• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yes, it is the Power Graph chart calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should this calc been accepted in regard to multiplers and exponential growth?

Edit: Tally updated again.

Disagree with the calc’s multiplers specifically: @DontTalkDT, @Andytrenom,
@Jasonsith,

Agree with it: @KLOL506, @Ultima_Reality, @Phoenks, @Antvasima

Neutral: @Qawsedf234 (Say he is neutral, but is fine with the calc being used) @Maverick_Zero_X

Unclear: @CrimsonStarFallen (Did agree with specific points made by regular members, but also didn’t elaborate if they agree with the calc or not due to confusing stances between regular members)
@Damage3245 (Didn’t elaborate if he agree with it or not due to one of the more recent reply)

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to mention that the calc should be using the 1.11e+65 value, not the 5.58e+64 value, as the former is what they scale to.

This would double the results.

Going to mention that the calc should be using the 1.11e+65 value, not the 5.58e+64 value, as the former is what they scale to.

This would double the results.
Gonna need some calc folks. Let me At least inform one of them on their wall as as I am sticking to getting my ban reapplied after all the topics being addressed.

4 weeks will do as I am still want to focus on my part time job.

Gonna need some calc folks. Let me At least inform one of them on their wall as as I am sticking to getting my ban reapplied after all the topics being addressed.

4 weeks will do as I am still want to focus on my part time job.
Meh, anyone could do the math.

• True Measurement Garou = 1.1178994e+65 Joules * 18.1904761 = 2.033512231790434e+66 Joules (3-C)
  • Scaled Line Garou = 1.1178994e+65 Joules * 18.571428571 = 2.07609888566637574e+66 Joules (3-C)
  • True Measurement Saitama = 1.1178994e+65 Joules * 58 = 6.48381652e+66 Joules (3-C)
  • Scaled Line Saitama = 1.1178994e+65 Joules * 59.428571 = 6.64351638637574e+66 Joules (3-C)

If its accepted it could probably be listed as something like

Saitama: Galaxy level in parallel timeline (By the end his fight with garou, his strength was shown as having increased tenfolds)

Garou: Up to Galaxy level with reactive evolution (increased his power tenfolds while copying saitama)

Meh, anyone could do the math.

• True Measurement Garou = 5.589497e+64 Joules * 18.1904761 = 2.033512231790434e+66 Joules (3-C)
  • Scaled Line Garou = 5.589497e+64 Joules * 18.571428571 = 2.07609888566637574e+66 Joules (3-C)
  • True Measurement Saitama = 5.589497e+64 Joules * 58 = 6.48381652e+66 Joules (3-C)
  • Scaled Line Saitama = 5.589497e+64 Joules * 59.428571 = 6.64351638637574e+66 Joules (3-C)
Yeah, but it is technically a formal procedure since the calc does needs to being reviewed and accepted first.

Well, this being in the Calc Group Discussion should inherently get Calc Mods to come here.

@Qawsedf234 I know you aren't a calc mod, but since you made this calculation, could you review this proposal? What do you think about using this?

Maybe, but I was using the assumption that the baseline started there and then increased. Which would cover the eventually 2x increase.
What do you think about using this?
I think it's fine to use.

I agree. The no units argument is just being seemingly intentionally dense for no reason.
yeah, it requires a very basic algebra understanding to know that the units don't matter when it's a multiplier. All we need to know is that the graph starts at sp^2
and that the starting point is multiplied by 58 times

If its accepted it could probably be listed as something like

Saitama: Galaxy level in parallel timeline (By the end his fight with garou, his strength was shown as having increased tenfolds)

Garou: Up to Galaxy level with reactive evolution (increased his power tenfolds while copying saitama)
"Up to" is wrong, since that's not his upper limit, nor his lower
but it would just be the starting point for future Garou's key

In case people are being too hard on this, maybe a possible or likely rating would make it safer?

In case people are being too hard on this, maybe a possible or likely rating would make it safer?
Wouldn’t settle for anything less than a likely
the math and logic behind it is absolutely non debatable, the only possible issue is the reliability of it as essentially being a garou statement, but it’s probably just objectively true

Wouldn’t settle for anything less than a likely
the math and logic behind it is absolutely non debatable, the only possible issue is the reliability of it as essentially being a garou statement, but it’s probably just objectively true
I mean. Garou has knowledge on the flow of all energy so hes reliable. And the graph isnt drawn by garou, its moreso narration and intent soooo

well this seems relatively uncontested, and the disputes against it on the comments can be and were debunked with ease
what exactly does it take for this to be officially accepted?

