• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Correction to the 7-B+/7-A and High 7-C scaling

So I guess I will make TTM "At most High 7-C" someone should modify Garou's locked profile as well since he scales

So I guess I will make TTM "At most High 7-C" someone should modify Garou's locked profile as well since he scales
Post Super Fight Genos would also need to be updated since he's scales to ttm via Garou's statement. Also Metal Bat, Senior Centipede, Bug God, and Royal Ripper would need to be updated since they scale to that Garou or to Post Super Fight Genos.

Yeah I just want to confirm that staff here is okay with the changes before I do anything

Unless I'm mistaken, the proposed scaling chain is:

Tanktop Master --> Iaian --> Sweet Mask --> Fuhrer Ugly --> Gums --> Tanktop Master

Is that right?

Unless I'm mistaken, the proposed scaling chain is:

Tanktop Master --> Iaian --> Sweet Mask --> Fuhrer Ugly --> Gums --> Tanktop Master

Is that right?
It's just TTM downscaling from Gums instead of not scaling at all despite Gums putting a considerable effort into chewing him

It's just TTM downscaling from Gums instead of not scaling at all despite Gums putting a considerable effort into chewing him
I think that "At least 7-C, likely higher" still would've been enough to cover Tanktop Master's durability for that given that he couldn't fight back against Gums at all and a blow from a comparable character to Gums (Fuhrer Ugly) completely shatterd his limbs.

I think that "At least 7-C, likely higher" still would've been enough to cover Tanktop Master's durability for that given that he couldn't fight back against Gums at all and a blow from a comparable character to Gums (Fuhrer Ugly) completely shatterd his limbs.
I mean that by itself proves that the gap between Gums and FU is sizeable despite being in the same tier, Gums can harm him yes but FU would clearly beat him so I don't see how this means TTM can't scale as an "at most" to Gums

Like it would be:

FU > Gums >= TTM

I don't think TTM's feat warrants him scaling to High 7-C, and by extension all those other characters like Garou, Genos, etc.

I think he's fine with "At least 7-C".

Looks like it's currently split with my voting on that and Qaws voting for At most High 7-C.

Even if we scaled TTM to "At most High 7-C" for his durability, the amount of damage that Garou did to him is far less than the amount of damage Gums did to him, making scaling Garou to that questionable.

Even if we scaled TTM to "At most High 7-C" for his durability, the amount of damage that Garou did to him is far less than the amount of damage Gums did to him, making scaling Garou to that questionable.
No, this just isn't the case.
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzYyNTE5MzA2NTclMkY5MTcyODE0MzA0OTk4ODUwNzYlMkZwXzI1LnBuZw==

the first time gums bit him he didn't even draw blood.
Garou literally hospitalized him, but was completely fine to keep going after being bitten twice by gums.

With multiple hits.
You don’t just survive a few seconds of being crushed without any visible damage and just not even be able to downscale at all, that’s beyond ridiculous.
Garou’s very first hit made ttm bleed, and so did the hits afterward.
Not to mention that scene of pig god saying “thanks to master coming, we have a chance to win this” even after knowing they have gums level threats there, meaning he’s at least strong enough to contribute to the battle
there’s no reason for this to be controversial though damage, he took the attack with limited harm, his durability should scale without question.

If I was terrified and using my full body, that still wouldn’t stop a bomb exploding in my face from one shotting me
what are you trying to get at, “7-C, high 7-C when terrified”?

okay, then that means surely the bomb would kill me, or so significant damage, right?
Sure. However, let's say someone much, much stronger than you is physically attacking you by trying to crush you, and you push back using all the strength in your body, holding them back via LS. You would not scale to them.

Gums’ only method of attack is biting people
he very explicitly was biting tanktop master. By this logic literally nobody can scale to his AP, and his AP is also irrelevant because it’s based on LS
in fact tatsumaki usually just crushes people, I guess her AP can’t scale to anybody either?

Gums’ only method of attack is biting people
he very explicitly was biting tanktop master. By this logic literally nobody can scale to his AP, and his AP is also irrelevant because it’s based on LS
in fact tatsumaki usually just crushes people, I guess her AP can’t scale to anybody either?
This some strawman type shit, because all I said was that Tanktop Master, who is explicitly shown to be much weaker, is much weaker, and you have a problem with that.

