• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Ok.

Well I'm tired and drained from working on this for months, but it's finally done.

“Haki' is a power that lies dormant in all the world's creatures.'Presence', 'fighting spirit' and 'intimidation.' It is not different from the things that humans can naturally sense such as these.'The act of not doubting'. That is strength!”

Today We'll be working on all types of haki.
We will be changing the aesthetic of the Haki page and modifying it to fit the new additions of Haki from the last... hundred chapters or so?

With the addition of new levels of Haki, many more users, and many more abilities, the page needs a redux.

This is the old Haki page
This is the new Haki page

On profiles, each and every one will be revised into this format

"(Insert Proficiency) Kenbunshoku, (Insert Proficiency) Busoshoku, (Insert Proficiency) Haoshoku"

If it is missing one
"(Insert Proficiency) Kenbunshoku, (Insert Proficiency) Busoshoku"
"(Insert Proficiency) Kenbunshoku, (Insert Proficiency) Haoshoku"
"(Insert Proficiency) Busoshoku, (Insert Proficiency) Haoshoku"

Ask any questions needed to be asked, give any feedback needed to be given, provide any revisions needed to be provided, criticize any portion needed to be criticized.

kgH.gif

Tabbers: Eminiteable, Kachon123, Lugh_Tuathe_Dé, Deceived, Baken384, Nierre, Eseseso, joshpiece
No Tabbers:
Neutral:

Last edited:
First of all, amazing job this was well needed.

I'll say for now I agree with almost everything there besides a few things regarding the Buso section which I will bring up in a second reply when I get the time, but overall the Hao & Kenbun sections are perfect.

I also personally prefer the version with tabbers and hope that is the one that's going to be used.

Looks great, although I would kinda propose Awakened Power for Haki since under the Accelerated Development, you have

I think this is an example of Awakened Power than Accelerated Development imo
Didn't even know that was an ability, I agree it's more like awakened power.

Didn't even know that was an ability, I agree it's more like awakened power.

Looks great, although I would kinda propose Awakened Power for Haki since under the Accelerated Development, you have

I think this is an example of Awakened Power than Accelerated Development imo
I think Awakened Power is like a fullbody stat amp that amps stats rather than provides an ability

In the Haoshoku section, I noticed this:

Further potent emotions allow the user's Haki to grow in strength, shown when a drunk Kaidou's Haki grows in potency as a byproduct of his rapidly changing emotions.
Would this counts as Empowerment?

First of all, amazing job this was well needed.

I'll say for now I agree with almost everything there besides a few things regarding the Buso section which I will bring up in a second reply when I get the time, but overall the Hao & Kenbun sections are perfect.

I also personally prefer the version with tabbers and hope that is the one that's going to be used.
^^

Thanks, and it's honestly in the hands of the thread watchers.

Inputting the page requires staff evaluations, but I guess that we could tally up votes for tabbers or not
I prefer it in tabber since it will shorten the scrolling but if the others wouldn't want it in tabber it could still work for me

I'm not sure if this has ever been brought up, but Rokushiki should at least be mentioned, as i'm pretty sure it's confirmed haki.

I'm not sure if this has ever been brought up, but Rokushiki should at least be mentioned, as i'm pretty sure it's confirmed haki.
It's confirmed to be related to Haki, but the specific correlation isn't really elaborated on.

Like we don't know if Soru counts or anything.

What about Iron Body being connected to CoA? Jinbe implied it in chapter 1017.
I guess I can add this
The Color of Observation and the Color of Arms are called by different names in different regions and are applied in many martial arts. There are also those who combine it with the power of the devil's fruit to sublimate the power of their supremacy even more powerfully. The mastery of Mantra and Rokushiki is achieved through training similar to the training of the Haki.
Copied and pasted from the databook

Also there's a small issue with the Initial Stage Buso, Tashigi was able to imbue her blade with armament haki (however there was no hardening) yet the initial stage doesn't seem to list that as an ability yet she's used as an example for it.

