• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Scaling and Calcs #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, regarding Doflamingo's AP - the calc is for the durability of his strings. Attack potency does not necessarily scale to durability - so Doflamingo's attacks (Awakened or not) aren't necessarily High 7-A+.

His attacks should be in the area of 7-A to High 7-A, and he wasn't able to hurt Gear 4 Luffy with his attacks.

I think we can scale Dressrosa Arc Gear 4 Luffy to At least High 7-A+ at most. Only past the Katakuri fight should we consider Gear 4 to be solidly Island level.

Ugarik said:
Are Daifuku and Vinsmokes scaled from Oven?
Currently, yeah. (Although technically Daifuku is scaled from Sanji, who is scaled from Oven).

Well, the scalings that have been written out so far are rough guidelines.

In order for the changes to actually take place we need to write out all of the justifications for each characters so we don't get profiles like this:

Aokiji

Attack Potency: Island level via powerscaling

Durability: Island level via powerscaling

Those kinds of profiles are rubbish.

So most of Stefano's suggestions are likely alright, but we will need to start writing out what the justifications are to ensure it's consistent.

Also, I don't think we can rate anyone as 'At least 6-C' yet. We don't have enough basis for that, considering we only have a single 6-C calc for the verse and it's on the low-end of 6-C.

Can I just take a moment to say who wonderful it is the One Piece section has so many calcs for so many feats. Its great because it helps remove outliers and I notice in the last few months that we aren't afraid to find mistakes with past ones and address them for credibility. plus we're taking the time to make sure the justifications make snese or at least exist.

Kudos to the ones making calculations around here is all I want to say.

Damage is correct. Even Kaido should be 6-C but by an unknown degree and he's the strongest character we've seen so far.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Remember when Luffy was Low 6-B, 6-B with King Kong Gun
Oh, how times change
Technically that's what started this whole downgrade saga IIRC. I was surprised to see that Luffy got such a high rating so I started doing research into the calcs to see how legit they were.

On a side note, I'm starting to write out the justifications for as many characters as I can. I'll be uploading them to a sandbox when I've gotten through a decent chunk of them and I'll submit them for review.

I'll probably have the initial draft up by tomorrow.

Yeah, but it doesn't help much since we've no views of the islands and we have no clear size for the Red Line's length or width.

Edit: I just noticed the scan is in spanish kek.

Damage3245 said:
Also, regarding Doflamingo's AP - the calc is for the durability of his strings. Attack potency does not necessarily scale to durability - so Doflamingo's attacks (Awakened or not) aren't necessarily High 7-A+.
You are not wrong, but at the same time Awakening strings had be capable to hold back Gear 4th Luffy and withstand his attacks when standard strings couldn't do the same, as Luffy had be forced to use the King Kong Gun for overpowering Doffy's God Execution.

And logically speaking, the Awakening attacks are assumed to be superior than any other techniques in Doffy's arsenal, meaning in theory the God Thread should in theory be capable to destroy the Birdcage.

So Gear 4th Luffy should be 'At least High 7-A+' (even just with the King Kong Gun), while Doffy he should be 'At least High 7-A' even without Awakening, since he was still capable to block Jozu in the middle of his attack meaning he isn't too far away from the Top Yonkou Commanders in term of strength, making him likely above someone like Charlotte Oven.

I think the term of 'attack potency' meaning destructive capability chareacter potentially perform. So technically, Luffy AT in 4th Gear is based on King Kong Gun or Cannon Ball or something like that. Am I wrong?

I calculated OP planet to be about 67000 km in diameter as the lowest possible value (unless Oda messed up with 50 km river)

I think he did mess up with it tbh. I'd honestly rather wait till we get some more official information on the OP planet.

Why do they still remain miss calc feats in calculation section in One piece pages, like Planet's size, 6B characters,... while they accept to downgrade all characters.

Gianglebatruong said:
Why do they still remain miss calc feats in calculation section in One piece pages, like Planet's size, 6B characters,... while they accept to downgrade all characters.
It's just that the verse page hasn't been updated yet to remove the old calcs.

When the character pages get updated, the verse page will be updated as well.

I've requested a calc that should hopefully shed some more light on Luffy's base-form strength.

Also, I think we should calc the huge explosion made by Gladius in the side of the plateau. Right now a lot of Doflamingo's officers don't have any calced feats and rely a lot on just scaling.

I'll add any calcs to the current list because we should list them all on the verse. Do you have a link for the calc?

Yeah, I agree with Stefano.

Is the Thousand Sunny's rocket booster as powerful as the Gaon Cannon? Because Big Mom takes that to the face (though obviously Big Mom would scale much higher to whatever the Gaon Cannon's result is).

IIRC Coup de Burst uses one barrel of cola to make the regular boost.

Gaon Cannon requires three barrels just for the blast and two to activate the Coup de Burst to avoid getting propelled backwards.

So, in any case, Big Mom received at best the half of the blast if we say they were in a hurry and used 1.5 barrels of cola. Unless proven otherwise she tanked a 1/3 of that.

But again I could be wrong. There's nothing suggesting the Coup du Burst is equally strong as the Gaon Cannon and considering it uses 2 barrels to null 3 barrels then we might be able to say Coup du Burst is stronger.

Ah right, I had forgotten about the amount of cola used up.

The only good way I found to scale the blast is with Surume's tentacle. If we found the regular width we could scale it. Using Neptune or any other character would be incorrect since they are much closer to the camera.

Edit: Or using this

Stefano updated his Zunisha's calc due to a pixel misread. The lowest result is 4.5GT now.

And if Ugarik's calc about the absolute minimum for OP's Earth gets accepted most of the bigger feats would be affected (Meteors, Birdcage and Ice Age).

Hmm, I'm not sure about the usability of this Earth size tbh. I'm not keen on inflating calcs with larger planet sizes to get higher results.

Right now it's only based on the way Alabasta was drawn connected with the statement about the width of the river, but I don't think that alone should be enough to upgrade the entire verse.

Like; if we say the planet is much bigger and therefore has a higher gravitional pull, we have no evidence suggesting a higher gravity other than the calc itself. Nothing in the manga suggests higher than standard Earth gravity.

I might sound like just complaining for the sake of complaining but this is the side of calcs (and over-reliance on calcs) that I genuinely dislike.

I don't know how the pressure and gravity would be affected but even then we're talking about a planet with 6 moons and that wild weather. Looking for every single flaw to disprove it's kinda presumptuous.

Is there any statement about Toriko's planet gravity being higher or lower than our Earth's gravity?

And even then I've some questions about using the Earth's atmosphere since I'm not sure if your argument about the clouds and the raindrops is correct or at least accurate.

> Is there any statement about Toriko's planet gravity being higher or lower than our Earth's gravity?

Apparently the gravity on the Toriko planet increases the further down you, so 20 km below the surface the gravity is like 5 times stronger.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me tbh.

EDIT: On a side note, I'll added Hajrudin's new calc to the OP. We have solid ratings for himself and Machvise now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back