• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Garou and Saitama Graph Discussion (Cleaned and Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think "likely higher" is strange, since we know his strength significantly increases, we just can't agree on an exact multiplier for it. I'd prefer just "higher".

I think "likely higher" is strange, since we know his strength significantly increases, we just can't agree on an exact multiplier for it. I'd prefer just "higher".
"At least 4-A, higher" does not look structurally correct or intuitively understandable in itself though. I suppose that "very likely higher" might work, but we don't have a standard format for that, so it seems inappropriate" as well.

I'd go with 'far higher' due to it being stated to "soar exponentially"
"At least" is weird considering the 4-A comes from Saitama not holding back. But I agree with a far higher.
Well, "far higher" could imply that he ascended several tiers above 4-A, and what is in question here is if he might have entered tier 3-C or maybe even low 3-B territory.

Wouldn't the "Higher with Accelerated Development" already cover that? A new key seems a little redundant
Oh, I don’t think he really needs a new key. I think his current rating is fine as it is.
Well, that is not how we tend to do things. If a character gets a significant power-up, we usually list it in a new statistics key, whereas our current page structure implies that Saitama has not already reached a higher power-level, he just might reach one later via his accelerated development ability.

I think a key would be better, since Saitama in that key would have the ability of going back in time and also much more strength as a result of his accelerated development, which he normally wouldn't after returning back to normal.

Well, that is not how we tend to do things. If a character gets a significant power-up, we usually list it in a new statistics key, whereas our current page structure implies that Saitama has not already reached a higher power-level, he just might reach one later via his accelerated development ability.
But considering we're deciding on just 4-A, I don't see the point of it considering Higher with AD basically covers all of that

"At least 4-A, higher" does not look structurally correct or intuitively understandable in itself though. I suppose that "very likely higher" might work, but we don't have a standard format for that, so it seems inappropriate" as well.
We do use the format of "At least 4-A, higher with Accelerated Development" on profiles.

If the calculation is accepted but isn't usable for specific reasons in the thread ;
Atleast 4-A sounds fair according to the explaination on attack potency page or Even Both these terms could be used.

At least​

Should be used to denote the lower cap of a character, if the exact value is indeterminate
Higher
This should be used to denote a character's weapons, techniques, or attributes that are much stronger than their base level, but still within the same tier. For example, a character that is Solar System level but has an attack that multiplies their power by 100 times. In this instance it should be written as “Solar System level, higher with that ability or technique”.

Furthermore, higher may also be used to denote a case where the character is possibly or likely a higher tier, but to what degree is not specified. This is specifically referring to cases such as “At least 4-B, likely higher” or “At least Solar System level, likely higher

Atleast 4-A sounds fair according to the explaination on attack potency page or Even Both these terms could be used.
Why would Saitama get At least when he's going all out here though? It'd be more understandable if Saitama was holding back here, but he really wasn't. Plus 4-A comes directly from Saitama himself.

I think a key would be better, since Saitama in that key would have the ability of going back in time and also much more strength as a result of his accelerated development, which he normally wouldn't after returning back to normal.
Strongly agreed.
But considering we're deciding on just 4-A, I don't see the point of it considering Higher with AD basically covers all of that
Well, I think that the current version does not properly signify to our visitors that Saitama has already gone through a power-up, it is not just something that potentially might happen.
We do use the format of "At least 4-A, higher with Accelerated Development" on profiles.
Well, we could use "At least 4-A, likely higher. Potentially even higher with Accelerated Development" instead if you wish.

Why would Saitama get At least when he's going all out here though? It'd be more understandable if Saitama was holding back here, but he really wasn't. Plus 4-A comes directly from Saitama himself.
He would get a plain "4-A" key for his statistics before the fight with god-empowered Garou, as that is what he had right in the beginning when performing his calculated 4-A feat, and an "At least 4-A, likely higher" key for his statistics for after his massive power-ups during the fight.

Last edited:
He would get a plain 4-A key for his statistics before the fight with god-empowered Taro, as that is what he had right in the beginning when performing his calculated "4-A" feat, and an "At least 4-A, likely higher" key for his statistics for after his massive power-ups during the fight.
I believe that you are referring to Garou and not whoever this Taro is.

Sorry about the head-glitch. I corrected it.

Last edited:
The votes are more or less split but are inclined towards disagreement (6:4) so i guess Atleast 4-A sounds more fair.

Well, since he wasn't trying to kill Garou, it's possible he would have been stronger if he was actively trying to. Also the fact that he was only using one of his hands.

why are some people making this seem difficult
he's literally higher with AD, that's the entire point of AD's existence
also, I'm pretty sure we're giving him a new key, he gets more abilities and is way stronger

Yeah I'd say that it's more deserving for Saitama due to his extreme case.

But overall, I'm not super fussed about what happens.

That technically applies to every Accelerated Development user. Would that be applied to Saitama's profile because of how extreme his case is? I'm not familiar with any profiles that higher with Accelerated Development.
Precisely. It would be redundant to add it in.

we should just have profiles list AD as justification for higher, it makes no sense for this one ability in particular to not get listed for higher

we should just have profiles list AD as justification for higher, it makes no sense for this one ability in particular to not get listed for higher
Isn't Accelerated Development just a character improving at a faster rate than normal? Giving every character with Accelerated Development a higher with it sounds pretty close to giving them a higher with training to me.

Isn't Accelerated Development just a character improving at a faster rate than normal? Giving every character with Accelerated Development a higher with it sounds pretty close to giving them a higher with training to me.
That’d be fair if it weren’t for the fact that Saitama’s AD has nothing to do with training, it’s a passive combat applicable exponential growth which can overcome massive gaps and turn even matched into one shots many times over, so I think it’d be unfair to not list something that important

That’d be fair if it weren’t for the fact that Saitama’s AD has nothing to do with training, it’s a passive combat applicable exponential growth which can overcome massive gaps and turn even matched into one shots many times over, so I think it’d be unfair to not list something that important
You did word your last comment in a way that implied that every character with Accelerated Development should get a higher with it. The degree of Saitama's Accelerated Development capabilities would probably be worth explaining on the profile though I don't have a strong opinion regarding him getting a higher for that.

I don’t see how this is really a thing to be neutral on though, it’s pretty objectively what’s meant to go on the profile
when he can one shot Garou within a few moments, it’s a massive change in AP that obviously should go on the profile. I wouldn’t really be neutral on oranges being orange, or the floor being made out of floor, this is pretty clear cut and removing the higher with AD (which is already on the profile) seems a bit petty and pointless

I don’t see how this is really a thing to be neutral on though, it’s pretty objectively what’s meant to go on the profile
when he can one shot Garou within a few moments, it’s a massive change in AP that obviously should go on the profile. I wouldn’t really be neutral on oranges being orange, or the floor being made out of floor, this is pretty clear cut and removing the higher with AD (which is already on the profile) seems a bit petty and pointless
I agree with the fact that Saitama does get a massive amount of strength via his Accelerated Development. I just don't care too much about how exactly that is explained on the profile provided it is clear enough.

As much as I love 3-C Saitama I disagree with this.

The graph can't be trusted as an exact multiplier and seems like more of a representation of their growth compared to both their earlier selves and each other.

That technically applies to every Accelerated Development user. Would that be applied to Saitama's profile because of how extreme his case is? I'm not familiar with any profiles that have higher with Accelerated Development.
I’ve seen it done before, but only for characters that have the Battle type of Accelerated Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back