Pretty sure that goes against our multiplier standards on several points.
Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else. That means, for example, that if a verse has powerlevels or statistics, the doubling of a statistic or power level should not be concluded to correspond to the power of the character doubling, unless it is clearly specified to work that way.
One should also consider which statistic a multiplier applies to. If a character just gets 10 times more powerful, then that doesn't necessarily means that all of its statistics are multiplied by 10. For example could a fiction in principle have a character become a 10 times more dangerous fighter just by increasing his combat technique, with only minor increases in stats. A more classical scenario is one where a characters strength increases by some multiplier, but its speed is untouched.

3 things
1. **** this stupid website
2. The graph effectively just falls under narration, and it is very direct, given that on top of the graph itself, it is also backed up by the narrator with a statement of "exponential growth in power". Even if you don't consider the graph a direct statement, the narrator quite directly confirms the graph as true via a statement, making it more than valid to use
3. Saitama was also shown getting faster than garou, from speed blitzing him on io to the fact that he gets tagged over and over in the scans given by the OP, so it was quite clearly intended to apply to speed as well, given that garou's ability also copies speed and his AD also makes him faster, as proved when he copies and then outmatches consecutive normal punches before saitama's AD kicked in
so these aren't really problems past the surface level look of it

I'd say that it being applied for speed would actually be completely uncontradictory too, although with less definitive evidence maybe, but we still know that his speed increases with AD and Shakkei

I'd say that it being applied for speed would actually be completely uncontradictory too, although with less definitive evidence maybe, but we still know that his speed increases with AD and Shakkei
We don't have any proof that it was talking about speed. It only referred to Saitama and Garou's "power" and "strength."

We don't have any proof that it was talking about speed. It only referred to Saitama and Garou's "power" and "strength."
although that's true, it's still shown that the speed gap was also increasing along with AP, implying possible exponential
it's not that important tho cause every garou match is automatically a speed equalized blitz match anyways
bruh-moyai.gif

Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else. That means, for example, that if a verse has powerlevels or statistics, the doubling of a statistic or power level should not be concluded to correspond to the power of the character doubling, unless it is clearly specified to work that way.
Its not really like a dragon ball power level where they have a verse specific statistic that gets multiplied by 10 but the system blatantly isnt linear in most cases. Its just that the increase in power is shown through a graph instead of words. Its still a direct statement in a way, just expressed differently.
One should also consider which statistic a multiplier applies to. If a character just gets 10 times more powerful, then that doesn't necessarily means that all of its statistics are multiplied by 10. For example could a fiction in principle have a character become a 10 times more dangerous fighter just by increasing his combat technique, with only minor increases in stats. A more classical scenario is one where a characters strength increases by some multiplier, but its speed is untouched.
Its mainly power that garou was talking about in the scene and how one of the punches would eventually kill him. Speed was being increased but its not really confirmed the graph directly references that or if it increases at the same rate.

Last edited:
I don't think speed exponential growth should be put on the profile outside of being able to turn equal into a blitz very quickly, as much as I do believe the intention of it was being exponential speed growth

Thus might be personal bias, but from my standpoint the graph more or less counts as a direct statement. It's mentioned as being exponential and more important it even notes various growth points.
One should also consider which statistic a multiplier applies to.
Imo it only applies to power. Speed was never addressed as increasing by any notable amount.

There wasn’t a direct statement about the multipliers actually. We only go off the assumption from the graph provided that did came along with Saitama getting stronger explicitly. Whatever that consider linear or not is a different story since the multipliers being used is what technically from taking that assumption on the graph shown to us in the respective chapter.

Maybe, but I was using the assumption that the baseline started there and then increased. Which would cover the eventually 2x increase.

I think it's fine to use.
The 1.11e+65 is the full explosion. Both of them tanked it with no damage, but Saitama directly after was able to harm Garou, so he scales to the full explosion, rather than half.

Garou then copied his strength so he scales too.

Bro OPM fandom will love vsbattle more and turn negativity into boundless positivity. I hope this gets accepted.
Again, it does not need values in math.

Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else. That means, for example, that if a verse has power levels or statistics, the doubling of a statistic or power level should not be concluded to correspond to the power of the character doubling, unless it is clearly specified to work that way.

As Qawsed said, the graph should count as a "direct statement." It's given by the narrative, and there are statements alongside the graph confirming it's exponential growth, which various points they grow at. I don't see the problem here.

It's clearly stated to apply to strength and power. So it should only be applied to his AP and Durability statistics.

The 1.11e+65 is the full explosion. Both of them tanked it with no damage, but Saitama directly after was able to harm Garou, so he scales to the full explosion, rather than half.

Garou then copied his strength so he scales too.
Why would both of them scale to the full explosion in durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back