• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM AP Revision discussion

The Causality said:
Dragon Large Building level is a huge downplay, we have already a 7-B/A feat from genos who can get stomped by High tier Demon level
That feat is being discussed as to whether or not it's an outlier currently

Tier list status, already at Chapter 43

Also even Beginning of Series Genos was able to devastate a City Block. No S Class or A Class top tier should be lower than that.

And that Saitama punching feat where it stops in front of Genos' face might just be reaches up to his face... might be just Genos tanking that amount of force that destroyed what's behind him since there's no way for the attack to miss and collapse what's behind him. Saitama doesn't have that kind of power.

>And that Saitama punching feat where it stops in front of Genos' face might just be reaches up to his face... might be just Genos tanking that amount of force

NO. It was not directed at Genos.

I didn't say all Dragons are Large Building, just that they likely vary between Large Building and Small City power wise. Also the meteors wasn't gonna take out multiple cities, but City-Z and its surrounding towns. However Dragons are likely MCB to Small City since even the worst Dragon we know of seems equal to or superior than Genos

Finally Genos >>> A-Class except for Sweet Mask. None of the A-Class should scale to Genos but him.

> , we have already a 7-B/A feat from genos who can get stomped by High tier Demon level

That feat from Genos is considered an outlier. He hasn't come close to replicating it since.

Maraderchik said:
>And that Saitama punching feat where it stops in front of Genos' face might just be reaches up to his face... might be just Genos tanking that amount of force

NO. It was not directed at Genos.
Actually, Genos without a doubt had to tank all that air pressure that then hit the cliff, even though Saitama weakened the punch by stopping it before it hit, Genos would still have it worse than the cliffs behind him.

Even if Saitama pulled back at the last second, it would still harm Genos. The blast doesn't magically go behind him lol.

No, the reason why they're Dragon Ranking in the first place is because they're threat to multiple cities. There is no way any single Dragon Ranker is going to be Building level.

You realize I'm talking about at the very very beginning right? That Genos? Anyway brb league game.

And other translations show otherwise on the meteor

Nah not referring to you Blah, still on the first place all we need to find out is the calc for the destruction of what happened behind Genos.

We're saying he can take the energy that was produced in that particular punch, because he was standing right in front of it. We aren't saying he should scale to Saitama in general, just that he took the same impact that the cliff face behind him did, and should thus scale to that particular held back punch.

@Blah 's first msg

Yup pretty much. Saitama may be an unknown value but what happened to the mountain behind him is a value you can calculate.

@Blah's second msg

Ahhh my b

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
@Blah 's first msg
Yup pretty much. Saitama may be an unknown value but what happened to the mountain behind him is a value you can calculate.
Dunno how you guys will calc this, it's just totally obliterated.

Genos destroying the mountain isn't being questioned. He did do that. Its just an outlier that people shouldn't scale to. Vaccine Man being Small Town to Town level seems fine to me

> Saitama may be an unknown value but what happened to the mountain behind him is a value you can calculate.

Canonically Saitama did nothing but kick up dust . The plateau busting thing is anime only. So even it was directed at Genos, the most you can say is that it was strong enough to one shot someone with 8A~ durability

> Large Building Level Dragons? Lmao, that's just dumb.

Looking at my orgingal comment I called the Dragons 8A (MCB) to Low 7B. Someone else called them Large Building and I got my tiers confused

> To be a Dragon level, you have to be a threat to MULTIPLE cities.

Being a threat to multiple cities means very little. There's only been a few creatures in OPM that can take out a city in one attack and a total of two that can destroy more than one.

> And other translations show otherwise on the meteor

Hers's the translations I have: Viz, ********** , Boon Scanltions. Personally I would take the Viz translation over the others until proven otherwise.

>Saitama feat

Guess who supervised the anime? ONE. So the anime is fairly close to the manga.

> Large Building Lvl Drags

Yeah the thread's getting big so probably why.

> Threat to multiple cities

Considering the gap of towns between cities (towns aren't just beside cities from what it looks) it's still a fairly large margin for the meteor. And situation still stands.

>Viz translation

Take em over the original?

http://************/uploads/chapters/5417/96/p_00010.jpg

Heck you can calculate a general speed for Genos since he himself says he can't escape the blast anymore.

Qawsedf234 said:
That could probably get a Building or Large Building figure.
Idk maybe it's just misunderstood, but isn't it was right after Genos who can take dragon threat?... Or what exactly do you mean by this?

> Guess who supervised the anime? ONE.

ONE allowed them to make whatever changes they wanted besides altering Saitama's character. He also was not credited once as a major role in any of the episodes.

> Considering the gap of towns between cities (towns aren't just beside cities from what it looks) it's still a fairly large margin for the meteor. And situation still stands.

The meteor is like, 200 meters long according to the databook and is composed of dense material. You can probably get the explosive power of the meteor from that

> Take em over the original?

Yeah. Considering the 4chan/anon translator made other notable mistakes in the Webcomic like getting Flashy's name wrong, getting Boros's CSRC wrong, and some other stuff.

> but isn't it was right after Genos who can take dragon threat?

Nah. Genos says he can and kills a Demon level tree monster. And I said Large Building since I think Avatar fire calcs of similar sized fireballs got those results.

Qawsedf234 said:
> but isn't it was right after Genos who can take dragon threat?
Nah. Genos says he can and kills a Demon level tree monster. And I said Large Building since I think Avatar fire calcs of similar sized fireballs got those results.
I could fight a level "dragon" with this.

Yeah that's a statement. I was talking about the fireball. If we take the statement and, I dunno Vaccine Man's feat, his rating would be imo "Possibly Town Level (said that he could take on a Dragon with his new parts)"

>ONE

And where does it say it contradicts anything? Where does it say they didn't ask ONE just in case? He said he didn't request anything. Not he had no relation to it.

>Meteor translation

Dude, the official translations are the one with crappy translation. Like Bald Cape. Garo instead of Garou. Flashy Flash instead of following the SoS thing of Lightspeed Flash. And even turning Sweet Mask into Handsome Kamen- they ruined many translations. Regardless of that the situation is the same with the meteor.

Sure you can do a calc. Or you can also get a low estimate of how far the towns and cities (since it being towns nearby still means they have to be a bit farther than the main city anyway). And fun fact, why is there any other named town or city in the place? No Osaka, or Sapporo or etc (My knowledge of Japan is nonexistence so bear with me). I'm pretty sure when Genos is talking about towns he's referring to other cities like City J, City X, etc.

It's not about the literal (crappy) translation sometimes.

It's about the message being conveyed too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he said that he has enough firepower to fight a demon somewhere around the fight with Garou, where he was curb stomped by multiple dragon level beings.

Edit: nah, this was after that arc when he got upgraded.

DragonEmperor23 said:
of the people talking about a downgrade, what exactly would be downgraded?
Genos and anybody who scales to his mountain feat. Him blasting a hole through the mountain was apparently an outlier.

Yup.

Meanwhile I'm reading through the entire series to find calcs that Genos could scale to after.

One being the destroyed/crumbled mountain right after his spar with Saitama. Then again at bare minimum Genos should be CB to MCB ish at his earlier stage due to his fight with Mosquito anyway.

Didn't he only crumble small cliffsides in his battle with saitama, and in multiple hits?

Back