• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch man vs Dragon Ball (2/7/1)

I mean why would Rochi go straight to Mafuba? He literally beats Boros in melee.
It wouldn’t take him long to realize he has regeneration and assuming he gives him the same pep talk as Saitama, he’d know this guy is no different than King Piccolo, and we know how he treats threats on that level.

Saitama up to this point has resisted everything Boros has released, even destroying his arm. Boros knew Saitama was gonna survive and the moment the attack went off he was on that and immediately traveled to Saitama.
What does him survive punches have to do with surviving a superheated energy blast?

What does him survive punches have to do with surviving a superheated energy blast?
Just because we treat those values subjectively varying when it comes to physical strength vs temperature doesn’t mean they’re viewed the same in the eyes of authors. There’s many examples of this being shown, people being strong=can resist physical anomalies, it’s rarely shown in this verse, or any in this case, to be a mutually exclusive resistant among certain people. He even tells Saitama he’s exciting and fun to fight and immediately try an attack that would possibly kill him? Narratively that makes no sense. He knew Saitama would survive and immediately after this attack he charged in for an attack, he KNEW Saitama would survive.

Meteoric Burst is an interesting wincon here, since it lets Boros get around the skill difference by blitzing and maybe land a BFR. Roshi's skillstomping should let him toy with Boros heavily in his released form, however. Guess it depends on how much Roshi would test him before sealing.

Anyway, I've heard that Mafuba only works on pure evil beings... This is true? (I have no way of looking at profiles right now...)

As far as I know Blitz is a wincon as long as the opponent has a way to win before the Blitz, I mean Rochi can win before the Blitz happens...

Of course Mafuba sealed Master Rochi 's turtle, she is literally the source of all evil in Dragon Ball

Roshi literally has to lift his hand and the effect takes place, lol. Boros knowing about it doesn't automatically negate Roshi's ability to use it. As long as he has his superior skill and AP all he has to do is lift his hands and Boros falls asleep.
He has to move them for a short time to activate it, boros can just keep the offensive to stop him from raising his arms

Boros, in character shoots directly at his enemies and has never showcased a level of strategics when fighting enemies.
if he miss roshi he will hit the ground will he not?

Even if I agree that he'll do this, it wouldn't work anyways. The only reason this attack dispersed the way it did against Saitama was because it hit an impenetrable wall, forcing it to do nothing but traverse around it, causing it to disperse. If he tries to shoot at the ground he'll just shoot directly through it.
It hitted saitama and then exploded, same things will happen if it hits the ground

Without a proper multiplier we can't say how much faster it is. Roshi's superior skill would allow him to fight against someone faster than him anyways.
He junps to ftl with it

As far as I know Blitz is a wincon as long as the opponent has a way to win before the Blitz, I mean Rochi can win before the Blitz happens...
True, but considering the many chances Roshi has to win I think it’s fair to say Roshi can win before he decides to ramp it up, and it’s not that he transforms because he’s currently not winning or being overpowered, he transformed because Saitama started talking shit and calling him weak. While Roshi jokes and laugh, a threat like Boros would be taken serious.
He’ll likely hit him with some afterimages and a sleepy technique+ seal.

This seems to be a stomp, though this largely depends on who gets who first and whether Roshi can use his Max Power Kamehameha.

Just to be clear, Roshi is stronger in Max Form, but he does have a time limit for this form and leaves him mostly unable to move around, and his Kamehameha can only be used once before it reverts him back to normal, at which point it becomes a Stomp for Boros since Roshi goes back to being High 8C who just exhausted himself. The way that I see the fight going, Roshi will probably start in baseline and then will have only one shot to transform and get the win.

In regards to skills though, Roshi absolutely skillstomps. Aside from being more experienced, Roshi has many techniques that can help to disorient Boros and even help get the jump on him to use his full power, mainly his Afterimages, pressure point strikes, and the ability to shrink at will with Bulma's Microband. There's also the Mafuba technique, but at this point in the story this would kill Roshi by using it, so aside from him being able to sense that Boros at his peak is lower than that of Piccolo (who is 5C), Roshi would likely try and just blast him instead. Roshi would also be smart enough to be careful when using his Max Power form so he wouldn't just waste it by being hasty.

This is extremely close due to the above factor with the Max Power form, but I think Roshi takes this.

