• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Rayleigh Relativistic feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the blog.

There's little to be said that is not presented in the blog other than the obvious debate in the comments on whether or not Kizaru had moved in the manga adaptation of the scene.

Not all of the calc members in the blog are of the same opinion on this, so it's time to make a thread.

Have at it. Only Calc members (with a few special exceptions).

I'm going to throw in all of my personal points about why Kizaru definitely moved.

1) His feet are off of the ground and he is leaned forward in the panel where Rayleigh slashed at the path of light. In the panels leading up to this, he is standing on the ground upright. He moved off of the ground.

2) His head and torso are visibly seen turned into light in the panel prior to Rayleigh attacking, with the particles moving forward. There is also a sound fx in the panel, translated to "Zip" or "Zoom", suggesting movement.

• He was struck with haki afterwards, and turned back into his physical body in order to get out of the light tunnel and twist his upper body to the left in order to dodge the attack. Had he not done this, he would've been decapitated.
3) Rayleigh's height in general would make the beam of light--from where Kizaru is standing--be below his eye-level while still on the ground if he were standing next to Kizaru. The beam is only ever outside of his height and arm length from where he is standing--from 5 or so meters away. Even after jumping, he is below the beam of light from his initial standing, which means Kizaru closed the distance, NOT Rayleigh.

There's another point I'd like to make that isn't related to whether or not Kizaru moved:

• Since Rayleigh did lean forward and leap a small distance, the time-frame would technically be smaller, meaning his speed is somewhat higher, but considering he only moved upwards of a meter closer to Kizaru given his body position, it would still be in the middle of Relativistic. Maybe .26c at most.
Here is the scan I am referencing from:

KizaruMoved

I would appreciate calc group help with this.

Since no one has really responded up till now I will give my opinion after having evaluated both the discussions on NF as well as on here.

There is enough supporting evidence to accept Kizaru as well as the other Top/God-Tiers to be scaled to the calculation in reaction and combat speed.

This should not include attack speed. This does not include movement speed (except for Kizaru). The heavy emphasis on Kizarus speed is important enough in-verse to not simply scale everyone on his level of speed. This includes his attacks outside his light form, like the Yasaka. In addition Dr. Vegapunk managed to rebuild Kizarus ability, so that Pacifistas now are able to fire "Kizarus laser" - which got dodged by base Luffy and - to an extent - by Pre-Skip Strawhats.

Best regards.

Did you ask all of the calc group members and Kaltias to comment here?

The calc group should preferably come to an agreement first.

@Ant - No one else has come despite me posting on their wall, messaging them in chat, or through any other means of contact.

But I will message Kaltias as you say.

@Shadow .2c = 20% SoL

You already know my views on this so i won't bother to clog this thread with an endless debate, but if enough staff members accept the feat then i'll be fine with having it applied.

@Cameron

You can remind the other calc group members again if you wish. It is possible that they did not notice due to the notification glitches a few days ago.

Well, going by the feedback so far, it seems like this can be applied, but I would ideally prefer to get a bit more confirmations first.

@Ant - considering only staff/calc member input:

Agree: 6 (Raven, Weekly, Kaltias, ZanyBrainy, Liger, Cal)

Neutral: 1 (Kepekley)

Disagree: 1 (Tata)

I tried getting more input, but no cigar Q_Q. The focus of staff seems to currently be elsewhere on the wiki.

I said "only considering staff/calc group input". I know the rest of u agreed, just trying to make a point that a lot of staff are currently involved in other threads from what I gather.

Okay. If the other calc group members are not interested, I suppose that there isn't much that I can do about it, and that this should probably be applied then.

its look like rayl cut kizaru where they are standing before kizaru moves and rayl uses his observation haki for it

CinCameron20 said:
Why quote massive walls of text? the thread is concluded in any case.
doesnt mean we cant put over point, also i dont think they are just 20% of sol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back