• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

The real sleeper pick is Brook. He didn't get shit in Onigashima, except taking out a few Numbers. He hasn't gotten to really stand out or show off since Thriller Bark, except for some brief moments in Fishman Island and WCI. He needs to 1v1 Laffitte.
Helped Robin & Ussop sneak into Kuri, helped Robin escape Orochi's castle, saved Nami from Zeus, broke Sanji out of his restrains, negged Black Maria's fire weapon & kept Robin safe after she ran out of juice. They made his ice power real cool❄️in the anime & had Robin join him with the💀jokes. Even tho he wasn't a main fighter there, he was still plenty helpful in Wano. He also saved the Nami, Brook, Momo & Chopper from their fate as abstract modern art garbage from Giolla back in Dressrosa.
Hypnotist Musician vs Hypnotist Dancer, I like it.

If people had called for him against Chu, it would have been the same damn thing.
What are you yapping about? I’ve already explained it to you multiple times what’s the problem with the dressrosa scene. Usopp would have left there asses if it wasn’t form them shouting out his name. In every other instance that usopp has been put in a situation like that he needed no outside force to fully dictate his discussion. So no the hell it wouldn’t be the same damm thing.

What are you yapping about? I’ve already explained it to you multiple times what’s the problem with the dressrosa scene. Usopp would have left there asses if it wasn’t form them shouting out his name. In every other instance that usopp has been put in a situation like that he needed no outside force to fully dictate his discussion. So no the hell it wouldn’t be the same damm thing.
He had more time pass in those. If you gave him like 2 minutes he would have come back. Besides, he was facing even greater odds and even greater stakes than he ever had before, with no chance of anyone coming to back him up.

He had more time pass in those. If you gave him like 2 minutes he would have come back. Besides, he was facing even greater odds and even greater stakes than he ever had before, with no chance of anyone coming to back him up.
He almost immediately started thinking of going back and fighting after chu left him. So what? His literally faced life and death situation multiple times on his own, this an’t any different.

He almost immediately started thinking of going back and fighting after chu left him.
He was literally running from him for a solid 5 minutes or something.
So what? His literally faced life and death situation multiple times on his own, this an’t any different.
He hasn't faced literally having a 99% chance of being erased from human memory after having a group of people eliminated in front of him, and having his own memories get all messed up and confused.

Say what you will about Luffy and Kuma, they always show up in the Nika time.
GDMDZ27WQAAlNKb.png

he was tourted in alabasta, almost got mauled to death in ennies lobby and nearly had his shadow taken in thriller bark. The only new thing in memory earsure.
Wow, almost like all of those at once in a situation with basically NO CHANCE OF SURVIVAL while literally being enslaved on a failure, and suffering the only "true death" that can exist, a man being forgotten, is worse than an individual one thing.

Rereading the latest chapters, I think Kuma is a bit of an author self-insert character. Sort of a "this is how I feel about fatherhood, I would do this" type of thing. The things happening to Kuma are probably like, "this is my worst nightmare," kinda stuff.

That, and the "found family" kinda thing that seems to be really important for the story, that seems to be relevant, or based on lived experience, especially considering Ivankov is a "friend of the author" character, showing that some of them are just "I met this guy" types.

Still a big fan of Kuma, the "self-insert" idea actually improves my perception.

It is said that a man only dies when he is forgotten. That is a huge part of the series. Also, when in the series has he been in a situation as dangerous for him as this one, not counting the shit he would not remember when he forgot Robin?
Cool, dosen’t really matter. I already gave you a couple. Going by Rebecca’s memory’s I doubt the entirety of ennies lobby was wiped from his memory.

Cool, dosen’t really matter.
It's almost like stories have themes, and characters in them often adhere to those themes.
I already gave you a couple.
No you didn't. Enel is the only close one.

His fight in Alabasta was a teamup, and the people they were fighting were weaker than them, hence the need for a 3v2.

In Enies Lobby, he didn't 1v1 any notable characters who actually had power.

In Thriller Bark, he specifically fought Perona because he was immune to her powers and was the only one who could 1v1 her.

It's almost like stories have themes, and characters in them often adhere to those themes.
And it’s almost like it doesn’t really matter. Usopps fears weren’t any different from all the other times his been put in these types of situations. His friends were counting on him and he almost screwed then over. He didn’t come back because he pulled himself together. He only came back because the people he lied to were shouting his name and dying. The scene sucked, nothing more nothing less
No you didn't. Enel is the only close one.

His fight in Alabasta was a teamup, and the people they were fighting were weaker than them, hence the need for a 3v2.

In Enies Lobby, he didn't 1v1 any notable characters who actually had power.

In Thriller Bark, he specifically fought Perona because he was immune to her powers and was the only one who could 1v1 her.
His skull got shatter, he got mauled by Jabari and he was almost abducted by zombies

Hypnotist Musician vs Hypnotist Dancer
Never thought of Laffitte as a dancer, but looking at it this way Brook vs Laffitte seems the best match up for both of them

Laffitte vs Nami doesn't make any sense IMO, we rarely have match ups being decided by "role" other than the combatant/swordsman "role" and Laffitte's hype is too much for Nami.

And it’s almost like it doesn’t really matter. Usopps fears weren’t any different from all the other times his been put in these types of situations. His friends were counting on him and he almost screwed then over. He didn’t come back because he pulled himself together. He only came back because the people he lied to were shouting his name and dying. The scene sucked, nothing more nothing less
He ran and came back in like a minute. This was the first time he'd actually been in trouble since he got into the New World, and there was no one who could help him in a one man vs one army scenario.
His skull got shatter, he got mauled by Jabari and he was almost abducted by zombies
Crazy how I didn't say he stomped them.

Back