• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Garou and Saitama Graph Discussion (Cleaned and Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already covered by the "At least" portion. He was 4-A, then he became "At least 4-A" via Accelerated Development.

To include "higher with Accelered Development" is like putting "higher with training" on all of Goku's and Vegeta's keys.
But there’s a massive difference
Saitama’s AS isn’t from training, it’s a completely combat applicable and passive increase in AP that would happen during any non stomp fight. This is a ridiculous comparison.

Okay, that seems good. We don't need to needlessly drag it out.

Do 4-A | At least 4-A

And explain how the "at least" comes in the AP section. Explain all about the accelerated development.

Guys, this isn't that big of a deal.

Do 4-A | At least 4-A

And explain how the "at least" comes in the AP section. Explain all about the accelerated development.

It’s not dragging it out, it’s actually putting what’s supposed to be there in the profile
This is the most insane thing I have ever seen on here, he’s quite literally higher with AD, it’s been done on plenty of other profiles, so why be this damn petty about being wrong over something this useless
But clearly you’re just allowed to be wrong and not listen for some reason, probably because non staff input means absolutely nothing on crts

@ZillertheBucko We're not saying he doesn't become higher with Accelerated Development; it is just a matter of how it is written on the profile.

Listen, either put 4-A | At least 4-A

(here AD is the reason why he would be "at least" and it can be explained in the AP section)

or put 4-A | 4-A, higher with AD

(here you'd directly put that after 4-A, he gets stronger with AD)

In both cases, it's the same.

That technically applies to every Accelerated Development user. Would that be applied to Saitama's profile because of how extreme his case is? I'm not familiar with any profiles that have higher with Accelerated Development.
Precisely. It would be redundant to add it in.
This makes sense to me, but I still want an "At least 4-A, likely higher" key for after his power-up took place.

Do 4-A | At least 4-A

Agreed.

I would prefer this version though:

4-A (insert serious punch² feat) | At least 4-A, likely higher

Thank you for the replies. The suggestion in question almost seems to have been accepted then.

Thank you. I made a few minor adjustments if that is acceptable.

Looks fine. I think this thread can be closed.

Doesn't the change of the names for the keys kind of imply that Saitama retained the strength he gained? I don't think that we have anything definitive that would let us know what is the case here.

Well, he explicitly merged with his future counterpart, so I don't see how that would not be the case.

Well, he explicitly merged with his future counterpart, so I don't see how that would not be the case.
He also lost his memories of the parallel timeline which is why all of the abilities from the parallel timeline are in a parallel timeline tab. I guess him fusing with his future counterpart is a fair point but we don't know much beyond that as far as I'm aware.

so I don't see how that would not be the case.
Currently its a bit of an unknown if we're scaling Saitama to his parallel timeline self. If we are then we should still probably change "Pre-Awakened Garou Fight" to "Post-Training" or something akin to that.

The old wording for the key was probably better, since most people seem to not consider the current Saitama to be capable of performing those later Garou fight feats.

Currently its a bit of an unknown if we're scaling Saitama to his parallel timeline self. If we are then we should still probably change "Pre-Awakened Garou Fight" to "Post-Training" or something akin to that.
Post-Training is a bit unspecific though. Also, given that future Saitama is half of present Saitama, I think that his memories and new abilities will resurface eventually.

The old wording for the key was probably better, since most people seem to not consider the current Saitama to be capable of performing those later Garou fight feats.
Well, maybe we could use a more neutral naming procedure for the keys, that does not assume that Saitama either retained or lost his increased power level then? If somebody here has any good suggestion that is.

We can undo the key name change that I made if I am outvoted by other staff members here though.

"Peak During Garou Fight"? That's the only idea I have, but it's not great.

Post-Training is a bit unspecific though. Also, given that future Saitama is half of present Saitama, I think that his memories and new abilities will resurface eventually.
That's speculative for now and for all we know Saitama might have gotten new abilities on top of that when that happens. We also don't know when exactly that would happen.

"Peak During Garou Fight"? That's the only idea I have, but it's not great.
In that case I personally think that "Before the Garou fight" and "At his peak during the Garou fight" seem better.

That's speculative for now and for all we know Saitama might have gotten new abilities on top of that when that happens. We also don't know when exactly that would happen.
I suppose that those are valid points.

Would the suggested titles in my last preceding post in this thread be acceptable?

Yes, we don't have any proof that current Saitama is the same as his self before the time travel given he lost his memories. It's best to keep that version as a separate key until further information. "At his peak during the Garou fight" doesn't really give the indication that he lost those powers. We need something clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back