• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Scaling and Calcs #6

Oh yeah.

Well you already see my counter in the comment section. One can use size of Alabasta to get the low-end value

I did some digging after that and found out that is what NF has done, and it is accepted on OBD

Damage's counter was really silly to say the least. But yeah one should remove that desert splitting calc from Crocodile's page

I read some of the postings above so I thought I might as well give some thoughts on who Zou's walk should scale to.

I think Yonkou commanders should scale for one (Jack was able to survive Zou's assault, albeit he was defeated. But it was moreso because they were already in water so Jack even if he wanted could not put up a fight against it. Also correct me if I am wrong but he also did not recieve any notable injury from it)

Nekomamushi and Inuarashi (Fought Jack off for an extended period of time and were allegedly winning the war, before Jack brought in poison gas)

Luffy (More or less fought on par with Katakuri)

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
I agree with the size being comparable to that of Alabasta and the assumption that he didn't spilt the entire thing always seemed illogical to me.
Well yeah, you literally cannot split a solid object without breaking it in 2 parts. It is physically not possible.

break or cause to break forcibly into parts is its definition

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Would it be possible to calculate the amount of energy Zou produces while walking? I'd imagine it'd be above his energy when he stands
I can, but again it would be based on set of assumptions. Comparing its height to an average elephant, finding its hypothetical speed and then applying KE.

Is VsB willing to give it a pass?

Well you can always make the calc and post it here. But I think it would be able to pass since the assumptions wouldn't be outrageous. I think the notion of applying a random irl island size for the Jewel Ice Sheet requires more assumptions than Zou walking.

IIRC we accept that in our standards but that's up to our calc group members to decide if the calc is valid or not.

PlumCrayfish376 said:
Adam of darkness said:
I read some of the postings above so I thought I might as well give some thoughts on who Zou's walk should scale to.
We have a calculation here for the actual trunk swing of Zunisha use against Jacky here at a lower result than the Zou's walk.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Stefano4444/Zunisha's_trunk_AP
In which case you should just powerscale it from his walk. His swing getting lower output does not mean he puts less effort in a fight than his normal walking. Besides one lower value does not negate a higher value. The lower value could fluctuate to be much higher or lower based on the speed, which we have no idea of. We using safe ends potentially downgrades the speed and we get lower results.

And I will see if I get time to do that. I will just post it here someone who is willing to can put it in a blog format

Adam of darkness said:
I dont usually interfere in VsB's discussions until someone asks me to, but this calc is absolutely bullWhat he splitted was sand itself. Sand IS a pulverized material.... so you cant use pulverization value for it. You can use KE but last time i did it I got building level iirc
If this is true, then I guess that make the calculation invalid; we could wait for it to be redone or use the other Desert Spardas where sand isn't the one being splitted;

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Damage3245/Crocodile's_Desert_Spada

or

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Stefano4444/Crocodile%27s_Desert_Sparda_and_Sandstorm_Recalc

There is no basis whatsoever for saying that the area Chinjao split is the size of Alabasta.

I know that in calcs you need to make basic assumptions sometimes; but they have to make sense or be defendable.

If the argument is 'Alabasta is an island in the One Piece world, therefore this other island should compare' then that argument is worthless because I could point out about ten much smaller islands in One Piece.

EDIT: BTW, I've almost finished the new low end and high end of Aokiji's calc. Should have it posted tonight.

Regardless the calc is flawed and needs to be redone with a more accurate size, the argument that Chinjao didn't spilt the entire thing no longer holds and the durability of the ice makes no sense. They used the durability of rock which makes zero sense given the fact that it was struck with multiple pickaxes, which are literally meant to break rocks. And given that Flamethrowers didn't even do anything to the ice the durability of iron or steel should be used.

The latter point of using a higher durability of material at least makes sense. I'd be interested in seeing the results.

Sounds fine to me.

I've completed the remake of Aokiji's calc but I need to discuss it a bit more with Calaca before it is applicable.

There is a feat for General Franky that I think can be calced, and I think I can calc one of Blackbeard's feats but I'm not entirely sure yet.

Okay, I'll put a hold on that one.

And yah, it's the General Cannon.

The Tsunami calc can be low-balled by using the furthest distance to horizen seen w/ Marineford war. there's no shot showing any nearby islands, but we know Sabaody isn't very far. It would give a diameter of, at minimum, 145km, maybe upwards of 400km. Probably a 6-C feat depending on the method.

We don't know the width of the grand line, and using a map that uses icons will not work.

@Calaca - Plate movements and Meteor impact are both applicable. The latter was acceptable here (mostly because the former resulted in 6-A+ results assuming the entire world was quaking, imo). Idk how to calculate earth-quakes at all, though.

Well it worths the try. I have seen that NF calc isn't accepted here because A) the method they use la flawed and B) it's considered an outlier.

For A I have nothing to way since IDK a thing about those Type of calcs but B is for BS since this is a God Tier we're talking about.

Regarding Zunisha's trunk feat, I think people missed something important:

Top left panel we see that the ships are still positioned to the middle left of Zou when he winds up the attack. It traveled a greater distance than what is calculated. Also, IDK if we should use KE for an assumed time-frame of 15 seconds. But I'm shocked that we use more than 10 seconds given that no one had time to properly react. Everyone was freaking out and Jack didn't know what to do, let alone give a command.

They see it wind up its trunk, we see the trunk already closing in on Jack, Jack is shocked, everyone screams, and they get struck by the time any of them start trying to run away.

Even if we still use the 15 second time-frame, i recommend including that the trunk had to travel a further distance as Zunisha would have needed to turn his body to even land the strike.

Jack had time to react; his reaction was just shock and silence. As you said, everyone was freaking out and some of them were even running away. This doesn't mean they had no time to react.

We only start seeing them react when the trunk is already closing in less than 1km away. By the time it's basically next to the ship, we see people just starting to run.

Yes, a timeframe of 30 seconds is a little too long and for the most part i agree, but i had to consider a Low End that most people could agree on, and for many 15 seconds could have been too small for an acceptable timeframe.

Even the acceptable degree of Zunisha's trunk should be higher in my opinion, 180┬░ instead of 135┬░, this is even back up by the Anime.

@Stefano - Anime should not be considered here for vast disparity compared to the original source (no matter what. This would imply Zoro = Fujitora and many many more contradictions, post time-skip especially). But the trunk was shown pointing directly to the right, possibly slightly upward, so 180 degrees is already reasonable for the manga.

And the trunk isn't the only thing that moved. Zunisha had to rotate his body at least 80 to 100 degrees to actually land the attack when the ships are located directly to the left of his body, and not his head.

By the way the original calc for the size/mass of the iceburg that Jozu threw no longer exists, so I'll try to remake that and the calcs for him throwing it and Akainu vaporizing it.

They're not exactly critical calcs but I don't like them currently being based on something we cannot verify.

Wasn't only the head (along with the truck) that Zunisha had to move to hit Jack rather than the entire body? Even then, how much exactly it would change the result and how it can be applied in the calc? Do i just need to add 80┬░ degree to 180┬░ and its done?

Back