and Asura downgraded with the supplementary help of guidebooks. Temari didn't become 3-A since then, nor will she ever if this is still accepted.

When numerous sources made by the original creators all point to the exact same thing, it is fair to at least make that a "possibly ___".

@Ryukama

Yes. That is very much true.

However, we do sometimes factor context in with guidebooks, for instance, with feats that are unclear or statements that are odd. Can't recall an incident in particular, but I wanted to bring this up in support of your stance.

Alright, but should Saitama have High 6-A on his profile, since he's the one with a calced High 6-A feat?

Like Blue, I don't like straight up or "likely" 5-B. I'm good with him going back to "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B."

Okay I made a mess up with the name of the character. My point stays exactly the same regardless.

I'm with Ryu on this, guidebooks aren't inherently a problem (hell, we based 90% of our Digimon profiles on reference books and guidebooks for the longest time), they're only a problem when their claims are vastly different than their source material. I agree with "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B".

Side note, the Temari thing is dumb imo. The way the "blows the entire universe away" is written in the context sounds much more like the "striking awe and wonder into people" definition of "blowing [it] away", I don't like how people use the literal and obviously exaggerated definition of it but I digress.

Manga stated the Earth would be destroyed. Murata said Saitama is a planet buster. Databook explains the potency of the attack. Serious punch is logically at least planet level considering we have what murata said.

Dark649 said:
It's because One Punch Man was viral and mainstream at the time thanks to the Anime Adaptation. By Guidebooks Madara and Temari would be 3-A.
thats not why saitama is 5-B. i honestly have no idea where you got that.

saitama is 5-B because murata said saitama can bust the earth. and saitama also said that he could destroy earth in the webcomic. not because opm is viral or whatever...

and can people STOP mentioning that temari databook thing? that was a MISTRANSLATION.

In the manga Genos is talking to Saitama about him stopping the earth from getting destroyed. Right after the Boros fight

The OPM wanking needs to end-- No exception to any series on the site with statement/guidebook additions. Possibly Higher is more liable when there's a feat backing it up and concreate canon evidence -- not statements made on a whim or used to hype up characters.

If we really took statements and guidebooks we'd have profiles looking like this:

"JoMan Ko - 9A Possibly 1C via statement of "smacking X person out of the universe" "

ZapZaz7 said:
I am not a huge fan of opm (or wanker as some would pefer) but a recent bluray relese of season one has a guidebook that states 3rd form boros is star level and if we high ball it and say opm use 1% of all power (which is dumb I know) then he can theoradiclly be large star level. but this is only one statement by the anime bluray guidebook and I only use the high ball becuase other people from the DB community use that calc... not sure if this is gonna change anything but hey what do I know :p
we literally had like 15 billion threads on this bruh... its apparently a mistranslation so no. this is a banned topic btw so you should stay away from this

Omimi said:
primary canon manga feats > WoG statements and guidebooks and anime
we cannot make an exception only for OPM

otherwise we have to accept every tier upgrad via guidebooks for all verse
what about cell? cell is 4-B because of statements and guidebooks. but his feats are NOWHERE NEAR solar system level. in fact, his feats arent even close to planet level. yet hes still 4-B? whats up with that?

Freiza is like a 10X away from SS level.

Every single form of media says Cell is a solar system buster.

The gap between Star and planet are massive and there is a single guide book thats states hes star level with every other source contradicting it, not to mention there is 50% chance it actually meant planet instead of star.

RadicalMrR said:
Every single form of media says Cell is a solar system buster.

The gap between Star and planet are massive and there is a single guide book thats states hes star level with every other source contradicting it, not to mention there is 50% chance it actually meant planet instead of star.
are you talking to me? i never said that boros should be star level. all im saying is that cell has ZERO 4-B feats.

frieza is NOT 10x away from solar system level.

the gap between high 4-C and 4-B is MASSIVE.

yet we consider cell to be 4-B even though he has zero feats on that level? all we have is statements and guidebooks. i thought feats>guidebooks/statements.

RadicalMrR said:
Not saying I disagree with Solar System Cell, but Frieza's best feat is actually 306,558x away from SS level. And I'm pretty sure stuff like Kaioken or SSJ multipliers don't make that number much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back