• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Poké Man—Saitama vs Red (Origins)

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Turns out the 151st Pokémon is being sought after by Saitama as well, so Red fights him for the right to find him. Red has Mega Charizard X and Mewtwo with him (and he succeeded in training him)

For reference, Red's Mewtwo knows Recover, Barrier, Swift, and Psychic (or Confusion), and his Charizard knows Growl, Scratch, Ember, Flamethrower, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Seismic Toss, Fire Spin, Fire Blast, Slash, and Swift.

Both are somewhere beteeen in character and serious.

Red origins shorts
Saitama serious profile

>Saitamma blitzes, and one shots.

>Characters are in the exact same speed and AP tier.

Dude, give a legitimate vote...

Didn't we have a discussion about attacking the summoner in these kinds of fights?.

I mean, like in a double battle. Because that Barrier/Growl combo is quite significant, specially with the mentality the OP gave the two.

@Cal

Don't you think adding Mewtwo is a bit much considering it's abilities?.

Yes he is.

(Heat) Genos incineraters, Boros Energy, and re-entry heat had zero effect on him.

(Ice) He was frozen solid, but just punched his way out.

(Esp) Resisted Tatsumaki's esp.

@Griffin

He only has the moves listed in the OP. Barrier is the one that is actually useful. Mewtwo in this fight is acting as more of a support to Charizard, really.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Cal
Don't you think adding Mewtwo is a bit much considering it's abilities?.
Red's Mewtwo has a certain set of 4 moves. So Red's Mewtwo is limited.

You do know that those are weaker people right? and Saitama is only resistant to just Esp, nothing else.

We all know that Mewtwo w/ all his abilities kinda...sh*tstomps, but Origins!Mewtwo is pretty limited, w/ just healing via Recover, homing attacks via Swift, barriers via...Barrier, and telekinesis via Psychic/Confusion.

Not even sure why freezing matters. It's not like Red'll be using Articuno. Also, tanking=/=resistance.

@Cal, Dragon and Lepy

I quickly forgot that it's origins Mewtwo, thanks for reminding me.

Also, Cal, is this like a double battle? Because that can change the outcome quite a bit.

Edit: No prob, Griff. And... Lepy... ;u;

Yeah. Red can treat it like a double battle. Since this isn't a Kantonian Pokémon battle, he's not limited to the rules of a match.

Well, since Red can use both Mewtwo and Char-X at the same time, imma vote for him. Like I said, that Growl/Barrier combo is pretty significant and I feel is Red's Trump Card. Plus, as I also said, Mewtwo serves as Char's support, as he can attack from distance with good ol' Swift.

Yes, Saitama has Shockwaves to take care of Mewtwo, but the moment he takes his eyes from Char, he might be in for a Seismic Toss or expose himself to more Growls.

Edit: And even if we go to a long-long battle and Saitama manages to beat Charizard and/or Mewtwo, his AP should be low enough to the point where it doesn't even matter. Couple that with Mewtwo's recovers and you have a win for Red imo.

I'm going to go with Red then.

Mewtwo and Charizard as they have some decent versatility. Charizard's fire attack could cause a burn effect and try to trap with Fire Spin, barrier can somewhat weaken Saitama's physical damage, both have swift to home in on him, Mewtwo has Telekinesis/Confusion (tho Saitama is resistant to Psychic attacks) and both got the flight advantage (not much of a game changer but still).

Still it would probably come around to a physical confrontation but with their Abilities Charizard and Mewtwo should pull in the win.

Red has my vote.

Yes, Saitama has AP advantage, but he is fighting against opponents that can reduce his strenght with 3 different ways. And one of them (Burn) is by half.

Back