• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One punch man Child emperor new feat upgrade

Damage3245 said:
@Ryope, Child Emperor is literally encountering someone with resurrection powers for the first time.
I don't think he can be considered a solid authority on the limits of Phoenix Man's powers. Next chapter should clarify exactly what happened to Phoenix Man and what is left of him.
PM was already dead here ,not close to death or in process dying,he was dead.

Like i said if he wasnt able to come back from death there was no reason for CE to specifically borther trying to destroy him whole body during the whole fight,also there is no reason to doubts all those sataments.

Here also PM stated he has endless life force

> PM was already dead here ,not close to death or in process dying,he was dead.

PM explictly wasn't dead here. He even mentions Gyoro-Gyoro's statement about needing to be near death in order to evolve. His evolution later on also involves not being fully dead, but near death. Like how Elder Centipede is incredibly difficult to kill unless you fully destroy it, PM is hard to beat because you need to kill him before he evolves again.

> CE to specifically borther trying to destroy him whole body during the whole fight

He went for complete body destruction because it was: A) His last ditch option as he only had a few seconds left and couldn't reliably hit him with enough weaker attacks fast enough B) complete body destruction would fully kill PM, meaning no reviving.

>PM explictly wasn't dead here. He even mentions Gyoro-Gyoro's statement about needing to be near death

He just find that process similar to his special ability or part of the reason he alive,as he come back from death to his lethal situation and then get a boost power like Gyor-Gyoro's statement,he was already death for several mins(since the beginning of the chpater 97) here and in the same position exactly as he was the whole time , he wasn't alive

Here also CE talk about the possibility of PM comming back to life ,nothing here imply at all that PM was alive or near death at that time,CE didnt even suggest such possibility since PM was already dead at at that time.

>He went for complete body destruction because it was: A) His last ditch option as he only had a few seconds left and couldn't reliably hit him with enough weaker attacks fast enough B) complete body destruction would fully kill PM, meaning no reviving.

He literally fought against army and two Dragon level monster right after that.he has enough time

if PM was't immortal CE only had to to cut PM's body/head,no reason at all for specifically aimming to destction of the body,but that what he tried to and that why he overused the energy of the suit and risked in death and self destrction of the robot -all in order to completely destoy PM

> He just find that process similar

No, he said he directly said what happened to him is what Gyoro-Gyoro's told him about how monsters can evolve. He starts off with "Gyoro-Gyoro said it himself" indicating that is what happened.

> CE didnt even suggest such possibility since PM was already dead at at that time.

In that exact same page he says a monster's biology is unpredictable. PM could just be alive and CE has no way of knowing.

> He literally fought against army and two Dragon level monster right after that.he has enough time

He had 3 seconds left when he got a new arm and started to fire the beam. There was no other way to finish the fight at that point

> if PM was't immortal CE only had to to cut PM's body/head,no reason at all for specifically aimming to destction of the body

CE tried to cut, shoot, punch, and blow up PM. He either avoided every attempt or lived long enough to regenerate. Him going for full body destruction doesn't mean he needs to, its just a sure fire way to assure he isn't dead

But like Damage said I think its better to wait until the next chapter. If PE's body is fully gone or regenerates from a small chunk I'll back down and fully agree with the ability addition.

Well the chapter is out. Seems like PM's regen is tied to his costume. If it sustains to much damage he loses all of his powers and can no longer regenerate.

Amazingly though Pheonix Man either tanked or resurrected from Child Emperor's final blast.

Also, I think we can say based on new evidence in the chapter that Pheonix Man's resurrection is true resurrection, not just recovering from near-death.

The costume thing seems strange though. Does it have to be self inflected or something? Because technically speaking at no point did we see CE completely destroy sections of the suit.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what he says. If he absorbed the beam or just survived long enough to regen

Speaking about that, I'm currently a little busy to update the calc but I'm already working on it.

So the two ninja bro's are both permanently resurrected, alive not just as corpses, and it also seems like all the water down in that pit was vaporized by one of CE's attacks, so that might be good to add to a calc.

Basicslly we have to wait for a translation or someone who can read Japanese to come around. Since PM either absorbed the beam or regenerated from it.

There could also be a calc for vaporizing water I guess.

So yeah, he just absorbed the beam. So with that in mind I vote no for ressuection. His costume must remain intact and so far nothing counters his claim about being near death rather than just dead.

He didn't absord the whole beam so that still scale to his durability and also his Attack Potency since he was able to rip off the costume,which the beam fall to destroy

Also again CE said at rhe end of the chapter PM won't be able to resurrected,still think he should have this ability

His absorption lowered the beam's power by an unknown amount. I don't think it's good to scale it to a 1:1 ratio. He also said that he couldn't ressurect because he no longer had the suit. The suit is what gave him powers, when it was ripped off he lost all of that.

The Ninja Bros were fully resurrected despite being dead in the previous chapter.

I think that's a point in favor towards Phoenix Man having the ability to resurrect.

Yeah I'm fine with him having that power, I'm just saying that he can't self-ressurect

Qawsedf234- I know the suit is the source of his power,i meant that CE stated that now that his suit is ruined he won't be able to resurect anymore-another confirmation that PM can resurrected

My thing is PM directly used the quite about being near death when he evolved and his other ressuection was similarly vague about him being dead or not. I just don't think there's solid evidence for self-ressurection rather than Regenerationn with a power boost.

Wasn't Gyoro-Gyoro's thing about conquering death leads to the perfect monster? Resurrecting from death could be considered to be similar to that.

Well okay then. Just remember to add the weakness about the suit in regards to power loss.

You can add that weakness to the page, yes.

By the way is this is a lifting feat for CE?

https://********.org/data/0b9699143a1a5aa782083e4b53d61976/x10.jpg

https://********.org/data/0b9699143a1a5aa782083e4b53d61976/x11.jpg

I am not sure if he open that robot's mouth himself or the robot did

At the beginning of the chapter is also been stated that the the robot stop functio ,so i think this is a legit lifting feat for CE

If either of Brave Giant's feats gets a good result it'd make more sense

Brave Giant (while weakened and very damaged, at the brink of destruction) was able to vaporize a massive body of water. This feat should be definitely calced.

Yeah, it was right before he launched the Millennium Emperor Nova as seen here. So we have three different feats, GB launching PM all the way down to the bottom, CE vaporizing the water and MEN destroying part of the MAHQ and dispersing some clouds.

Back