I'll cover this now:
Real quick

The databooks states that putting haki on weapons is a classic attribute.
Lodging it with a weapon!
This is the classic use of the Armament Haki. The Haki is imbued into a weapon on hand to greatly increase its power. An Armament Haki imbued weapon is effective against enemies who can neutralise the attacks from the rubber man or Logia type DF users. It can cause great damage to the opponent!

Comment for picture
An arrow imbued with haki is powerful enough to shatter a large tree trunk.
- Source
That's why I put it at Intermediate

As for Black Blades, I'm not sure that that should be put as a specific proficiency. It doesn't mean that they're better at Haki than others, it just means that they've managed to pull off certain long term feats of Haki.
  • Roronoa Zoro and Dracule Mihawk are listed as examples of the "Intermediate Stage" of Buso despite the fact they use can use Ryuo abilities from the Advanced stage.
I'm assuming this goes for above

Also there's a small issue with the Initial Stage Buso, Tashigi was able to imbue her blade with armament haki (however there was no hardening) yet the initial stage doesn't seem to list that as an ability yet she's used as an example for it.
Forgot to remove her from there. Thanks for reminding me

Real quick

The databooks states that putting haki on weapons is a classic attribute.
- Source
That's why I put it at Intermediate

As for Black Blades, I'm not sure that that should be put as a specific proficiency. It doesn't mean that they're better at Haki than others, it just means that they've managed to pull off certain long term feats of Haki.
I agree with putting Haki on weapons as a classic attribute and keeping that in intermediate, that's not what that CRT covers though and rather those who are stated able to turn their swords into black blades that can't be broken which is something regular haki doesn't grant.
I'm assuming this goes for above
Nope, it goes over what we we discussed in this thread and the fact that Zoro just has it in general.

Still in the middle of reading, but-

For: Soul Vision (Rayleigh said that Haki can see spirits and spiritual energy)
A scan linked to that would be good-Mostly cuz I don't remember that and I feel like others will ask-
Emotion Vision (Regularly sense the emotions and feelings of others)
Since it's more "sensing" than seeing shouldn't it be below the Enhanced Awareness instead?

This is beautiful holy moly.
I've been reading it for like 5+ minutes and I'm still on Observation Haki. Everything so far is extremely detailed.

I have one clarification question tho:

1) "The user, if imperfect with seeing the future, can not predict what will happen if they change their actions to respond to a predicted enemy attack. This also becomes prominent when even an advanced user is against an opponent with comparable or even superior levels of precognition. (Such as when Luffy could dodge Katakuri's attacks early in their fight)"

Could you (or someone else) explain this? I don't really get what it means (preferably give an example.....)

I agree with putting Haki on weapons as a classic attribute and keeping that in intermediate, that's not what that CRT covers though and rather those who are stated able to turn their swords into black blades that can't be broken which is something regular haki doesn't grant.

Nope, it goes over what we we discussed in this thread and the fact that Zoro just has it in general.
In that case, idk if that should go on the haki page in general.

This looks like a swordsman attribute that incorporates Haki rather than just a haki attribute. Like Rokushiki VOAT and how those are specific Haki uses

This is beautiful holy moly.
I've been reading it for like 5+ minutes and I'm still on Observation Haki. Everything so far is extremely detailed.
Thanks! I appreciate that
I have one clarification question tho:

1) "The user, if imperfect with seeing the future, can not predict what will happen if they change their actions to respond to a predicted enemy attack. This also becomes prominent when even an advanced user is against an opponent with comparable or even superior levels of precognition. (Such as when Luffy could dodge Katakuri's attacks early in their fight)"

Could you (or someone else) explain this? I don't really get what it means (preferably give an example.....)
If Luffy sees into the future, and he sees Smoker punching him on his left and he gets hit (let's call this timeline 1), Luffy will dodge (let's call this timeline 2) because of the effects of T1. Because of that, Luffy will see the effects of T1, but he wouldn't see the effects of T2

Because of that, Luffy will see the effects of T1, but he wouldn't see the effects of T2
Hmm
So if Smoker then used Haki to see Luffy dodge (T2), then instead punched to the right (T3), would Luffy be able to see the effects of T3?

