• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Like how? Its you who don’t treat him good, nothing new happened in fishman besides getting more excited and appreciate for girls which makes sense because of him having experience hell for 2 years in his perspective

And then we get a more in depth explanation to a lot of things of him in whole cake

Sanji pre timeskip is just a little more mysterious… bro was still willing to rather die then fight Kalifa and bro was still chasing women any time he could get
I'm not even talking about his development or anything, but it's how Oda will use him as a hypetool for various characters (some of which aren't even the main villains of the arc) and will overuse the gags about him being a pervert.
Like him sniffing Perona and almost dying from a nosebleed when Ishilly hugged him (if it wasn't that, it was something similar to it).
Before you say "Ah, but he didn't see any women for two whole years! So it's justified!" yes he did, it's Oda's fault completely if at least some of the Okama women on Kamabakka Kingdom aren't at least kind to Sanji and have basic understanding of social standards.

Before you say "Ah, but he didn't see any women for two whole years! So it's justified!" yes he did, it's Oda's fault completely if at least some of the Okama women on Kamabakka Kingdom aren't at least kind to Sanji and have basic understanding of social standards.
That’s just sanji’s character nothing to do with Oda… and if I remember correctly no one there was a real girl.. something Sanji said when arriving in sabaody
and will overuse the gags about him being a pervert.
Like him sniffing Perona and almost dying from a nosebleed when Ishilly hugged him (if it wasn't that, it was something similar to it).
The same way he overuses Zoro getting lost, usopp being a coward, Brook with his jokes, franky being super and stuff… to me they don’t ever feel overused because that’s their character personality… and it’s not just any character, it’s insanely ambitious characters, traveling the world
but it's how Oda will use him as a hypetool for various characters (some of which aren't even the main villains of the arc)
Well this just an assumption… we still see him defeat villains like queen and get power ups..

In egghead, he’s not there to fight, he’s there to protect and help the others escape, makings it seem like he’s a hype tool

Also just so people don't say I'm biased against Sanji or something, keep in mind I feel this way about other characters too.
I honestly just don't like some of the stuff Oda's been doing recently. He's still a good writer, though.

I seriously doubt it was Saturn. His god complex is even worse than the other CDs and the Holy Knights. He wouldn't... "do that" with someone with a normal lineage.
It's likely that it was Garling
Yeah, that's why I said possibly. Garling makes sense though, he's probably just popping out babies to sell.
Anyway speaking of him I really wish he got ACoA in Wano or something. At this point in the story I expect him to have at least one type of Advanced Haki, seeing how Zoro has two and Luffy had three.
Eh, I think he should've had Future Sight, and that would have comboed well with his speed, and been a cool way to counter Queen's invisibility.

Eh, I think he should've had Future Sight, and that would have comboed well with his speed, and been a cool way to counter Queen's invisibility.
What do you mean? He does have future sight! Remember that databook/info page talking about future sight and used him as an example?

That’s just sanji’s character nothing to do with Oda… and if I remember correctly no one there was a real girl.. something Sanji said when arriving in sabaody

depeche-mode-enjoy-the-silence.gif

The same way he overuses Zoro getting lost, usopp being a coward, Brook with his jokes, franky being super and stuff… to me they don’t ever feel overused because that’s their character personality… and it’s not just any character, it’s insanely ambitious characters, traveling the world
Zoro getting lost and Usopp being a coward aren't really funny anymore either, though.
In fact Usopp still being a coward this close to Elbaf is one of my biggest pet peeves with the series' current writing.
I agree.
Well this just an assumption… we still see him defeat villains like queen and get power ups..

In egghead, he’s not there to fight, he’s there to protect and help the others escape, makings it seem like he’s a hype tool
Yes, but he's still a hypetool most of the time, as seen in that screenshot I shared earlier, where the first results are quite literally him getting overpowered/beat up by:
Nusjuro (sort of, he at least got his lick in before Nusjuro bit him), Saturn, King, Kaku, Blueno, etc.

You can believe whatever you want, but again, it's pretty shallow to think that considering that's literally what One Piece is about.

It's just as bad as saying "No way Zoro decided to take the attack from Mihawk's black blade instead of stepping away or taking the hit to his back. He could've died and the entire crew would've been put in jeopardy" or "Ace is so stupid for getting himself killed over a yo mama joke. He could've easily ignored it and left."
I mean, yeah, there are some severe character weaknesses, I just feel like it was unfair to give him "No hands + no hitting women" and then give him the Raid Suit as a power-up and have it be related to his childhood trauma so he didn't want to use it. I suppose this weakness just seems lamer because it comes up so often.
I meant it more as "One Piece fan talking about Sanji" and not "Slend talking about One Piece," since most people seem to enjoy hating on Sanji while blatantly mischaracterizing him. My bad if I worded it in a way that offended you.
Offend is a strong word, I was just surprised.

Zoro getting lost and Usopp being a coward aren't really funny anymore either, though.
In fact Usopp still being a coward this close to Elbaf is one of my biggest pet peeves with the series' current writing.
Zoro being lost is always funny to me, Usopp while it's not always funny and is quite annoying at times, it's meant to be like that... That's still he's character personality

But yee usopp needs to step it up a little but it's quite hard to see him change much... Even a 2 years timeskip didn't change a lot with his personality/courage

Ohhhhhh

Ryuo isn't internal destruction, Ryuo is emission haki and an advanced version of Ryuo is Internal destruction gg

So the aura flow thing is basically Ryuo
0597-013.png
0871-009.png
0947-004.png

So initial is basically just aura, intermediate is hardening, advanced is Hardening + flowing Aura and beyond advanced is Hardening + flowing Aura movement

🤔👍

Last edited:
Ohhhhhh

Ryuo isn't internal destruction, Ryuo is emission haki and an advanced version of Ryuo is Internal destruction gg

So the aura flow thing is basically Ryuo
0597-013.png
0871-009.png
0947-004.png

So initial is basically just aura, intermediate is hardening, advanced is Hardening + Aura and beyond advanced is Hardening + Aura movement

🤔👍
Wait, wasn't Ryou just Wano's word for Armament? Kinda like when Skypiea called Observation Haki Mantra?

last time i read the manga luffy was abusing lucci, i did see some spoilers but i was too busy to read, cam someone recap
Luffy beating Lucci, Lucci down, Seraphim, evil Vegapunk, timeskip, Garp frozen, God Valley, Bonney mom, Bonney Mom die, Bonney Celestial Dragon, Evil Vegapunk down, Pacifista, Buster Call, Kizaru, Lucci fingers Stussy, Luffy vs Kizaru, Zoro vs Lucci, Sanji shoots Kaku, Luffy wins, Luffy sleepy, Saturn Spider Man, Bonney stab, Kuma pisses on the spider, Luffy back, Kizzy back, Luffy and Sanji winning, Kizzy down, 5 Elders, Giants, Lucci down, big robot somewhere, Elders fighting, done.

Like how? Its you who don’t treat him good, nothing new happened in fishman besides getting more excited and appreciate for girls which makes sense because of him having experience hell for 2 years in his perspective

And then we get a more in depth explanation to a lot of things of him in whole cake

Sanji pre timeskip is just a little more mysterious… bro was still willing to rather die then fight Kalifa and bro was still chasing women any time he could get
my goat

d538db6553e498d01764783cc32adcf1.jpg

Back