• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Correction to the 7-B+/7-A and High 7-C scaling

We don't really see to what extent though, so that's not a useful feat.
well he's visibly pained
I don't see how Genos was any better off than tanktop master. In fact, judging by what seems to be electricity popping out his arm, he may be doing slightly worse than ttm did
It's very contradictory to say that ttm's dura wouldn't be able to scale to gums AP despite him taking little to no visible damage, and then say Gums can't scale to Genos despite doing practically the exact same thing that happened to TTM.

and lets not forget, this statement (which I didn't have the scan for earlier) of Pig God demonstrating that he sees ttm as someone capable of contributing to the cadre battle, despite already having encountered gums before
image.png

well he's visibly pained
I don't see how Genos was any better off than tanktop master. In fact, judging by what seems to be electricity popping out his arm, he may be doing slightly worse than ttm did
It's very contradictory to say that ttm's dura wouldn't be able to scale to gums AP despite him taking little to no visible damage, and then say Gums can't scale to Genos despite doing practically the exact same thing that happened to TTM.
It'd be pretty circular to try and scale Gums off of Genos when Genos is currently scaling off of Gums for "tanking" his attack.

slightly unrelated to the genos thing, but another note about ttm vs gums is that he only made him bleed by catching him completely off guard with a bite
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzQzNTYxMDExNDAlMkY5MTcyODE0NTA0MDYwODQ2OTglMkZwXzI4LnBuZw==

so he wasn't really defending properly as he did in their first struggle
I'm going by what's on Genos' profile. I know that's there too.
Yeah that's just a bad example of "tanking" given for genos, and should probably be used on Gums' AP justification.

How about if we made a new key for Tanktop Master for the Monster Association arc?

Are there any objections to that?

I don't think there is any justification for that, after being beaten by Garou and rushing to help in the MA Raid like 2-3 days had passed...

I don't think there is any justification for that, after being beaten by Garou and rushing to help in the MA Raid like 2-3 days had passed...
It's not unheard of for characters to get stronger in a short period of time (assuming it is accepted that he does show High 7-C stats in the fight against Gums and Fuhrer Ugly).

It's not unheard of for characters to get stronger in a short period of time (assuming it is accepted that he does show High 7-C stats in the fight against Gums and Fuhrer Ugly).
Yes, but there is no justification for this, he wasn't training or stated to have some kind of zenkai. He was hospitalized for 2-3 days and then ran back to assist in the raid...

Yes, but there is no justification for this, he wasn't training or stated to have some kind of zenkai. He was hospitalized for 2-3 days and then ran back to assist in the raid...
There is the amp given to him by Fubuki that was brought up by Timmy.

I do have to concur with the idea of just giving him the fubuki amp key
ttm does imply in a recent chapter that Fubuki's amp lingered for a bit of time
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzk3Mjg5OTIyNzYlMkYxMTEzNTg1MjIyNTQ2NjMyODE3JTJGcGFnZV8wNy5wbmc=

either way, as long as the fubuki-amped key is high 7-C, this is a fine solution
it also prevents the whole thing with human garou being comparable to ttm but quite below 1st form bug god, whose second form gums scales above
this is the best solution, in my eyes.

I'm going by what's on Genos' profile. I know that's there too.

Is that better?
I do have to concur with the idea of just giving him the fubuki amp key
ttm does imply in a recent chapter that Fubuki's amp lingered for a bit of time
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzk3Mjg5OTIyNzYlMkYxMTEzNTg1MjIyNTQ2NjMyODE3JTJGcGFnZV8wNy5wbmc=

either way, as long as the fubuki-amped key is high 7-C, this is a fine solution
it also prevents the whole thing with human garou being comparable to ttm but quite below 1st form bug god, whose second form gums scales above
this is the best solution, in my eyes.
But he is talking about his fat buff when Fubuki revived him

Is that better?

But he is talking about his fat buff when Fubuki revived him
It's about this as well
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzAyNDU2NzA5OTIlMkY5MTcyODA3MjM1ODc3MTkxNzklMkZwXzkucG5n

she had been amping him a bit.

What circular scaling? It's pretty forward.

FU > Gums >= Tanktop Master
Based off of the comments, TTM took no damage from Gums until he visibly powered up.
Gums could bite down on FU hard enough to harm him and ended up swallowing him whole without him being able to do anything. Hell, even after he ate him FU struggled to break out before visibly powering up.
FU and Gums are relative. TTM scaling in any way create contradictions and problems.

TTM received a boost prior to this feat, why can’t we leave it at that? I haven’t even seen a counter to this argument either.

Back