• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM AP Revision discussion

> It makes more sense to nerf them instead of considering the fact that they're superior to others in speed?

Atomic Samurai's speed is mach Mach 3508.77 while the bullets are Mach 3609.33 it makes no sense for people who scale to be mach 3,600 to be blitzed and unable to dodge someone over 34,000 m/s slower than they are. Plus again they don't have any other feats near that level, while AS at least has two.

I mean... that would just mean... Atomic Samurai is just "At least faster than the (Second Value" here?

And I remember the value of the calc regarding AS to reach sub rel levels anyway since we had a lot of versions of that.

One of the calc options is that he's 0.024c. But if we keep everyone speeds that leaves the majority of the C-A class with unknown ratings. But if that's what people want fine I guess. Scaling to the meteor is better imo but I won't go against majority opinion.

We probably won't make a lot of C profiles since even B rankers are hard. Some B rankers can at least be measured while there's a common patternin A rankers that makes it easy to powerscale them.

Both that fireball and the one used on Elder probably won't get to much higher than MCB

It's accepted but was ignored since everyone scaled to BoS Genos. Now this feat can be used to scale Suiryu, Bakuzan, Goketsu, Garou, and for now Orochi.

Should peak human Garou scale to Suiryu? They both won their tournaments pretty easily, and iirc Suiryu had thought they would be comparable/had wanted to fight Garou

Apparently someone calced the Shockwave feat at large town leve. I'll try find it.

2 chapters away from being all caught up with the manga, expect a blog post soon but I got 3 days of work up ahead...

Also that calc's pretty nice.

So anyways for Genos: He has a calc that put him at 8-A or Low 7-C and another possible calc (hasn't been accepted yet) that puts him at High 7-C, Beefcake with his 270 meter height has a High 7-C or 7-B level feat, Rover has a 8-B feat, Suiryu/Choze have a High 7-C feat, and Vaccine Man has a 7-C feat.

With that I say that everyone currently scaled to BoS Genos should be 8-A, Low 7-C or High 7-C. The upper tiers currently rated 7-A should be High 7-C or Low 7-B assuming they're

• At least 6.7x better than BoS Genos and the revised Mountain calc is accepted. If the revised Mountain Calc is not accepted and agreeded upon as the standard benchmark, then no reasonable scale would place any of them at Low 7-B from Genos
  • At least least 9.76x Suiryu and Choze (which is a very large stretch for anyone not GS or Orochi imo)
Tornado, Saitama, Boros, and Awakened Garou stay the same. Depending on opinion Beefcake may also keep his 7-B rating but have his justification changed.

Speed wise assuming we're keeping the MHS+ speed (which I disagree with) there's not real change besides maybe a Atomic Samurai bump and changing the scaling reasoning for everyone (instead of scaling from AS they would scale from the Bullets). If we aren't keeping it everyone besides Saitama, Boros, Awakened Garou, Tornado, Flashy Flash, Atomic Samurai, and maybe GS are downgraded to High Hypersonic+ from scaling to the meteor.

I believe that's all of the suggested changes summed up. Well besides Bang's missing lifting strength.

Creating a blog post about OPM's power level now with a new style of scaling.

Also reason why I want to ask if people want different keys for OPM Manga and webcomic is because there's contradictions between em like Garou defeating a Dragon Class earlier and him beating 1 Demon Class in a 1v3 situation

@wasfd

Seems like a good spot for Low tier S class and Demon ranks. Townish and all

Thing is BoS Genos is so outdated that it actually becomes a multiplier scaling issue now. That said why 6.7? And why the specific numbers?

Edit - Not against it, I'm just wondering.

Ah its simple. The current system for 7A is this: Bang is vastly superior to dragons who are vastly superior to Genos who's superior to his BoS self. The gap between Genos's 7-B mountain feat and bare minimum 7-A is 7x.

So using a similar method I took the bare minimum number for Low 7-B (4.184e15 joules) and divided it by the revised Mountain Calc number and Suiryu's number. The 6.7x and 9.76x is the result from the division. However, like I said above, if the revised calc is dismissed they must be regulated to Low 7-C to High 7-C, since scaling them to another tier from Suiryu is iffy at best.

Finally as for canon, I believe the wiki uses the following scale: Collected Manga Version > Most Recent Manga update > Webcomic version. So if something contradicts the manga takes precedence. I believe at least.

Hmm seems fair on all of those. Unsure what the others think but I'm fine with that.

Well in that case I'll focus simply on manga for now, I got some copies too that I brought eariler. Apparently Suiryu pulverized a semi truck with one of his moves. Anyway back to blog posting.

Well he doesn't pulverize one, just says he can. Also in the collected manga Suiryu's bicep stops a horn charge from Choze

Nope. He said he could. Exactly said "But I could smash a semi with that!"

And yup. Pure muscle. Still, the energy beam to the sky feat was much more impressive.

Yeah. If you want another translation, in Japanese he says "ÕñºÕ×ïÒâêÒâ®ÒââÒé»Òééþ▓ëþáòÒüÖÒéïÒéôÒüáÒüæÒü®Òü¬". The important part is "þ▓ëþáò" which means pulverize or demolish.

Even low end B-Classes have shown more impressive feats than destroying a truck. Doesn't seem too relevant for Suiryu.

Yup, thus I say -

>And yup. Pure muscle. Still, the energy beam to the sky feat was much more impressive. Edit - Energy ball, not beam

On the other hand I'm looking over some stuff, some speed feats for some A ranks are iffy. Might have to nerf em. And I read abou Death Gattling being unknown due to Garou's words. Not sure how much of what he said is true considering that he specializes in taunting but he does have some truthful monologues like comparing Genos to Tanktop Master.

Back