• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Nah... It's just a casual sword swing against luffy and crocodile blocked/redirected the attack, both the statement and the anime support that, no interpretation is needed
But that's not how it goes in the manga

Mihawk brings his sword down to attack Luffy

Mihawk reacts

Mihawk, now holding his sword in a different position than when he was about to attack Luffy, is forcing Crocodile's hook downward as he blocks the hit

Can't agree with either that statement or the anime version of that scene when the manga is showing something else.

But that's not how it goes in the manga

Mihawk brings his sword down to attack Luffy

Mihawk reacts

Mihawk, now holding his sword in a different position than when he was about to attack Luffy, is forcing Crocodile's hook downward as he blocks the hit

Can't agree with either that statement or the anime version of that scene when the manga is showing something else.

You're literally twisting what's happening in the manga

A slash attack from the right, clashes with croc and ends up going to the left... That's how swinging something works when it clashes

You're literally twisting what's happening in the manga

A slash attack from the right, clashes with croc and ends up going to the left... That's how swinging something works when it clashes
If anybody's twisting around what's happening, it would be you.

There was no clash. Crocodile was trying to sneak attack Mihawk (like he did multiple characters during that arc) and got blocked after he was sensed. You can tell by how Yoru is held stationary and in a different position than it was from when it was attacking while Crocodile's hook is the one showing motion lines and the source of the impact strike.

If anybody's twisting around what's happening, it would be you.
Statement supports my interpretation, anime supports my interpretation... HOW THE F AM I TWSTING ANYTHING... THERE'S NO REASON AT ALL FOR ME TO DO THAT... CROCODILE DOESN'T SCALE REGARDLESS

L IL JUDI J JOAO HA LG FL SASS PHD UPON

SO YOU SAYING, MIHAWK MAGICALLY STOPPED IN THE AIR WHEN SLASHING, WAITED TO LAND, AND THEN IS PUSHING DOWN CROCODILE FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON EVEN THO MIHAWK AFTER THAT ALTERCATION, STOPS... WHY WOULD HE STOP AT ALL IF HE'S RESTRAINING HIM AND PUSHING HIM DOWN OR DID YOU NOW CHANGE THE INTERPRETATION TO JUST BLOCK... THAT STILL DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AS HE'S STILL IN A SLASHING MOTION IN THE AIR AND THEN DOWN ON THE GROUND WITH THE SWORD FACING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION

LIKE BRO IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND WTF IS HAPPENING
chimpanzee-detective-chim.gif

Me done

ohhh yee, ignore everything else, believe your headcanon of what's happening.... that makes soo much sense 🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉

Yee in the future I'll have to remember to just stay away from people who act like this because ain't no way

Wasting my time on people who won't or need 10 different types of proof for them to switch their stance

Since his eye surgery, do y'all feel like Oda's art has improved? Or as I should clarify, has gotten cleaner? I personally believe so.

Last edited:
Y'all think we will get to see Shanks' fire sword and other even stronger fire moves again or he will be entirely focused on using Haki and the fire sword was just the Movie being cool?

Does film... I'm dumb was gonna ask if film red had any wano stuff/spoiler... Then I remembered gear 5 🐵

Best to watch after wano then? 🤔

That is the biggest rape face I've ever seen
Tbf Shanks' father is literally implied to be one.
Male Bonney looks like Shanks, for one, and Saturn says Ginny was made the 8th holy/special/what ever lady of Mariejois or something.
So basically, like father like son.

Does film... I'm dumb was gonna ask if film red had any wano stuff/spoiler... Then I remembered gear 5 🐵

Best to watch after wano then? 🤔
Well, outside of Wano gained power ups for some characters, I don't...think it has Wano spoilers?

Damn autocorrect put Wank instead of Wano lol. Also the power ups aren't even name dropped, they just...appear. and Gear 5 is the only one that is actually central focus.

Last edited:
Back