• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Disastrous Novel of Saiki Kusuo (Last Attempt at Salvation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this thread is rejected
It isnt rejected yet, Mr Bambu might change his mind

If he doesnt I guess it is “rejected” but tbh the people that disagree already disagreed in the past so does it change much? Also a lot of blue names agreed soo

Which is it using novel as reference to explain the ability? Was i supposed to say "Yup, it makes sense, he has lived 2 lives one in novel and other in manga and thus gained this ability from novel and explained it in manga"? My apologies. I disagree with such an interpretation. If it's anything other than novel reference feel free to get to it.
This is neither what he said or what I meant. I told you not to twist his words, that analogy you used did so. Whether you disagree or not is not what I was talking about.
I will give my input shortly about the matter

Which is it using novel as reference to explain the ability? Was i supposed to say "Yup, it makes sense, he has lived 2 lives one in novel and other in manga and thus gained this ability from novel and explained it in manga"? My apologies. I disagree with such an interpretation. If it's anything other than novel reference feel free to get to it.
He isn't saying he lived to lives. When you're arguing also look at the person perspective. We're not in any form of competition here.
From his perspective in the manga the main character talks about a novel and uses it in explanation of one of his abilities. This isn't like tensura referencing dragon ball or other stuff other manga does. This is more complex as the novel in question is about the same person in the manga. He is saying that if saiki references the novel and an ability he has originated from that novel coupled with other references then there must be canonicity somehow tied to that novel. If not you'd have a Canon ability originating from a non Canon novel. From you're point of view most of his points are just gag moments and breaking the 4th wall.
On whichever side you are on the argument see the other person side "stuff like well by that logic the mcu is Canon to marvel comics " is like just not remotely close.

thats not what he said

He never claimed he lived 2 lives. He's moreso saying this "i now have no timelimit to my teleportation, didn't you read about it in the novel?"

This is neither what he said or what I meant. I told you not to twist his words, that analogy you used did so
My analogy was merely an example of what "Kinds" of things are references and what's "needed" to prove such references can be treated as canon and related scalings. I don't know what do u mean by twisting whatever eh?

And for ur second post, reference is still an reference if about an other media through forthwall break, same as MCU outright referencing his comics in the show. If seiki had said smth like "It's an ability same as my alternate self" or anything like of Universe or had suggested that the novel he's referencing is anything more than reference, I'd bought it. But it didn't. I still don't get what u mean with twisting btw. I think grasping essence of what i said rather than than whatever u have grasped (idk truly) might help.

thats not what he said

He never claimed he lived 2 lives. He's moreso saying this "i now have no timelimit to my teleportation, didn't you read about it in the novel?"
That's what I'm saying, he don't have 2 lives. Novel life doesn't exist. That's merely a comedic/forthwall reference, a most common one at that. U can see Deadpool and various actors doing so.

If the novel life doesnt exists how did Kusuo gain a power from that novel?

Okay I have another idea, wouldnt that scan mean Manga Kusuo has all the abilities of Novel Kusuo. Does that make sense?

I should talk DontTalk about this, maybe we can find a common ground

That's what I'm saying, he don't have 2 lives. Novel life doesn't exist. That's merely a comedic/forthwall reference, a most common one at that. U can see Deadpool and various actors doing so.
but he's saying its an ability from the novel, anyway wouldn't it still mean that his abilities in the novel happen in the manga

but he's saying its an ability from the novel,
What does this statement mean then if he said that? Definitely not a forthwall break or referencing his own other medias. Smth like this novel is an alternate timeline or universe in the multiverse where he has that ability and this ability is same as that? I think I can see the point.

What does this statement mean then if he said that? Definitely not a forthwall break or referencing his own other medias. Smth like this novel is an alternate timeline or universe in the multiverse where he has that ability and this ability is same as that? I think I can see the point.
It is a 4th wall break, nobody is denying that, but someone is breaking the 4th wall to inform you where it's stated that the ability works like that. Similar to those little things you see in comics detailing issues certain events happened leading up to that comic, but a character is saying it this time

It is a 4th wall break, nobody is denying that, but someone is breaking the 4th wall to inform you where it's stated that the ability works like that. Similar to those little things you see in comics detailing issues certain events happened leading up to that comic, but a character is saying it this time
And this imply canonicity in some way?

