• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Tatsumaki Ability Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
In chapter 128 of One-Punch Man, Tatsumaki's telekinesis was reversed by Psykos back onto herself, resulting in severe internal bleeding caused by the telekinetic pressure.

We can see in the scan linked above that the bleeding was coming from her mouth, nose, eyes, and ears, which directly implies that internal organs were ruptured, which is again supported by Psykos stated that the pressure was increasing, with pressure injuries usually affecting those exact areas.

Tatsumaki's durability negation of this type is even further supported in chapter 178 of One-Punch Man, where Saitama notes that his muscles were twitching on their own after being exposed to Tatsumaki's telekinesis.

Here's how it would look on the profile:

References:

One-Punch Man Vol. 24 Chapter 128
One-Punch Man Vol. 28 Chapter 178

Last edited:
Tbh, that's still limited. She can just bypass external durability, but that's not outright negating it like say, EE or Transmutation or something.
It's kinda like how Garou has duraneg, but it's still only limited for his shockwave stuff because it can still be endured by just being so tough the "negation" just isn't enough.
if anything it's more like durability mitigation than flat-out negation.

Not really.

"The ability that allows users to damage the target, regardless of its durability. " - the first sentence on the page.

Tatsumaki can't do it regardless of durability, she can only mitigate it to a large extent, but she can, and literally has, been straight-up stat checked by it, if she has straight-up duraneg, someone could be tier 3, it wouldn't matter, it'd work all the same.

Of course, there's the "attacking internal organs" section, but actually look at the examples given.

"Attacking internal organs - Due to the manipulation of internal energy (or electricity), a character can directly target the internal organs, thereby ignoring the durability of the outer layers (such as leather, armor, etc.). Manipulation of threads is also included in this type, as even a single fibre, penetrated through a crack in the armor, can be fatal"

The examples actually given aren't just standard "I phase and punch you in the heart" or something, but electricity tthat leads to shit like frying organs or something like hyper-specific surface area bullshit. Not really what Tats has.
Honestly based on the latter one, you'd be better off arguing someone like Atomic or Nichi has duraneg to an extent for having ultra-precision attacks.

I don't agree with the thread, limited is fine for what she can do, but she is incapable of flat-out ignoring durability, merely bypassing it to an extent, limited is fine imo.

Not really.

"The ability that allows users to damage the target, regardless of its durability. " - the first sentence on the page.

Tatsumaki can't do it regardless of durability, she can only mitigate it to a large extent, but she can, and literally has, been straight-up stat checked by it, if she has straight-up duraneg, someone could be tier 3, it wouldn't matter, it'd work all the same.

Of course, there's the "attacking internal organs" section, but actually look at the examples given.

"Attacking internal organs - Due to the manipulation of internal energy (or electricity), a character can directly target the internal organs, thereby ignoring the durability of the outer layers (such as leather, armor, etc.). Manipulation of threads is also included in this type, as even a single fibre, penetrated through a crack in the armor, can be fatal"

The examples actually given aren't just standard "I phase and punch you in the heart" or something, but electricity tthat leads to shit like frying organs or something like hyper-specific surface area bullshit. Not really what Tats has.
Honestly based on the latter one, you'd be better off arguing someone like Atomic or Nichi has duraneg to an extent for having ultra-precision attacks.

I don't agree with the thread, limited is fine for what she can do, but she is incapable of flat-out ignoring durability, merely bypassing it to an extent, limited is fine imo.
honestly, Saitama already shown resistant organs before fighting Tatsumaki

i dont think that a character can tank her telekinesis just by having higher AP, affecting saitama who is 3+ tiers above her kinda support this

My dude.
He showed resistant organs because he's super durable, his organs are just built diff, it's not some supernatural hax resistance he's just so tough he stat checks both Garou and Tats' "duraneg", precisely because it's not flat-out duraneg but merely limited. The fact she did **** all to Saitama is the rebuttal, not the support.

