• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Film RED

Say sb does a calc of Shanks outspeeding Kizaru's light from this movie, would that be usable or not? He should be swifter than old rusty Rayleight & sick dying WB who have simular feats to this; was confirmed as Sengoku's superior; has a statement of easily fighting admiral level opponnents & made GB, who should be comperable to Kizaru, leave Wano with cold feet.
Idk- that'd likely be a movie exclusive feat, but it stands to reason if Sanji, Sabo and others who're nowhere near Shanks have ftl feats that Shanks himself would make sense being that fast.

Okay so yeah the Chinese spoilers about Uta’s death at the end of the film is in fact true

So I guess those other spoilers about Uta’s ability being able to control 70% of the world and all that other stuff might be true as well.

I also heard Uta twerked on Fujitora during a song but I don't have an image or clip of that right now

I also heard Uta twerked on Fujitora during a song but I don't have an image or clip of that right now
wheeze-meme.gif

Oh right forgot to post this Film: Red character guide thing I found a while ago

Here’s an interesting tid bit on the monster that Uta summoned

Tot Musica

A demon king who appears when the forbidden song "Totomusica" is sung. His disastrous and powerful strength is said to be capable of destroying the world, and he is considered dangerous by the world government.

So Uta’s demon king summon has a world destroying statement apparently.

Oh right forgot to post this Film: Red character guide thing I found a while ago

Here’s an interesting tid bit on the monster that Uta summoned

Tot Musica

A demon king who appears when the forbidden song "Totomusica" is sung. His disastrous and powerful strength is said to be capable of destroying the world, and he is considered dangerous by the world government.

So Uta’s demon king summon has a world destroying statement apparently.

So Luffy and Shanks are planet level for taking down a monster that is stated to be planet level :troll:

Doesn't destroying the world not always mean planet levle in anime/manga due to how the Japanese word for "world" can be translated?

Destroying all civilization.

In a CRT for another manga verse, I brought this up when another creature had this statement and it was agreed to not be a planet lvl statement.
Did they say destroy all civilization or destroy the entire world?

The other verse? The character was said to "destroy the world" THREE TIMES.
I meant in this verse but eh. Either way the world isn't just civilization. It's number one definition is " the earth, together with all of its countries, peoples, and natural features "

It's just a matter of choosing the safest option. If the statement is vague, and there's no other statement or context that can narrow down or expand upon the meaning behind the main statement, then we use the lowest or just standard interpretation. It's case by case, but this is the general standard from what I've seen.

I think in the context of destroying the world we can see from the perspective of Uta's goal which is to create a virtual world and control what in it, we also see in the spoiler that the monster does no physical damage (at least in the footage I saw). So in my opinion destroying the world here has no literal meaning.

Full Film: Red summary is out
Important stuff regarding Uta and Tot Musica according to the full spoilers

So Tot Musica is an demon lord/devil king that was sealed in a music sheet from ancient times that is capable of destroying the world. Even while being sealed it’s something that possesses a will of it’s own like a zoan devil fruit. Due to this it was able to manipulate Uta and take over her body to destroy Elegia Island.

Upon singing it Uta shattered Bartolomeo’s soundproof barrier which nullified her normal devil fruit powers. Also the Gorosei said Tot Musica being unleashed is causing the virtual world to merge with the real world. The virtual world is a world that is identical to the real world and in it Uta is essentially nigh invincible and is capable of warping reality.

Damn it's been a while since the franchise touched on supernatural/otherworldly ideas. One of the only other times I remember OP touching up on otherworldly stuff was in film 5 with the four star gods and the literal cursed sword soul stuff.

Full Film: Red summary is out
Important stuff regarding Uta and Tot Musica according to the full spoilers

So Tot Musica is an demon lord/devil king that was sealed in a music sheet from ancient times that is capable of destroying the world. Even while being sealed it’s something that possesses a will of it’s own like a zoan devil fruit. Due to this it was able to manipulate Uta and take over her body to destroy Elegia Island.

Upon singing it Uta shattered Bartolomeo’s soundproof barrier which nullified her normal devil fruit powers. Also the Gorosei said Tot Musica being unleashed is causing the virtual world to merge with the real world. The virtual world is a world that is identical to the real world and in it Uta is essentially nigh invincible and is capable of warping reality.
So basically Uta is like the god hand ( berserk villains ) in that virtual realm but more powerful?

Back