• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swordsmen are known to create "Black Blades", or Kokuto, over time, by using Koka over a sword, which makes the sword much more durable. This can go another level, creating permanent black blades, which are effects of using Haki in a sword over and over again over the course of many battles. They seem to be "forged" with Haki, keeping the black color at all times. These swords are stronger than normal blades, mainly known because of their impressive resilience. Zoro says that even if a dinosaur stepped on it, it wouldn't bend an inch. It is stated that should a swordsman turn their sword into a Black Blade, then its grade would increase in rank.

Swordsmen are known to create "Black Blades", or Kokuto, over time, by using Koka over a sword, which makes the sword much more durable. This can go another level, creating permanent black blades, which are effects of using Haki in a sword over and over again over the course of many battles. They seem to be "forged" with Haki, keeping the black color at all times. These swords are stronger than normal blades, mainly known because of their impressive resilience. Zoro says that even if a dinosaur stepped on it, it wouldn't bend an inch. It is stated that should a swordsman turn their sword into a Black Blade, then its grade would increase in rank.
Looks great, might removed the "over time" though as it caused confusion on how it functions differently to the permanent ones.
Moving on from that, I remember it was discussed off-site about Busoshoku Haki being some form of Soul driven power/soul manipulation, figured it would be worth bringing up now. Examples supporting that would be:
  • Big Mom using her soul powers to steal the Haki from Gear Fourth Luffy's boundman forcing him to leave the form.
  • When Big Mom produced souls it had the same sound effect as Buso haki being activated.
  • Law switching the souls of the straw hats but apparently Sanji could still use haki.
Also, could I get your thoughts on this.

I'm a bit unclear about how this works: Buso Haki Elemental Intang Negation, and Regen Negation.

Elemental Intang Negation: If, for example, there were characters that are made of their elements, for example Fireboy and Watergirl. Assuming they had the properties of a logia user but their elements are their "true body/form", how would Haki interact with them?

Regen Negation: "Haki users are capable of negating non-natural regeneration", meaning that any other regen, as long as it's natural, doesn't get negated?

Hyogoro himself says he can't use Beyond Advanced Stage which is why that stage exists in the first place as it's a level above his advanced usage. Rayleigh's gif example was of regular Advanced usage.
Great! Thanks for this, I forgot....
They couldn't harm them, for example Buso didn't allow Luffy to harm Prometheus.
Makes sense to me
Read here for the explanation.
aaa I remember this

Alright I get it thanks again Emin (and KT)

Soul Manipulation: Haki is used by manifesting the power of Spiritual Energy.
  • Switching the souls of users do not remove their capability of using Haki, as Sanji could use Kenbunshoku while in Nami's body.
  • Big Mom's soul powers could drain Busoshoku from Luffy

Soul Manipulation: Haki is used by manifesting the power of Spiritual Energy.
  • Switching the souls of users do not remove their capability of using Haki, as Sanji could use Kenbunshoku while in Nami's body.
Would that means Zoro gets Resistance to Soul Manipulation instead of Energy Absorption

Because of situations like this
0519-017.png

0569-010.png

0865-010.png
0865-012.png
0865-011.png

1041-014.png

0434-006.png

0634-012.png
Haoshoku Haki will be given shockwave generation for users on their own without the need of clashes

In the first scan, people are slightly pushed back by Luffy's Haoshoku
In the second scan, we see small shockwave based clouds being pushed up from Luffy's Haoshoku, also we see
In the third line, objects in the air are reflected back and destroyed due to her Haoshoku. Air pressure would just redirect missiles, but they were flat out destroyed in mid air
In the fourth one, Kaido's outburst of Haoshoku pushed Luffy back. Like we see them fight prior and he lands, then he uses Hao again and he has to cover himself. We see the landscape being destroyed, we see rocks not just breaking off, but flying, we see a lot
Fifth one is obvious. Shanks' haki can destroy the surroundings
Sixth one is hard to notice. Look at the right at the clouds at the top, vs the middle left at the clouds. In the middle left, the clouds are moving away from Luffy.

I linked the anime for support

Clashes just make it more potent, but the shockwave is there

Big Mom's soul powers could drain Busoshoku from Luffy

This is something I believe is not yet fully confirmed. Still going through the rest of the page.

Attack Reflection (Can reflects attacks directed towards the user)

This needs more elaboration. I remember plenty of times Armament Haki blocking attacks; not reflecting all attacks.

Weather Manipulation (Users of this Haki can absorb the elements that the user is able to manipulate)

Absorb the elements and manipulate them? Can you explain?

Last edited:
That's exactly what happened though.

