• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Film RED

ur acting like the notion prior to RED wasn't shanks still below kaido and luffy was top...now, shanks is no diffing big mom/kaido/luffy/buggy...

here's proof for anyone questioning me: https://vsbattles.com/threads/strongest-one-piece-characters-ranked-manga-spoilers.134198/ (only like 3 people had him in even the top 10 prior to RED spoilers)
I always knew he was top ten but he had no feats besides Oda saying he was equal ( or very close to ) to Mihawk in power, so maybe that's why people didn't know what to say about him.

I always knew he was top ten but he had no feats besides Oda saying he was equal ( or very close to ) to Mihawk in power, so maybe that's why people didn't know what to say about him.
Bro...
IMG_20220312_192509.jpg

One of the "Four Emperors" who reign in the "New World. Once an apprentice to Roger's pirates, he later went head-to-head with "Hawk-Eye" and eventually became an equal to "Whitebeard".

ur also acting like people weren't clowning mihawk as being a fodder as of the recent chapter events. thing is, he fodderizes current luffy rn.

So, what is the Uta's ability exactly because he can bring Enemies consciousness to another dimension/pocket dimension/ mental dimension / dream dimension / pockect reality what ever is that, but with that feats Shanks and the others should have Interdimesional Range Kenbunshoku haki Range and this type of Kenbun is an Advance things on Kenbunshoku Haki along side with the Future sight.

So, what is the Uta's ability exactly because he can bring Enemies consciousness to another dimension/pocket dimension/ mental dimension / dream dimension / pockect reality what ever is that, but with that feats Shanks and the others should have Interdimesional Range Kenbunshoku haki Range and this type of Kenbun is an Advance things on Kenbunshoku Haki along side with the Future sight.
And you know damn well Oda wrote these abilities to be for the characters as well, same with Shanks' abilities revealed in 4B, but 99% of people are gonna say "it's not canon so that doesn't count" smfh.

And you know damn well Oda wrote these abilities to be for the characters as well, same with Shanks' abilities revealed in 4B, but 99% of people are gonna say "it's not canon so that doesn't count" smfh.
The story is non canon, mean the fight is never happen and the feats is likely non exist, because Oda is very concerned about Shanks'( and the gang) strength, ability, fighting style, backstory and bounty that's the Canon things, not fighting scenes, let alone the story.

That makes no sense, if the abilities are canon then what the abilities can do is canon as well... For example let's say shanks haki can blow up a planet or something

Its an accurate representation of the characters, oda is heavily supervising it

Oh right also some other spoilers I heard regarding the ending of the movie from Chinese forums. It seems like Uta might’ve died at the end. She threw away the antidote that Shanks gave her for the mushroom that prevents her from falling asleep and was slowly killing her and decided to use her powers one last time to correct the mistakes she made in the movie by freeing the people that she controlled at the cost of her life. At least that’s what I’m getting from the bits and pieces of leaks I’ve seen. A few other Tieba post said the same thing but some believe the ending was an ambiguous open ending that doesn’t tell us whether or not Uta actually died.

Also there were also a few post complaining about how overpowered Uta was with her just countering everybody’s ability like Law’s devil fruit, being able to mind control 70% of the world’s population with her devil fruit, stomping the entire straw hat crew by herself, and all that stuff. Not sure how much of that is entirely true though.

That makes no sense, if the abilities are canon then what the abilities can do is canon as well... For example let's say shanks haki can blow up a planet or something

This

Who's say it doesn't.

The story is non canon, mean the fight is never happen and the feats is likely non exist, because Oda is very concerned about Shanks'( and the gang) strength, ability, fighting style, backstory and bounty that's the Canon things, not fighting scenes, let alone the story.
That's literally what I'm saying. Feats aren't canon, but the abilities should be.

Shanks: one of the four emperors, the leader of the red-haired pirates. 12 years ago the man who entrusted his hat to Luffy. 20 years old when he met Uta, 7 years as a daughter, but ... The king's color sighting kill (control their breath not to (opponent) predict the future) in the hand is love knife Griffin. The black cloak reflects the style of the king
My translation:
He is the leader of the Red-Haired Pirates, one of the Four Emperors, and the man who gave Luffy his straw hat 12 years ago. He met Uta when she was 20 years old, and raised her as his "daughter" for 7 years...

