• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Film RED

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
unknown.png

This is probably the most non canon a movie can get lol, not usopp and yasopp.😂
Edit: the only canon thing was luffy and shanks not seeing eachother lol.

So when does this movie take place?
well with how everything is portrayed its gotta somehow be after wano since yasopp hadn't meet usopp, but then with alot of other stuff it has to take place before there journey to one piece(aka final saga)...so basically if the spoilers are correct, i simply think this movie just takes place in an alternate universe, completely non canon.

well with how everything is portrayed its gotta somehow be after wano since yasopp hadn't meet usopp, but then with alot of other stuff it has to take place before there journey to one piece(aka final saga)...so basically if the spoilers are correct, i simply think this movie just takes place in an alternate universe, completely non canon.
I hope gear five and Yamatomato appear

May I ask why we are making a spoiler discussion thread when there probably won't be any worthwhile feats from this film?

So even the movie confirms Shanks is just a swordsman lol. Well, RIP Hakiman Shanks.
I doubt he's ONLY a swordsman. He used haki to block Akainu and he fought equally with Mihawk before, and even Mihawk has haki, as the strongest swordsman. And so did Whitebeard, and Roger, and Shiki who is comparable to Roger, and Zoro, and Big Mom, need I go on?

Last edited:
Wow, Shanks' haki was said to have made Momonga faint, Kizaru was sweating, he and Fujitora immediately backed off after seeing Shanks' haki.

Hey, I'm a little thinking, because Oda is involved too much in the movie this time, can you also say that Shanks' ability can be said to be Canon, you can say this is the same case as Shiki

Hey, I'm a little thinking, because Oda is involved too much in the movie this time, can you also say that Shanks' ability can be said to be Canon, you can say this is the same case as Shiki
About Uta and others, it can be said that it's non-Canon, but it's different with Shanks' abilities, it can't be said that this movie will also be the beginning of Shanks' abilities showing

About Uta and others, it can be said that it's non-Canon, but it's different with Shanks' abilities, it can't be said that this movie will also be the beginning of Shanks' abilities showing
The abilities shown in this movie will most likely be a reflection of Shanks' abilities in the main story later

Probably... But I guess we need more proof of it being accurate representation of the characters or something via oda or something or oda saying it's something that makes it canon/acceptable to use idk

Last edited:
What you think old whitebeard < Admirals?
Shanks isn't equal to old whitebeard. He's above him. One is completely healthy ( besides one missing arm but I think Oda even said it's not a hindrance anymore ) and one has mini heart attacks when he uses good Haki. Plus he's overall slower than the other emperors.

Shanks isn't equal to old whitebeard. He's above him. One is completely healthy ( besides one missing arm but I think Oda even said it's not a hindrance anymore ) and one has mini heart attacks when he uses good Haki. Plus he's overall slower than the other emperors.
IMG_20220312_192509.jpg

One of the "Four Emperors" who reign in the "New World. Once an apprentice to Roger's pirates, he later went head-to-head with "Hawk-Eye" and eventually became an equal to "Whitebeard".

Back