DontTalk mentions that the novel is a crossover event, using this to show that it is non-canon. I see this as valid evidence to counter the fact that one uses abilities gleaned from it- the quotes he used even mentions non-canon abilities applied to people who wouldn't normally have them, at least somewhat furthering the argument, although I'm curious whether you can conjure some reasonable other explanation. I suppose that this is the last bit I see as tenuous and will decide where my vote rests.

DontTalk mentions that the novel is a crossover event, using this to show that it is non-canon.
Its only a mild crossover at the finale from what I remember. Even then how does that make the novel non-canon? It would at best mean Kusuo doesnt scale to their characters original versions which he does not
even mentions non-canon abilities applied to people who wouldn't normally have them, at least somewhat furthering the argument,
I think you misunderstood that scan or because of lack of context. That character A is allegedly from another universe and he crosses to Kusuos novel to take over

Now in this scene Kusuo makes a joke about how he probably cannot do that in his own series since the Character A’s series does not take the novel as canon. While Kusuo does

Basically Kusuos side is canon because he references it several times and thats why he gains abilities from the novel while the other Character A is a simple crossover thing that is non-canon to his own series

Now that I think about it, it may not even be a crossover and more of a parody lol.

Anyways for my final argument @Mr._Bambu, I believe the several scans showing connections with the novel paired with both of them sharing the same places and the novel even sharing the same events that happened in the manga (Mind you this isnt even done with fourth wall breaking, novel nendou somehow remembers a promise manga nendou did without breaking the fourth wall) and all of this is supported by Kusuo gaining an entirely new buff and ability with the sole reason being the novels existence plus with how there isnt anything inconsistent leads me to believe Saiki should either gain the abilities of the novel or just completely take it as canon.

I’ll leave this to your judgement.

Last edited:
@DontTalkDT If you'd be so kind, I would like to hear your expanded upon thoughts on this, given that you summoned me here in the first place and it is, largely, his word against yours.

Isn't he on break of month or 2?
He is sparsely on for now, yes- however, I would consider it inappropriate to vote without hearing a newfound rebuttal from him, given that voting early before sparked the new posts from Shion, landing us here.

I've no problem with waiting.

I've no problem with waiting.
“So yeah, if you want something from me in a thread, either get it done without me or wait for ages. Idc.”

- DontTalk

Can we please get this going? Either agree or disagree. I dont want to keep this open for over a month or whatever 🥲

“So yeah, if you want something from me in a thread, either get it done without me or wait for ages. Idc.”

- DontTalk

Can we please get this going? Either agree or disagree. I dont want to keep this open for over a month or whatever 🥲
nah, we keep it open tell DontTalk returns to stop this thread

- DontTalk

The wiki does, and always has, grind onward at a tectonic pace. Threads drone onwards into the darkness without resolution because all of the people working on them simultaneously saw a squirrel out their window or something and got distracted. A month is essentially no time at all.

You push me to make a decision without the benefit of the opposition's post and rebuttal. You do this because you want a hastier resolution. In that case, I will revert to my previous position- I think there is a sensible argument that these amount to little more than gags and fourth wall breaks, and that the presence of one ability does not necessarily mean that the events of this novel are reliably canon.

I agree with DontTalk.

You push me to make a decision without the benefit of the opposition's post and rebuttal. You do this because you want a hastier resolution. In that case, I will revert to my previous position- I think there is a sensible argument that these amount to little more than gags and fourth wall breaks, and that the presence of one ability does not necessarily mean that the events of this novel are reliably canon.

I agree with DontTalk.
then can you close this thread?

I just want to end it

I will remake it later maybe when DT comes back

Last edited:
Like I have a freedom, I aint waiting for however long DT is gonna do his work or whatever.

What if he never comes back? What if he doesnt come back? This is such a stupid idea, if I was gone I am %100 sure DT would have called staff and got it accepted whilst I was gone.

Its not like I am a lower class than him, we are both humans. Last time I checked slavery and stuff were illegal lol

Like I have a freedom, I aint waiting for however long DT is gonna do his work or whatever.

What if he never comes back? What if he doesnt come back? This is such a stupid idea, if I was gone I am %100 sure DT would have called staff and got it accepted whilst I was gone.

Its not like I am a lower class than him, we are both humans. Last time I checked slavery and stuff were illegal lol
yeah and what if the earth explodes, that would be pretty messed up too

then you'd be a... slave, somehow? and also exploded.

really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back