My dude.
He showed resistant organs because he's super durable, his organs are just built diff, it's not some supernatural hax resistance he's just so tough he stat checks both Garou and Tats' "duraneg", precisely because it's not flat-out duraneg but merely limited. The fact she did **** all to Saitama is the rebuttal, not the support.
I meant, 90% of animes characters does not have durable organs, independently of his physical durability

theres more characters that she can affect with her limited dura than characters that she cannot affect

My dude.
tbf it’s supernatural

as i said, being physically durable rarely affect organs in fiction.

the fact that she affected a high 4-a character with resistant internals just proofs how far her duraneg can go
cant see it as an antifeat in anyway

Last edited:
one question, why “limited” if there’s this topic:

• Attacking internal organs - Due to the manipulation of internal energy (or electricity), a character can directly target the internal organs, thereby ignoring the durability of the outer layers (such as leather, armor, etc.). Manipulation of threads is also included in this type, as even a single fibre, penetrated through a crack in the armor, can be fatal.
a genuine question, a lit confused here.

tbf it’s supernatural
Only to the extent it's superhuman durability, that's it. It's not some magic hax res or anything.
as i said, being physically durable rarely affect organs in fiction.
Not an argument, ignoring the fact 99% of verses on the wiki inherently have durable organs otherwise even a 9-B punch would kil, and that's something we even accept and made fun of OPM for in particular at the time of the Garou statement for acting like Saitama is special.
Like imagine being a tier 5 and getting hit by a 9-B, you think they'd face tank it? No they'd ******* die because of vibrations and shit that would liquify their organs. Like if what you say is true, a tier 3 could hug a grenade, and they'd die because of the shockwave.

Needless to say, OPM is the odd one out in how they treat it and is just a case of ONE/Murata not understanding the implication, it isn't the standard assumption.
the fact that she affected a high 4-a character with resistant internals just proofs how far her duraneg can go
She didn't affect him, she failed to. Saitama, whose resistance is literally just "wow even his organs are tough", as stated by Garou, stat-checked Tatsumaki's "duraneg" through a sheer stat gap. Duraneg by definition is supposed to have durability be completely moot, if you can stat check her "duraneg", then it isn't full-on duraneg, it's that simple.
The feat isn't meant to convey "oh tatsumaki is so strong, she can tickle saitama", it's meant to convey "wow saitama is so far above tats that even actively trying she can't do shit".
cant see it as an antifeat in anyway
It's not an anti-feat, but it isn't a feat, it simply isn't anything to begin with beyond Saitama > Tats.
Attacking internal organs - Due to the manipulation of internal energy (or electricity), a character can directly target the internal organs, thereby ignoring the durability of the outer layers (such as leather, armor, etc.). Manipulation of threads is also included in this type, as even a single fibre, penetrated through a crack in the armor, can be fatal.
See above, and then make note of the examples given.
Something like using electricity to fry someone's heart or stop it, for example, doesn't rely on durability, you'd need electricity resistance to survive that, you could be 9-B, or 5-B, it's the same either way. The thread example I can only presume it's talking about wacky hyper-thin threads that abuse SA, given the immediate preceding paragraph and the requirement as mentioned there for duraneg is to be able to inflict damage or harm regardless of durability.

tldr, basically every dude ever above 9-B has durable organs, inherently. And tats' duraneg can be stat checked and has been stat checked, so it should only be limited because it can't ignore durability completely, only to a large extent.

Didn’t Tatsumaki also manipulate a poison capsule Fubuki ingested inside her body back out? She even made it to like a little needle thing that pierced through Fubuki.

So she can just ignore external durability entirely right?

Edit: didn’t see the text above but I also saw that in the listing for durability negation it says manipulation of thread would even classify as this so wouldn’t this still classify for Tatsumaki regardless since she manipulated that poisoned capsule into a strand smaller than a needle? So considering she could do that why wouldn’t she be able to be able to do the same against cracks in armor to negate its durability?

Last edited:
I agree, Tatsumaki can easily compress the pill inside Fubuki's body and spit it out, there's no reason to say that Tatsumaki can't do the same thing to the target's organs if his own telekinesis ability can penetrate and manipulate within areas of someone's body, it's quite logical if thought out in my opinion

Edit: didn’t see the text above but I also saw that in the listing for durability negation it says manipulation of thread would even classify as this so wouldn’t this still classify for Tatsumaki regardless since she manipulated that poisoned capsule into a strand smaller than a needle? So considering she could do that why wouldn’t she be able to be able to do the same against cracks in armor to negate its durability?
Because her TK can very, very easily compress a 10-C capsule into a hyperhin needle? Doesn't mean she can do the same to like 3-A organs. This shouldn't even have to be explained, it's completely incomparable.