Still in the middle of reading, but-

For: Soul Vision (Rayleigh said that Haki can see spirits and spiritual energy)
A scan linked to that would be good-Mostly cuz I don't remember that and I feel like others will ask-
Changed it to thiis
  • Soul Vision (Rayleigh said that Haki can see spiritual energy, and Usopp said that he could see spirits)
Sense spiritual energy
Usopp said he could see spirits

I could add references since that could help
Emotion Vision (Regularly sense the emotions and feelings of others)
Since it's more "sensing" than seeing shouldn't it be below the Enhanced Awareness instead?
I guess this is true

In that case, idk if that should go on the haki page in general.

This looks like a swordsman attribute that incorporates Haki rather than just a haki attribute. Like Rokushiki VOAT and how those are specific Haki uses
Possibly, although I feel in the intermediate section it should cover it briefly somewhere in the whole Black Blade forging section, even though Black blades and the permanent alteration in general seems swordsman exclusive it's still primarily described as a Haki ability.

But regardless of that, Zoro & Mihawk are Ryuo/advanced users and shouldn't be used as example for the intermediate stages.

Possibly, although I feel in the intermediate section it should cover it briefly somewhere in the whole Black Blade forging section, even though Black blades and the permanent alteration in general seems swordsman exclusive it's still primarily described as a Haki ability.
Now that, I can do
But regardless of that, Zoro & Mihawk are Ryuo/advanced users and shouldn't be used as example for the intermediate stages.
Fair, I'll remove them and add Vergo and Law

Wouldn't Advanced Stage of Conqueror's have at least limited space manip? Even without clashing, Luffy's first haoshoku coating strike to Kaido left space between them and more or less made physical contact with the air. I always attributed that to the fact that the attacks are-- well, bending space.

Moving on from that, I remember it was discussed off-site about Busoshoku Haki being some form of Soul driven power/soul manipulation, figured it would be worth bringing up now. Examples supporting that would be:
  • Big Mom using her soul powers to steal the Haki from Gear Fourth Luffy's boundman forcing him to leave the form.
  • When Big Mom produced souls it had the same sound effect as Buso haki being activated.
  • Law switching the souls of the straw hats but apparently Sanji could still use haki.

Also another question (I've now made it to Buso):

On the "Advanced Stage" of Buso, there are gifs that are meant to showcase utilization of Haki, but Raleigh and Hyogoro's use of Haki looks alot like BAS Haki. To me, especially Hyo's, it looks like they're pushing their haki into the opponent and hurting them from the inside. They even grab their opponent and do so. Has it been stated that they're not using BAS?

On the "Advanced Stage" of Buso, there are gifs that are meant to showcase utilization of Haki, but Raleigh and Hyogoro's use of Haki looks alot like BAS Haki. To me, especially Hyo's, it looks like they're pushing their haki into the opponent and hurting them from the inside. They even grab their opponent and do so. Has it been stated that they're not using BAS?
Hyogoro himself says he can't use Beyond Advanced Stage which is why that stage exists in the first place as it's a level above his advanced usage. Rayleigh's gif example was of regular Advanced usage.

actually just remembered, i mentioned the black blade portion
Swordsmen are known to create Black Blades over time, which are effects of using Haki in a weapon over and over again over the course of many battles.
I can change it to
Swordsmen are known to create "Black Blades", or Kokuto, over time, which are effects of using Haki in a sword over and over again over the course of many battles. They seem to be "stained" with Haki, keeping the black color at all times. These swords are stronger than normal blades, mainly known because of their impressive resilience. Zoro says that even if a dinosaur stepped on it, it wouldn't bend an inch. It is stated that should a swordsman turn their sword into a Black Blade, then its grade would increase in rank.
Wouldn't Advanced Stage of Conqueror's have at least limited space manip? Even without clashing, Luffy's first haoshoku coating strike to Kaido left space between them and more or less made physical contact with the air. I always attributed that to the fact that the attacks are-- well, bending space.
nada, this is covered in forcefield manip for buso.

that non-touching strike stuff is a combo of Advanced Hao and Advanced Buso, not just Hao. I put that for Hao already

Emin said it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back