He has to move them for a short time to activate it, boros can just keep the offensive to stop him from raising his arms
No he doesn’t, he does this against Goku but it isn’t a requirement, we see directly when this attack takes place, a sharp like structure appears the moment he strikes his hands and then the effect takes place, his hand movements isn’t what puts them to sleep.
if he miss roshi he will hit the ground will he not?
The attack will just melt through the ground, and it’s not like it would expand omnidirectionally, we see against Saitama that it disperses in the direction it’s fired.
It hitted saitama and then exploded, same things will happen if it hits the ground
It dispersed against Saitama because he’s an impenetrable wall. If it hits the ground it’ll just melt right through until it runs out of energy.
He jumps to ftl with it
That FTL speed is only possibly, do we use those in battles? Im new to this.

The highest end is typically assumed, even if under a "possibly" moniker. Tho ends with "possibly" attached can be restricted if the OP clarifies such
Alright, though for my many reasons listed above and Boros’ overall conflicting character, I do think Roshi would seal him before he powers up, even with his prep.

P.S. in all of Roshi’s matches he has had access to sealing despite not having it listed in his equipment.

No he doesn’t, he does this against Goku but it isn’t a requirement, we see directly when this attack takes place, a sharp like structure appears the moment he strikes his hands and then the effect takes place, his hand movements isn’t what puts them to sleep.
I don't think that we are talking about the same thing here, could you link what you are talking about?

The attack will just melt through the ground, and it’s not like it would expand omnidirectionally, we see against Saitama that it disperses in the direction it’s fired.
Yeah, because it explode on saitama while boros was shooting foward, the attack is explosive and it would explode if it hitted the ground, since that is what it is shown to do

It dispersed against Saitama because he’s an impenetrable wall. If it hits the ground it’ll just melt right through until it runs out of energy.
Saitama being a wall matters not, it shows that the attack is explossive, when it hits the ground if will explode after a short while, that is how it is shown to work

That FTL speed is only possibly, do we use those in battles? Im new to this.
I mean i guess we do, we use the biggest value unless stated otherwise by the op

Seriously? Not sure if it has to be an equipment as it’s an ability listed on his profile, I’m sure anyone would automatically assume he can seal during battles like this.
Nope, no container to seal, no mafuba

Alright, though for my many reasons listed above and Boros’ overall conflicting character, I do think Roshi would seal him before he powers up, even with his prep.

P.S. in all of Roshi’s matches he has had access to sealing despite not having it listed in his equipment.
If it was not specified by the op, then they are wrong

What stops boros from dodging?
Pressure point strikes to immobilize him, plus use of afterimages and shrinking mircroband to help disorient Boros long enough for Roshi to get a winning blow. There's also the Mafuba, but that would kill Roshi at this point so he would likely not use it unless as a last resort.

I should also point out that Roshi is pretty smart when it comes to combat given his years of experience, and has fought foes who fight dirty as well given his reaction years later when fighting Dercori, whom he commented could possibly defeat Goku and Krillin given their reluctance to not fight fair. This is all Super stuff I know, but given that people like Beerus commented on Roshi's brilliant skill despite not being a fighter for so long since OG dragon ball, any statements made here should still apply to Roshi in OG dragon ball despite having a weaker key here.

In any case, Roshi is just simply too smart for Boros, and can likely formulate a strategy to disorient Boros long enough to power up to MAX form and fire a MAX Power Kamehameha.

Pressure point strikes to immobilize him
how often does he use this?

, plus use of afterimages and shrinking mircroband
not in his standard equipment, so not relevant here

to help disorient Boros long enough for Roshi to get a winning blow. There's also the Mafuba, but that would kill Roshi at this point so he would likely not use it unless as a last resort.
Mafuba needs a countainer to seal, which roshi does not have under his equipment

I should also point out that Roshi is pretty smart when it comes to combat given his years of experience, and has fought foes who fight dirty as well given his reaction years later when fighting Dercori, whom he commented could possibly defeat Goku and Krillin given their reluctance to not fight fair.
dunno how this matters for boros since he doesn't fight dirty at all

In any case, Roshi is just simply too smart for Boros, and can likely formulate a strategy to disorient Boros long enough to power up to MAX form and fire a MAX Power Kamehameha.
He is in max form here from the start, and a kamehameha from it will leave him tired as you said before, and even if it hits boros can just regenerate

Back