I can see how it would be interpreted as that, but it still doesn't have hard confirmation.

Its for the barriers, Boa Marigold reflected Luffy's punch when it made impact with her barrier.

That might due to Luffy's rubbery body just bouncing off of a solid defense.

Initial Stage:
  • Examples include Luffy as of Marineford
This isn't anything haki related, it's stated that it's because of luffy's battle experience
ONE-PIECE-magazine-Vol-10-p046-ONE-PIECE-a-Kraa-2.jpg

Luffy's striking strength, not spoiled by his rubber abilities

It's not just a matter of time, but it's also a matter of how much you're willing to pay.
He has a firm grasp of his vulnerability to slashes and the risk of having his outstretched arm cut off, based on his many experiences in actual combat. Luffy, who experienced being ridden by an unprotected outstretched arm in a fight with Kuro, who boasts of high speed, during the Summit War
Luffy successfully avoided the danger of having his arm cut off by Mihawk.

• Soul and Energy Manipulation: Haki is used by manifesting the power of Spiritual Energy.
I don't think soul manipulation should be there... Its very unknown if big mom actually drained luffy's haki as luffy in gear 4th drains the haki fast as it utilities the most of his haki but as well as no where is it stated that haki has something to do with ones soul, haki follows the concept of Qi which has nothing to do with manipulating your soul.

0518-03-Ope-Ope-No-Mi-Vol-1.jpg

SKILL

[Shambles|

Comics Can
title
Japanese
First JC vol. 52, no. 504

inside a space
disconnection
ROOM, two objects in space or

spirit
Ush
the foreground and the background
Swap the position of the spirit. self and far away.

Ogona
If you do "shambles" with an object in

a linear motion
mobile
The space can be moved like an instantaneous movement by
Law is switching their spirits while it is probably correlated to the soul, that does not prove haki in being soul

Definitely not enough proof

Last edited:
I can see how it would be interpreted as that, but it still doesn't have hard confirmation.
I don't think it needs hard confirmation for what's being suggested, she used her soul fruit and Luffy's haki was drained like he said, not really sure what else could change that.
That might due to Luffy's rubbery body just bouncing off of a solid defense.
The way it reflected off was unnatural even considering Luffy bouncing off things normally.

I don't think it needs hard confirmation for what's being suggested, she used her soul fruit and Luffy's haki was drained like he said, not really sure what else could change that.

We don't see her Soul Fruit powers being active.

Luffy's Haki was getting drained probably just as a result of him switching back down to his base mode.

That's what her soul powers look like.
It does't look like the other instances to me.

Yes we did

That's not what happens when he leaves the form willingly, his powers were being drained as soon as Big Mom activated her soul powers.
That's a scene that took place at a later time when Luffy has better mastery over his G4 powers, and it's not like we see him powering down on-screen there anyway.

Also, Luffy doesn't even say that his Haki was draining, he said that the power was draining. He said the same thing in the latest chapter when he tried to stop his power escaping by covering his mouth and keep air inside him.

That's what her soul powers look like.
That's what haki looks like sometimes... This is the first time I have seen her soul powers looking like that.

Usually looks like this
https://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_617f9817c8904/6ca326d7df2683d49ad6ba8ecf5118d2/036.jpg

What do you think is acceptable to apply here, Damage?

Initial Stage:
  • Examples include Luffy as of Marineford
This isn't anything haki related, it's stated that it's because of luffy's battle experience
ONE-PIECE-magazine-Vol-10-p046-ONE-PIECE-a-Kraa-2.jpg

• Soul and Energy Manipulation: Haki is used by manifesting the power of Spiritual Energy.
I don't think soul manipulation should be there... Its very unknown if big mom actually drained luffy's haki as luffy in gear 4th drains the haki fast as it utilities the most of his haki but as well as no where is it stated that haki has something to do with ones soul, haki follows the concept of Qi which has nothing to do with manipulating your soul.

0518-03-Ope-Ope-No-Mi-Vol-1.jpg
Law is switching their spirits while it is probably correlated to the soul, that does not prove haki in being soul

Definitely not enough proof
I agree with everything else tho...

This is something I believe is not yet fully confirmed. Still going through the rest of the page.
alright
This needs more elaboration. I remember plenty of times Armament Haki blocking attacks; not reflecting all attacks.
Which is why I put it in Advanced for the emission, where it blatantly reflects attacks
Absorb the elements and manipulate them? Can you explain?
Copied the template from mitch's, accidentally didn't change a few of them

See I personally don't favor soul manip, but i'll leave it to whichever side doesn't concede

what else there is incorrect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back