• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece God Tiers and Top Tiers Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't respond to that fully tonight, but regarding these points at least:

Those are two different types of attacks. He couldn't cut Daz Bones with an air slash, but he sliced through him personally at close range with a direct slash.

It's possible that Garp just wasn't using Haki to defend himself from Luffy, whereas he'd normally have some level of Haki active in fights. That's the only way he could be "suppressing" his durability.
That's explainable

Those are two different types of attacks. He couldn't cut Daz Bones with an air slash, but he sliced through him personally at close range with a direct slash
Considering Zoro showed he could cut steel with his air slashes I don't believe this is the case with it just being two different types of sword attacks.

I think going back to the explanation "a good swordsman cuts what he wishes to cut" is probably what we should go by.

Blackbeard even admits that he doesn't have control over the fruit, and his crewmates even tell him to stop being reckless.
Honestly, this is THE biggest reason to argue it isn't a scaleable 6-B feat; Blackbeard can't throttle the power of the fruit and fails to destroy the island.

Unless we want to argue that, somehow, his inability to 'control' the fruit correlates to 'bad man can't quake hard because reasons' and makes him go from 6-B to unable to even perform a baseline 6-C feat when he's explicitly attempting to do so.

Yonkos

Like @Stefano4444 I'm actually fine with 6-B. The reason being it only applies to the top tiers. All of whom have been weakened in someway for high tiers to do anything. It is only when this fact is ignored that we get scaling issues. In other words everyone stays the same.

On this note @Damage3245 we still need a rule implemented so the same redundant disagreements with this don't derail threads.

Now as for Oden he only has two options

1. Scale to a version of Dojo that was 30 years younger for beating him in one night.
  2. Scale him to Kaido and the other Top Tiers for doing what they all failed to do.

The problem is the same for either option: Time. @CinCameron20 has brought up before that Kaido doesn't scale because of time but the same applies to the only other one he faced.

There are also his clashes with Roger and White beard, along with comments he is comparable to the PK and Rocks members. Again there is an age issue though I don't personally agree since Whiteboard was canon in his prime by 38. Owen's performance is also downplayed here.

Conclusion: there are no perfect options for Oden but I vote for 6-B because despite the issue of time it is the most consistent and only option outside of unknown or extreme reach.

Last edited:
Honestly, this is THE biggest reason to argue it isn't a scaleable 6-B feat; Blackbeard can't throttle the power of the fruit and fails to destroy the island.
Bro you know that technique isn't meant for destruction right.
It's meant just to tilt stuff and to let the waves destroy it.
The energy is being sent to the Seafloor, not the island.

Or, we can just argue that the Admirals have omnidirectional Haki, even though they only blocked one side of his attack.

Oh, thanks for informing me.

Still, it shows that Shima Yurashi isn't a 100% DC move

To answer your question I'm not use what readons are but had given the order "destroy Marine Headquarters" and was attempting to destroy it with the power of the gura gura no mi.

The correct answer to the question is that yes, Whitebeard was taking out random goons of the Marines with the swing that got intercepted. That is what they meant

Do you think Whitebeard is holding back in a war against his enemies? Because that seems to be the implication I'm getting.

These attacks are intended to destroy the island just like Akainu states and Whitebeard confirms.

Do you think Whitebeard is holding back in a war against his enemies? Because that seems to be the implication I'm getting.

These attacks are intended to destroy the island just like Akainu states and Whitebeard confirms.
but he wouldn't use his full power because Ace is still chained and his crew is still arround

How about we stick to what the scans show and not try to play whataboutisms with my claims, please.

The narrative shows Whitebeard swing, send Marines flying, and then send explicitly another shot. He then assumes the precise same stance.

Thankfully, my position is supported by the scans. Perhaps he simply doesn't want to kill his entire crew that he considers his family, which destroying the island in one fell swoop would accomplish? That thought we can discuss further I suppose since that's a guess

In case you missed it Whitebeard told his men "stay below this line" to prevent them getting hit. So no they wouldn't have been in danger.