Not to the point of not downscaling though... He held Gums bite for a considerable amount of time and forced Gums to make a great effort to bite him down...

This isn't a clear one shot like Golden Sperm KOing Darkshine in one punch, they are clearly somewhat comparable

Not to the point of not downscaling though... He held Gums bite for a considerable amount of time and forced Gums to make a great effort to bite him down...

This isn't a clear one shot like Golden Sperm KOing Darkshine in one punch, they are clearly somewhat comparable
Downscaling is fine, yeah.

But Gums is only High 7-C for harming Fuhrer Ugly who is way, way stronger than Tanktop Master.

I don't think Tanktop Master should be scaling even indirectly to Fuhrer Ugly.

But Gums is only High 7-C for harming Fuhrer Ugly who is way, way stronger than Tanktop Master.

I don't think Tanktop Master should be scaling even indirectly to Fuhrer Ugly.
I agree. I checked the scaling again, and Fuhrer Ugly > Gums to an incredible degree, and was only harmed because he was thrown, while already injured, into Gums' Mouth, and taken off guard. And Tank Top Master can't be comparable at all to Fuhrer Ugly, who broke every bone in his body and fed him to Gums before he could land a single hit. Seriously, they both attack each other at the same time with named attacks, and TTM breaks his arms, while Ugly is unaffected.

Gums is more of a durability beast than an attacker.

Yeah, but he was literally being overwhelmed, he was struggling, he was in pain.
Being overwhelmed doesn't mean anything to his durability scaling or not and neither does him being in pain. If he didn't scale, he would literally be looking like how Amai Mask looked after he got punched by Fuhrer Ugly.

If we’re focused on tanktop’s reaction then just look at gums too
Just a reminder that he was ******** himself beyond belief, especially the second time

image0.jpg
The hardest bite of his life and could only draw lowish amount of blood

Literally all of this circular scaling and contradictory scaling can be avoided if we account for the fact that Fubuki boosted him not too long b4 this.

What circular scaling? It's pretty forward.

FU > Gums >= Tanktop Master

Gums can harm Fuhrer Ugly but is still inferior to him, Tanktop Master is downscaling from Gums for holding back his bite and forcing him to make a great effort but it's apparent he would still get overpowered eventually and killed in a 1v1 that's why he is "At most High 7-C"

What circular scaling? It's pretty forward.

FU > Gums >= Tanktop Master

Gums can harm Fuhrer Ugly but is still inferior to him, Tanktop Master is downscaling from Gums for holding back his bite and forcing him to make a great effort but it's apparent he would still get overpowered eventually and killed in a 1v1 that's why he is "At most High 7-C"
The holding back Gums' bite part would be Lifting Strength, no?

except it is
he was literally bitten twice and took no damage, and then slight damage
what's so incredibly incomprehensible about your durability scaling to an attack that you took?
I mean, it's just LS Crush + Piercing damage, 2 things that are notorious for not doing well with durability. Also, I barely believe Gums scales to that value.

I mean, it's just LS Crush + Piercing damage, 2 things that are notorious for not doing well with durability.
both of which are allowed to be AP. Tatsumaki has AP from crushing things, every sword user ever has an AP rating for it. It's insane that you're acting like either of these is even remotely relevant as a disqualifier for AP scaling in any way.
And what do you even mean "2 things that are notorious for not doing well with durability"
you realize that's vague, right? That means nothing at all. I'm confused as to why you would even say this, can you make your point clear there? Cause it seems as though you're trying to say that crushing things can't be used for scaling.
I'd also appreciate if Damage could clarify the meaning behind any of this too, since he seems to find it to be a compelling point.
Also, I barely believe Gums scales to that value.
he partly withstood a redirected face caving punch, mostly having bled out of his existing injuries, and kept fighting

he also clearly damaged genos to an extent.
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDQwMTk3NTcwODYlMkY5MTcyODE2NzYwNDI4NDIxNDIlMkZwMTYucG5n

Back