A Country of One's Own
Akagami Kaizokudan
hat
man
when he was 20 years old, he met Uta and raised her as his "daughter" for 7 years.
High King Color
"killing to see," a sign of control, not to see the future. | High King Color
"see through to kill", control of signs, not showing the future. | High color, "see and kill," control of signs, not showing the future.
Soo he can control someone's obs haki? sheesh

Last edited:
DeepL:
Hello everyone, I am a small spider.

About the King of Thieves theatrical version of the plot of "RED", I believe that there are already many anime fans have been almost dramatized it! Little spider also want to see the movie ah! Unfortunately, no, everywhere was dramatized, so I can only come to share a [red hair vs. the yellow ape] the highlights!

Red hair a knife second yellow ape! The general can only raise his hands in surrender

The camera turned, Shanks jumped up from the ground (I do not know if there is no master moon step), waving his love knife [Griffin] toward the admiral yellow ape, this sudden Shanks, but the yellow ape scared a lot.

The expression instantly became a classic expression bag, but also in line with his usual lazy justice. Although very surprised, but still quickly into the battle state, about to release the [eight feet of Joan hook jade], Shanks sword art faster, the two directly under the sword art and flash ability detonation.

It is the above picture shows, the yellow ape's big move to release half was Shanks' sword to crack, side reveals Shanks' speed is extremely fast, even the so-called [speed of light] yellow ape is not as good, so on, the yellow ape is naturally bound to lose.

Yellow ape see their ability to be easily broken, directly transformed into a photon to leave the sky, to the ground somewhere to avoid the pursuit of Shanks, but did not expect when the yellow ape arrived, Shanks appeared in front of him, but also to control him dead, so he could not get out.

Shanks took Griffin in front of the neck of the yellow ape, directly restrict his action, but also let him have to raise his hands in surrender, so that Shanks let him go.

This confrontation a few moves, directly to take down the yellow ape, and Shanks speed amazing, actually can instantly come to the yellow ape body, body art fear is cultivated to the extreme!

Look at Shanks body, in fact, his state is not very good, indicating that in stopping the yellow ape, it fought with some people, will be the soldiers summoned by Uta?

Another sub-mirror, the yellow ape hands surrendered enough to make him the admiral of the navy bieg dropped clean, plus he is such a character himself, it can not be helped!

Although they did not really fight, but with this shot is enough to officially declare [Shanks strong yellow ape]. And this is the theatrical version, can not really fight with the great general really fight on, so can only [to quickly win], said Shanks strength.

Closeups of Shanks face full of wounds, according to the information revealed by those who know, this injury in addition to the above yellow ape detonated [eight feet of Joan hook jade], there is a civilian beaten by the Utah control, the whole crew of red-haired pirates, but they did not fight back, this is the real man.

RED" theatrical version will let us see the gap between the [four emperors] and the [admiral], as long as the anime fans who have seen it believe that they will be convinced by the charm of Shanks. Also hope that mainland China can be released the theatrical version, estimated in October or November?

The above is all the content of this issue, fans who have different views on this can also leave comments to discuss. I'm Spider, a fan who likes to talk about anime and collect hand-me-downs, so follow me if you like. Article: Little Spider
Google translate:
Hello everyone, I'm Little Spider.

Regarding the plot of the One Piece theatrical version of "RED", I believe that many anime fans have already been spoiled by spoilers! The little spider also wants to watch a movie! It's a pity that it didn't, it was spoiled everywhere, so I can only share the wonderful clips of [Red Hair VS Yellow Monkey]!

The red-haired one-knife second yellow ape! The general can only raise his hand in surrender

As soon as the camera turned, Shanks jumped from the ground (I don't know if he had mastered the moon step), and waved his beloved knife [Griffin] towards Admiral Kizaru. The yellow monkey was frightened.