Or when he launched his first shot "get down my sons"
but he wouldn't use his full power because Ace is still chained and his crew is still arround
He seemingly had no issue aiming directly for ace previously, where ace is in a situation where he can be killed by a single spear stab assumingly.

Ah that's fair. I was thinking you meant current. Small distinction without the prime attached. Incidentally their pages need breakdown of Keys.
Meh, why their current does not scale to 6C? Garp was able to hurt Marco, after all.

In case you missed it Whitebeard told his men "stay below this line" to prevent them getting hit. So no they wouldn't have been in danger.
Yeah, and he didn't destroy an island that he just said to destroy, so how do you explain it away honestly?

Well, if the Admirals aren't going to be 6C, i have no problem with Garp also not being. But can we please, stop with these useless lower endings? It makes no sense to give a H7A ending to Kaido, when he clearly isn't a H7A character.

Well, if the Admirals aren't going to be 6C, i have no problem with Garp also not being. But can we please, stop with these useless lower endings? It makes no sense to give a H7A ending to Kaido, when he clearly isn't a H7A character.
Yes, that would be an extreme low ball for the top tiers. As I said, I am fine with 6-B Yonko since no one else scales it fits top/God tier criteria.

Yeah, and he didn't destroy an island that he just said to destroy, so how do you explain it away honestly?
That he can't destroy Marineford in a single attack? I don't believe it was ever implied he could destroy Marineford with a single attack and considering the marines have walls of steel that can block his earthquakes it would not suprise me if their main Headquarters was durable enough to at least withstand his attacks somewhat.

So the argument falls in on itself then, since he blatantly has the breadth and depth necessary to wipe the island, but simply chooses not to for.....reasons. Even though he's throwing out attacks that would wipe it out, and has, but other times he just doesn't.

This is why all discussion of it warrants its own thread, and this derailment simply needs to go elsewhere

Didn't Damage specifically say to AVOID Admirals to Yonko scaling until the actual top tiers were decided.

If you wann stop derailing you can, you didn't need to send that lil paragraph filled with a whole bunch of nothings first.

Currently waiting on the response from Damage to King Tempest on the 6-B stuff, someone should porbably post this thread in the general discussion thread to try gain more attention.

The AOE fallacy would work against you, as Whitebeard can use quakes for the sole purpose of destroying Ice blades and Aokiji and nothing around them.

Technically speaking I don't think this example counts because Whitebeard is directing the force of his attack upwards, towards Aokiji, and there is nothing else in the sky for him to damage.

But anyway - you've done a good breakdown of Whitebeard's showing of AP feats and Area of Effect feats, but I still don't think it makes sense to scale the rest of the God Tiers to Whitebeard's strongest showing of his Devil Fruit power (a showing that wasn't used for AP against any individual, but just to create tsunamis), given that the rest of his showings with are consistently much lower.

For characters like Kaido and Big Mom at least, it makes more sense to scale them off of their actual feats instead of relying on the hype they get as being part of the Yonkou.

Regarding Whitebeard's / Blackbeard's tier, I would be okay with them being rated as "6-C, possibly 6-B" until we get more clarification as to their exact level of strength. I don't doubt that we'll get some more genuine feats from Blackbeard in the future using Whitebeard's Devil Fruit.

These characters like the Yonkou are "God Tiers", but they're not so unreachably high above the rest of the verse that their ratings should be as high as 6-B, compared to everybody else who are multiple tiers below them. I know not everyone has the same standards on what counts as an outlier or not, but this is my view on it.

On the matter of Blackbeard not destroying the island in one fell swoop being an anti-feat, just want to point out that the longer a user has a fruit the more powerful it becomes, because they learn how to use it to it's fullest potential. Blackbeard no matter how strong he is isn't gonna compare right away to a dude who's been holding for like, what, 40 years at the very least by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back