• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They weren't tricked by specific illusions of their dead friends & relatives.

That doesn't mean that other illusions wouldn't work on them.

Also I suppose it's worth clarifying, how do we treat the recent two episodes of Kid and Zoro showcasing conqueror's haki? Do we treat them as valid or not

Black Maria didn't say "illusions of dead people won't work", she said "illusions won't work".

Brook said he's used to getting hurt by illusions in general and Robin said they're similar.

I understand the concern on the ability but nothing says that it's because it's their friends and family.

Also I suppose it's worth clarifying, how do we treat the recent two episodes of Kid and Zoro showcasing conqueror's haki? Do we treat them as valid or not
Non canon until Oda says something. If we took anime haki showings, Sanji's have Koka on the profile by now

Non canon until Oda says something. If we took anime haki showings, Sanji's have Koka on the profile by now
Makes sense
This dialogue hints more towards something illusion based than intelligence.

Black Maria didn't say "illusions of dead people won't work", she said "illusions won't work".

Brook said he's used to getting hurt by illusions in general and Robin said they're similar.

I understand the concern on the ability but nothing says that it's because it's their friends and family
This makes sense, I support a resistance to illusions for them

I agree with tempest. Looking at just the altercation with no context I can see where damage is coming from. But given the statements and dialogue it points to them having a resistance.

Also I still agree to the things in the op.

I don't think it points to them having a resistance. Not being tricked by an obvious deception doesn't mean you've resistance the deception.

I don't think it points to them having a resistance. Not being tricked by an obvious deception doesn't mean you've resistance the deception.
Well, after years of practice, wishing every day that the death of your friends was only a dream, one does get used to being hurt by illusions.
"Obvious deception" her power would just be useless then in that case

That isn’t backed up by the statements or dialogue.

If Oda wanted to portray Robin as being too smart for the illusions he would’ve had BM state something like she is too smart to fall for my tricks.

This is your personal head canon. That’s simply not supported by statements or context.

This is your personal head canon. That’s simply not supported by statements or context.

I don't think the statements or context support Robin and Brook being able to magically resist illusions.

The simpler explanation is that Robin isn't an idiot and she's obviously not going to be tricked by her long-dead relatives and friends showing up out of nowhere.

The simpler explanation is that Robin isn't an idiot and she's obviously not going to be tricked by her long-dead relatives and friends showing up out of nowhere.

The simplest explanation is that the guy who was forced to see illusions and the girl who was traumatized for 20+ years don't get phased when they see illusions.

So everyone in fiction who falls under stuff like that is an idiot? No. The illusion just works. The illusion didn't work.

So everyone in fiction who falls under stuff like that is an idiot?

Idiotic, or naive, or gullible.

Kinemon and the other scabbards were ready to believe that Oden had come back from the dead a few chapters ago, but I don't believe that Ashura Doji has a resistance to illusions just because he was the only one who didn't believe in the fake Oden that appeared before them.

The illusion didn't work.

I agree the illusion didn't work. I'm questioning why it is that the illusion didn't work.

Idiotic, or naive, or gullible.

Kinemon and the other scabbards were ready to believe that Oden had come back from the dead a few chapters ago, but I don't believe that Ashura Doji has a resistance to illusions just because he was the only one who didn't believe in the fake Oden that appeared before them.
Cause that wasn't an illusion. And Ashura Doji flat out explained why they fell for it, because they wanted the real Oden there. Not to drop the portion where the first thing Kanjuroden did was rationalize him being there "I don't blame you for being surprised" and "Toki sent me to the future". Not including the fact that they were helped by a mysterious person and they were willing to believe that person was Oden. Not including the fact that Kanjuro has some of the most potent Social Influencing in the series and he can actually deceive people. Not including the fact that literally everyone in that room had PTSD about that one dude, which is why even when they exposed him for being fake, Kiku still froze when she saw him.

These new fodder didn't rationalize anything, they just said "hi Robin, how are you? We missed you". You're comparing a pathological liar who is mimicking someone that he's worshipped alongside others for years and is good at acting + several other reasons to a "we missed you".

I agree the illusion didn't work. I'm questioning why it is that the illusion didn't work.
Because illusions are fodder towards those 2. Even Brook is someone who makes illusions and was taking these illusions serious.
They should get the resistance. That's just me.

Cause that wasn't an illusion. And Ashura Doji flat out explained why they fell for it, because they wanted the real Oden there. Not to drop the portion where the first thing Kanjuroden did was rationalize him being there "I don't blame you for being surprised" and "Toki sent me to the future". Not including the fact that they were helped by a mysterious person and they were willing to believe that person was Oden. Not including the fact that Kanjuro has some of the most potent Social Influencing in the series and he can actually deceive people. Not including the fact that literally everyone in that room had PTSD about that one dude, which is why even when they exposed him for being fake, Kiku still froze when she saw him.

These new fodder didn't rationalize anything, they just said "hi Robin, how are you? We missed you". You're comparing a pathological liar who is mimicking someone that he's worshipped alongside others for years and is good at acting + several other reasons to a "we missed you".

Because illusions are fodder towards those 2. Even Brook is someone who makes illusions and was taking these illusions serious.
They should get the resistance. That's just me.
Actually, can u bring the illusion scan?

Actually, can u bring the illusion scan?
1020-005.png
1020-006.png
1020-007.png
1020-008.png
1020-009.png
1020-010.png

Yeah no, I agree with damage here, that's not resistance to illusion, even if it happend to someone IRL, nobody would fall to it, these people already were dead, obviously Robin wont fall to it, even if it was me there, I would just run scared thinking that its a frickin Ghost, yeah, I disagree with it being resistance to illusion

So what does this qualify as?

"Smart enough to see past illusions"?

Isn't it clear that they're not resisting it at all and they just know it isn't real? Like, they're clearly not falling for the illusion. Illusion Manipulation isn't some kind of mind manipulation that convinces you the images are real, they knew it wasn't real from the get-go.

It has been accepted by DemonGodMitchAubin, Damage3245, and other knowledgeable members. Applying edits

Can linlin get soul manip resistance because the homies that her soul encompass have the same resistance?

Aren't her "homies" just fractions of her own soul? If they resist soul manip she should also resist it. Though i'm not sure what specifically you're talking about so I can only give a surface level response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back