The expression instantly becomes a classic expression pack, which is also in line with his usual lazy justice. Although he was surprised, he quickly entered the battle state. When he was about to release [Bachi Qionggouyu], Shanks' swordsmanship was faster, and the two of them detonated directly under the swordsmanship and flashing ability.

As shown in the picture above, half of the release of Kizaru's ultimate move was cracked by Shanks' sword qi, and it was revealed from the side that Shanks' speed was extremely fast, not even as fast as Kizaru, who is known as the "speed of light", and so on. , the yellow monkey is naturally certain to lose.

Seeing that his ability was easily destroyed, Kizaru turned into a photon and left the sky, and came to a place on the ground to avoid Shanks' pursuit, but he didn't expect that when Kizaru arrived, Shanks appeared in front of him and also He controlled it so tightly that he couldn't get out.

Shanks held the Griffin in front of Kizaru's neck, directly restricting his movement, and also forced him to raise his hand to surrender, and let Shanks let him go.

It was only after a few fights that he directly took down the yellow monkey, and Shanks was so fast that he could come to the yellow monkey in an instant.

Taking a look at Shanks' body, in fact, his state is not very good. It means that when he stopped Kizaru, he had fought with some people. Could it be a soldier summoned by Uta?

In another scene, the surrender of Kizaru's hands is enough to make him a big admiral of the navy, and since he has such a personality, there is nothing he can do!

Although they didn't really fight, this shot is enough to officially announce [Shanks Strong Yellow Ape]. And this is the theatrical version, you can't really fight with the general, so you can only [win by fast], which is the strength of Shanks.

Shanks in the close-up is full of scars. According to the information disclosed by the insider, this scar was not only detonated by the above-mentioned Kiwi [Bachi Qionggou], but also was beaten by civilians controlled by Uta, a red-haired pirate. All members of the regiment are, but they did not fight back, this is the real man.

The theatrical version of "RED" will let us see the gap between [Four Emperors] and [Admiral]. Anime fans who have watched it believe that they will be convinced by the charm of Shanks. At the same time, I also hope that this theatrical version can be released in mainland China. It is estimated that it will be in October or November?

That's all the content of this issue, fans who have different opinions on this can also leave a message to discuss. I'm Little Spider, a lover who likes to talk about anime and collect figurines. Follow me if you like, see you in the next issue! Text: Little Spider
Bro... If this is accurate....

Most blatant FTL feat I think

That's like saying speed is canon but strength isn't
That's like saying Douglas Bullet scaling over the admirals and pre-wano Luffy scaling to him is canon.
That's like saying Luffy scaling to Z is canon.

Douglas' abilities are canon to the story. Z's as well. Their EVENTS are not, therefore whatever feats they display during those events are not canon. Patrick redfield (designed and created by Oda iirc) can create alternate worlds with stars in them and is said to be Roger's rival. That doesn't mean everyone in the verse is star level.
Shanks and his crew's haki abilities/techniques are canon, but if any of them display feats of speed or AP that far surpass the current canon, then it don't count. Unless there's good argument for it or Oda comes out and says "oh yeah they're as strong as you see in the movie"

That's like saying Douglas Bullet scaling over the admirals and pre-wano Luffy scaling to him is canon.
WHATTTTTTTT, NOT AT ALLLL
Douglas' abilities are canon to the story. Z's as well. Their EVENTS are not, therefore whatever feats they display during those events are not canon. Patrick redfield (designed and created by Oda iirc) can create alternate worlds with stars in them and is said to be Roger's rival. That doesn't mean everyone in the verse is star level.
Shanks and his crew's haki abilities/techniques are canon, but if any of them display feats of speed or AP that far surpass the current canon, then it don't count. Unless there's good argument for it or Oda comes out and says "oh yeah they're as strong as you see in the movie"
Nah, don't speak to me

Say sb does a calc of Shanks outspeeding Kizaru's light from this movie, would that be usable or not? He should be swifter than old rusty Rayleight & sick dying WB who have simular feats to this; was confirmed as Sengoku's superior; has a statement of easily fighting admiral level opponnents & made GB, who should be comperable to Kizaru, leave Wano with cold feet.

