• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broadway Force could use some work...

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
As a certified Toon Force connoisseur, I usually find one ability sticking out in a lot of my characters' profiles and that is Broadway Force. However, so often I see people slapping on the ability without really understanding what it means, so let's break it down.

Also known as "the Music Meister Effect". Broadway Force, previously considered a far more stable variation of Toonforce, is a power certain people can tap into, (usually depicted in the musical theater genre) by spontaneously breaking into song and dance, causing everyone and everything around them to became bound by it, and compelled to join in. Characteristics involve the immediate assistance of anything that can understand sound and the level of mastery in Broadway Force may enable the participants to be aware they were just a part of a grand scale musical event, and even if inanimate or deaf objects became bound. It is unknown whether or not it is a telepathy power, a hypnotic tune, or a magic enchantment, but for everything in between, we have The Broadway Force.
There needs to be regulations on whether or not this is just a part of the plot or something actually activated by the character. For example, in Disney's Enchanted, Giselle has this power because it's noted that the people miraculously know the dance moves and lyrics of the song without it being set up prior. Oddly enough, The Music Meister himself does not have this ability because it's directly stated to be hypnosis and not a spontaneous unexplainable phenomena. On the topic of toon force, many toons can do this, like Babs Bunny spontaneously influencing a courthouse to come join her musical number and inanimate objects like statues. And the most combat-applicable variation of this comes from The Mask, where his spontaneous dancing causes the cops to join in and stop attacking him. Alastor from Hazbin Hotel does not have this ability, because while he does start a musical number, the only people who join in are shadows he specifically summoned to help him out and none of the other characters besides Charlie (who does so willingly) do. He's just warping the room and giving people clothes with his demon powers, which are not powered by Broadway Force.

So, what are some very telling signs that your ability may be Broadway Force?

• It is never directly cited to be any kind of mind control or hypnosis.
  • Characters will often say something like "where is that music coming from" without any speakers being present, "how are you all choreographed like this", or after the number is finished, "what was I just doing?"
  • Even inanimate objects will join in.
  • The visuals and reality will often change to suit the musical number - Note: This may just be an Imagine Spot unless there are signs that the effects of this number are remembered and are mentioned/last even after the song is finished.
  • The characters would not have had time to properly set it up like how Doctor Doofenshmirtz sometimes does with his hired dancers.
Simply having a musical number does not qualify you for having Broadway Force and must follow these guidelines.

I do not have any idea why Elsa and Mulan have these numbers since Elsa has only ever sung a solo song that doesn't seem to influence anyone around her and are a way for her to showcase her powers. Mulan singing Reflection is the same. Because unless specified... this is what is basically happening. Genie just barely qualifies with this, not because of Friend Like Me, which is a number just fueled by his own magic showcasing, but because of Prince Ali, where he influences a couple of citizens and even the palace guards to sing along with him.

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
I've always been kinda confused with Broadway force

What about this guy?
I don't know because there are no justifications for Broadway Force on this page and that's the kind of thing I'm looking to avoid with this page.

It's similar to reality warping/toon force, but on a much lesser scale and can only be used within musical numbers.

I would not say this is broadway force since the other characters only seem to jam out with him after they're hit with his mind-control beam and not because of the musical number itself. Unless there's any explanation from another page that provides more detail on this.
No league of legends expert, but that's only justification as far as I'm aware of for his Broadway Force rating.

Back