Unrelated to the thread, but do we assume a character with much lower AP but higher LS could choke someone to death assuming they stay still? ( as in, 7-B with Class Z LS versus 3-A/High 3-A/Low 2-C with Class M )

Because her TK can very, very easily compress a 10-C capsule into a hyperhin needle? Doesn't mean she can do the same to like 3-A organs. This shouldn't even have to be explained, it's completely incomparable.
What the? No I’m talking about how on the durability negation page it says using thread can also be classified as this type as using even a single fiber to penetrate through the crack of armor is fatal. Tatsumaki should qualify for this considering his she manipulated a capsule into being smaller than a strand of hair

What the? No I’m talking about how on the durability negation page it says using thread can also be classified as this type as using even a single fiber to penetrate through the crack of armor is fatal. Tatsumaki should qualify for this considering his she manipulated a capsule into being smaller than a strand of hair
Yeah, armor, but do I really need to explain why getting past some hyper-durable armor and ******* the 10-B human inside isn't the same as what's really being proposed here. Or well, was being proposed but turns out Kachon is a completely sensible person.

Reminder, the very first line on the page says regardless of durability as the requirement (for a page called durability negation).
If someone's "duraneg" can't actually neg someone regardless of durability, they should only get limited, otherwise they're not even adhering to the single requirement for the ability.

Yeah, armor, but do I really need to explain why getting past some hyper-durable armor and ******* the 10-B human inside isn't the same as what's really being proposed here. Or well, was being proposed but turns out Kachon is a completely sensible person.

Reminder, the very first line on the page says regardless of durability as the requirement (for a page called durability negation).
If someone's "duraneg" can't actually neg someone regardless of durability, they should only get limited, otherwise they're not even adhering to the single requirement for the ability.
This is an incredibly confusing conversation. What you’re saying isn’t present in the explanation of the durability negation page. All it says is that if you’re able to weave through crack in armor through fibers or other such materials, you’d get this form of durability negation. So according to this explanation if Tatsumaki uses some small fibers to traverse the inside of say Dive Knights armor and attack him from the inside out, she’d get this form of durability negation. but that wouldn’t mean she’d be able to do the same to some robot that’s like 3-A. Fiber itself doesn’t have some sort of special property to it that you need resistance to or something, you just get attacked from the inside by something super small.

If you take issue with this aspect of the durability negation page that’s fine, but I was just saying under these current explanations she should probably qualify for that level of durability negation.

This is an incredibly confusing conversation. What you’re saying isn’t present in the explanation of the durability negation page. All it says is that if you’re able to weave through crack in armor through fibers or other such materials, you’d get this form of durability negation. So according to this explanation if Tatsumaki uses some small fibers to traverse the inside of say Dive Knights armor and attack him from the inside out, she’d get this form of durability negation. but that wouldn’t mean she’d be able to do the same to some robot that’s like 3-A. Fiber itself doesn’t have some sort of special property to it that you need resistance to or something, you just get attacked from the inside by something super small.
It really isn't confusing, and you completely glossed over the fact that right before the example you list off, the page makes an explicit note that for one to qualify for Durability Negation, one must be capable of inflicting damage regardless of the durability. Tats can not do that, so she should only get limited, because by pure definition her ability is limited in nature.

Not much more to say, and tbh I'd be against giving her thread manip too, she doesn't actually have that power, she's taking something and twisting it into a comparable thing, but she doesn't actually have the ability to manipulate threads at all. The fact Tatsumaki wouldn't be able to replicate it on her own and without additional items that aren't part of her standard equipment makes me say she shouldn't be treated like she has thread manip or something akin to that.

Kachon's current proposal is fine thou imo, as lng as we aren't pretending she negs durability way, way above her paygrade it's fine.

As a note, durability negation doesn't need to be something like Lille Barro's. It just needs to be able to ignore some aspect of durability for the power to be granted.

It's why Kenshiro or Neji can have durability negation, because their attacks bypass muscle durability and directly attack organs. But they still have to be able to damage the organs for the attacks to work (Kenshiro/Neji can't damage Superman for example). Tornado having limited durability negation is more because she doesn't completely bypass muscles as much as use a precession attack.

Kenshiro is a bad example given he literally doesn't give a **** how durable you are, at all, dude is cracked. Bro probably would kill Supes with a tap if given the chance especially given like a handful of issues ago Supes got neg diffed by a pressure point attack by someone quite a bit weaker than him physically.
And Neji, idk i dont do naruto but i thought it involved chakra fuckery.

Bro probably would kill Supes with a tap if given the chance especially given like a handful of issues ago Supes got neg diffed by a pressure point attack by someone quite a bit weaker than him physically.
While true, I was more talking about high end Superman who's bran is durable enough to shatter Superboy's hand when he directly punched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back