Last edited:
Bro... If abilities are canon then the feats are canon and are accurate representation of what the character can do... Oda wouldn't let for example gear 5 not be able to destroy a tree or something... He's supervising it and is heavily involved in it and the one accepting things that are accurate... It's accurate from oda... Boom it's usable and the feats and abilities are canon

You talking scaling... Plus some of these can easily be debatable af because of how they got defeated

Luffy had help with bullet and used a technique that's new and effective for bullet

And the same for shiki, luffy used all his power plus Amp with lightning against an OLD, out of prime shiki, who in canon gear 3rd luffy beat don chinjoa easily who could compete with garp...

Bro... If abilities are canon then the feats are canon and are accurate representation of what the character can do... Oda wouldn't let for example gear 5 not be able to destroy a tree or something... He's supervising it and is heavily involved in it and the one accepting things that are accurate... It's accurate from oda... Boom it's usable and the feats and abilities are canon

You talking scaling... Plus some of these can easily be debatable af because of how they got defeated

Luffy had help with bullet and used a technique that's new and effective for bullet

And the same for shiki, luffy used all his power plus Amp with lightning against an OLD, out of prime shiki, who in canon gear 3rd luffy beat don chinjoa easily who could compete with garp...
That’s not how it works unfortunately.

ur also acting like people weren't clowning mihawk as being a fodder as of the recent chapter events. thing is, he fodderizes current luffy rn.
I dunno man. If Luffy could knock out the world's strongest ( living ) creature I doubt he can't beat Mihawk, albeit with difficulty as he's about yonko tier from the implications we got. Btw them clowning Mihawk was mainly admiral fan girls saying he can't beat Jozu or exhausted pre ts gear second Luffy or crocodile or vista etc. They fail to realize an admiral nearly got split in half from Crocodile, and meanwhile Kuzan got clocked by Jozu, Vista and Marco drew blood from Akainu and in Marco's case had to get cuffed with Seastone. Difference is one of them have jobs centered around trying to clap pirates meanwhile warlords do not truly care that much about pirates and did the bare minimum at Marineford. Doflamingo, for example, did almost nothing. Moria, albeit a FORMER warlord, was jobbing so hard he messed around and got Saitama'd by pre ts Jinbe lol. Hancock and Blackbeard were rebels who, as we know for now, still didn't get punished for their shenanigans. And Buggy is excused as he's literally the one piece it self. He is the All Blue. He is god. Also Weevil was chilling in a Jacuzzi sipping some fine wine at the time of the war due to not yet being drafted ofc

Last edited:
I dunno man. If Luffy could knock out the world's strongest ( living ) creature I doubt he can't beat Mihawk, albeit with difficulty as he's about yonko tier from the implications we got. Btw them clowning Mihawk was mainly admiral fan girls saying he can't beat Jozu or exhausted pre ts gear second Luffy or crocodile or vista etc. They fail to realize an admiral nearly got split in half from Crocodile, and meanwhile Kuzan got clocked by Jozu, Vista and Marco drew blood from Akainu and in Marco's case had to get cuffed with Seastone. Difference is one of them have jobs centered around trying to clap pirates meanwhile warlords do not truly care that much about pirates and did the bare minimum at Marineford. Doflamingo, for example, did almost nothing. Moria, albeit a FORMER warlord, was jobbing so hard he messed around and got Saitama'd by pre ts Jinbe lol. Hancock and Blackbeard were rebels who, as we know for now, still didn't get punished for their shenanigans. And Buggy is excused as he's literally the one piece it self. He is the All Blue. He is god. Also Weevil was chilling in a Jacuzzi sipping some fine wine at the time of the war due to not yet being drafted ofc
Considering I’m labeled as a admiral fanboy according to u, everything u said is fodder as mihawk and admirals are just that strong.

Mihawk fought shanks with advanced conquers haki it seems. I'm just saying shanks looked like a swordsman in the movie

Back