• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Toon-Force?

Do one piece characters have toon-force? I can't think of any other verse that has normal humans without any super powers doing the kinds of things that Zoro, Sanji, Garp and the like do, without some sort of toon-force.

Sanji, Garp and Zoro are not normal humans, and they do have super powers.

The reason they have superhuman stats is because it's possible to reach that level of power by training in the OPverse. It's fiction, it doesn't need to follow reality's rules.

I understand that, but it seems more often than not in One Piece that there is something up with their powers. Like, the kind of training they do wouldn't give you super strength, speed, or durability. In most fictional verses, there is some sort of explanation as to why someone is abnormally physically strong. For example Goku being a Saiyan, and the ki system, Superman being a Kryptonian, Sakura and Tsunade by chakra control etc. But take someone like Muscles Mouse from Tom and Jerry who has super-human strength for absolutely no reason at all or Popeye who has super-human strength simply only from eating spinach, we consider that to be derived from toon-force. Zoro does normal strength training such as lifting weights. This should not allow him to pick up houses. I understand that fiction does not have to adhere to real world physics, but when you are a born a human and did not take a dip in a bat of acid or get bit by a radioactive bug or something like that, and are able to pick up houses, something is not right.

You're placing real world limitations on a fictional setting. A human being can be as powerful as the writer choses to depict based on the world they've created. 90% of fictional "humans" are far beyond the capabilites of an actual human in reality.

Toon Force is like a powerful, more nonsensical form of Reality Warping. A series having their average humans stronger than ours is FAR from that in the slightest.

In Dragon Ball regular humans can become Planet Level (even Solar System counting noncanon) through training. I doubt anyone is going to say they have Toon Force. One Piece is a similar case where humans can reach levels we cannot if they work hard enough.

One Piece is a similar case where humans can reach levels we cannot if they work hard enough.
yeah, a really good example is the Baki-series,

people of that verse simply need to train like crazy and get all muscular and master fighting techs to the point where punching concrete is as easy as destroying styrofoam, it is simply that in Baki such stuff is possible (while i wish that such stuff was possible in our world too :( i want to see the president of the USA swearing his loyality towards me like a servant XD)

Back