• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Last time I checked Akainu has the highest AP out of all of the Admirals, defeated one walking out with scars while the other one lost a limb, and ended up being the Fleet Admiral.
Despite that Kuzan was still matching him for most of their battle.
Stop ignoring the fact that it was an extreme diff fight going on for 10 days.

Despite that Kuzan was still matching him for most of their battle.
Stop ignoring the fact that it was an extreme diff fight going on for 10 days.
Doesn't change the fact that he has better haki, better AP, and just as much experience as the other Admirals. Using him as a basis for being Admiral level is flat out idiotic

Doesn't change the fact that he has better haki,
What
better AP,
Not by a huge margin, again he still couldn't beat Kuzan for 10 days until what ever made him get strong enough to win the fight.
I just find this narrative that Queen is vastly inferior to King so weird, like, he's weaker, that's obvious, but he's not get fodderizad if he ever fights him.
I said he's vastly inferior to the Admirals when the **** did we ever mention King

Marco could interact with Aokiji, but couldn't interact with Akainu.
Not by a huge margin, again he still couldn't beat Kuzan for 10 days until what ever made him get strong enough to win the fight.
Doesn't change the fact that he simply scales above.

There are a lot of factors that could have played into that fight.

For example, Akainu was still heavily injured after his fight with Whitebeard, having shattered internals, while Aokiji was relatively fine.

Marco could interact with Aokiji, but couldn't interact with Akainu.
He only clashed with the other 2 when they weren't using their DFs.
Doesn't change the fact that he simply scales above.

There are a lot of factors that could have played into that fight.

For example, Akainu was still heavily injured after his fight with Whitebeard, having shattered internals, while Aokiji was relatively fine.
Do we even know when the fight happened??
Saying that Queen isn't in the same ballpark as the other guys mentioned above bruhhhhhh
Matchups.
Admirals have better Haki which in turn helps them because Queen can't touch them.
They also just have better stats overall which against helps them.
And his tech won't work on them, meanwhile some of his tech could work on King ( i.e lasers or trying to crush him with his neck ).
Of course, King still beats Queen, but Queen has a better chance against him than he does with the Admirals.
Also I still believe the Admirals beat King even if he has some stats on their level.

Matchups.
Admirals have better Haki which in turn helps them because Queen can't touch them.
They also just have better stats overall which against helps them.
And his tech won't work on them, meanwhile some of his tech could work on King ( i.e lasers or trying to crush him with his neck ).
Of course, King still beats Queen, but Queen has a better chance against him than he does with the Admirals.
Also I still believe the Admirals beat King even if he has some stats on their level.
Well, you're thinking of characters that have good matchups against admirals because of hax, i am thinking of "characters that are not Admiral level but can still fight against them" in more of a Stats type of way

Aokiji was bleeding. If it wasn't a haki-based attack, he would've been broken to pieces and regenerated without injury like when Robin broke his back (pause)
You mean from Jozu's attack? Not Marco.
Well, you're thinking of characters that have good matchups against admirals because of hax, i am thinking of "characters that are not Admiral level but can still fight against them" in more of a Stats type of way
Yeah, but Queen doesn't have stats on their level is my point.
POSSIBLY durability but I really doubt that.
In fact no, not even durability, given what Marco's fireball did to Zoan Queen.

First was with Base Kizaru, which Marco won by kicking him into the ground.
Second was with base Kuzan which... I actually don't remember hold on let me find that.
Shortly after Marineford.
Okay, why would Kuzan fight him while he's wounded?
Not to mention Jinbe saying thy were almost equal in strength which would make 0 sense if a weakened Akainu could beat healthy Kuzan.
I agree with that, for sure, but i also think that he's gonna put up a fight, not a huge danger for an admiral or nothing, but maybe a hit or two, idk
How though

First was with Base Kizaru, which Marco won by kicking him into the ground.
Kizaru was midair and successfully blocked without it harming him at all.
Second was with base Kuzan which... I actually don't remember hold on let me find that.
Marco kicked an off-guard Kuzan into rocks.
Is there any reason as to why he wouldn't?
Not to mention Jinbe saying thy were almost equal in strength
Does Jinbe know the nuances of the fight or is all he heard was that they fought for 10 days?
which would make 0 sense if a weakened Akainu could beat healthy Kuzan
Why not? He has better AP, Elemental Advantage, and better Haki.

Not to mention Jinbe saying thy were almost equal in strength which would make 0 sense if a weakened Akainu could beat healthy Kuzan.
Because I doubt it took very long at all for Sengoku to resign and for ******** to announce Akainu as the new Fleet Admiral.

Like, seriously, takes more assumptions to say it took awhile then to say it happened like, the day after

Managed to hit a guy who doesn't have flight out of the air with a kick that was stated to not even harm him*
You still need better strength to do this.
A fly wouldn't kick him out of the air just because it has flight and Kizaru doesn't.
Because I doubt it took very long at all for Sengoku to resign and for ******** to announce Akainu as the new Fleet Admiral.

Like, seriously, takes more assumptions to say it took awhile then to say it happened like, the day after
There was a clear time gap though, and again I doubt they'd actually have a weakened Akainu fight healthy Kuzan and think it's really fair.
Marco kicked an off-guard Kuzan into rocks.
Yeah I found it

There was a clear time gap though, and again I doubt they'd actually have a weakened Akainu fight healthy Kuzan and think it's really fair.
Sengoku seemingly resigned at sometime during nightfall

If I were Drong or whatever his name is, I sure wouldn't be pussy-footing around when it comes to selecting a new Fleet Admiral since there always has to be someone with that status, and there's a pretty clear answer since both Aokiji and Kizaru are too lax to have as Fleet admiral, especially with the Navy JUST losing two of its best fighters by a long shot in the same night.

So yeah, safe to say Aokiji didn't dick around when it came to challenging Akainu.

Sengoku seemingly resigned at sometime during nightfall

If I were Drong or whatever his name is, I sure wouldn't be pussy-footing around when it comes to selecting a new Fleet Admiral since there always has to be someone with that status, and there's a pretty clear answer since both Aokiji and Kizaru are too lax to have as Fleet admiral,

So yeah, safe to say Aokiji didn't dick around when it came to challenging Akainu.
Kong*
And we don't know when he resigned and when they fought.
especially with the Navy JUST losing two of its best fighters by a long shot in the same night.
Who
It would because Kizaru has nothing to support himself off of.

You wouldn't actually.

Based on?
This literally isn't how it works

Thank you.

Kizaru didn't want to take ANY orders from Sakazuki. I VERY heavily doubt he heard that announcement, and then went to go take a ****** nap.
I don't really understand this one
Like why Kizaru is being mentioned
Also honestly he probably was too busy getting high to understand Sengoku.
Sengoku and Garp.
Ah. Right.
Do you understand how physics works?

Kizaru blocked Marco's initial kick with his arm. After that, it because a kick. Because Kizaru had no solid base to use in order to push back, he got sent downwards.
What?
Do you think his arm magically stopped working and he just couldn't push against Marco's leg in the air?

I don't really understand this one
Like why Kizaru is being mentioned
Also honestly he probably was too busy getting high to understand Sengoku.

Ah. Right.

What?
Do you think his arm magically stopped working and he just couldn't push against Marco's leg in the air?
Kuzan. Whatever.

Back