• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Bandages where?
As far as we know, he leaves Zou clean. No bandages shown.
He comes back looking like this
1lg8YHm.png

Meaning he didn't get out without a fight.

No you do not. This is never stated. You're just pulling out massive amounts of headcanon.

You need to be stronger than the marines below you, that's what has been shown.
Literally the implication that you have to be stronger than the ones below you, means you have to be strong enough to be acknowledged as an admiral. The whole reason Akainu even became fleet admiral is because he won a fight against Aokiji. (Until otherwise is revealed, since it's still questionable what happened)

Fan scans :ROFLMAO: he said if Luffy wasn't at least capable of Conqueror's he'd have to take over as captain, not that if he wouldn't follow anyone weaker than himself.
That'd imply Zoro had conqueror's based on his words, which contradicts Zoro's current obliviousness to him being able to use it. He wouldn't acknowledge Luffy as a captain if he wasn't shown that Luffy's worthy of being his captain.

That'd imply Zoro had conqueror's based on his words, which contradicts Zoro's current obliviousness to him being able to use it. He wouldn't acknowledge Luffy as a captain if he wasn't shown that Luffy's worthy of being his captain.
I don't see how that's relevant? Your point was Zoro is saying he can't follow anyone weaker than himself, that isn't stated or implied and his actual comment is in relation to conqueror's haki which at this point for Zoro and Luffy has nothing to do with strength scaling.

Regarding the whole Marco, Jozu and Vista scaling, wasn't it already discussed and accepted: here, so far in this thread I haven't really seen any new arguments presented that discredits the current scaling for them.

Pre Timeskip Zoro is about equal to Gear 2 Luffy, so that already puts Zoro > Base Luffy.
We also have Timeskip Zoro ~ G4 Luffy's Ap so he's already massively higher than base Luffy.

Even if we assume that Zoro stated that his captain must be stronger than himself, there are way more feats proving that Zoro > Base Luffy. Ever since gears were introduced (hell, even Goken), Zoro's always been above Base Luffy.

Please don't derail Monkey, this has nothing to do with the main discussion at hand.
9.png

This is not akainu evading the attack but tank it as he has stronger haki... That's the only explanation.... It makes no sense they are just evading.

As far as we know, he leaves Zou clean. No bandages shown.
He comes back looking like this
1lg8YHm.png

Meaning he didn't get out without a fight.
This could be a cannonball you know that right?
Literally the implication that you have to be stronger than the ones below you, means you have to be strong enough to be acknowledged as an admiral.
No you do not.

There are gargantuan gaps between admirals. Heck, there's crazy gaps between vice admirals in their own rank.

You can be superior to one and be inferior to another.
The whole reason Akainu even became fleet admiral is because he won a fight against Aokiji.
Akainu became fleet admiral because of his mindset, not because of his strength.

Fleet admirals are nominated by higher rank members. Aokiji was nominated because of his values of justice, while Akainu was nominated because of his asshole personality.

The only reason they fought is because they were fiercely opposed on each other becoming fleet admiral, and they made a bet on whoever wins the fight becomes Fleet admiral.
(Until otherwise is revealed, since it's still questionable what happened)
Otherwise is revealed, you're just so stuck in the mindset of all statements point to power.

I don't see how that's relevant? Your point was Zoro is saying he can't follow anyone weaker than himself, that isn't stated or implied and his actual comment is in relation to conqueror's haki which at this point for Zoro and Luffy has nothing to do with strength scaling.
Again, if you believe Zoro is stronger than Luffy, you do you. With the exception of their whiskey peak clash, the story always made it crystal clear that Luffy>Zoro>Sanji. Either by having them fight the first, second and third strongest, or simply the straw hats themselves having the "If Luffy can't do it no one can" mentality.

This could be a cannonball you know that right?
Cannonball>Neko and Inu fighting him for days. Understandable

No you do not.

There are gargantuan gaps between admirals. Heck, there's crazy gaps between vice admirals in their own rank.

You can be superior to one and be inferior to another.
Again- you're far too fixated on the power gap. Admiral is Admiral. They don't say "It's the weakest admiral Fujitora" or "It's the slightly strong admiral Fujitora", they know it's Fujitora, and they know he's an admiral. If he wasn't worthy of that chair, Akainu would make sure he doesn't get it. The bastard killed guys scared for their lives and hesitating, and you think he'd let anyone weaker than the title requires be an admiral?

Akainu became fleet admiral because of his mindset, not because of his strength.

Fleet admirals are nominated by higher rank members. Aokiji was nominated because of his values of justice, while Akainu was nominated because of his asshole personality.

The only reason they fought is because they were fiercely opposed on each other becoming fleet admiral, and they made a bet on whoever wins the fight becomes Fleet admiral.
Both Akainu and Aokiji were nominated by Sengoku and Garp. Their ideologies clashed, and the winner's ideology got to be the one getting a pass. They were still both comparable, otherwise their fight wouldn't go on for ten days, with both sustaining visible scarring from eachother.
Otherwise is revealed, you're just so stuck in the mindset of all statements point to power.
Send? Because aside from "They didn't agree and fought for ten days to decide it", I don't recall any other thing being told.

Again, if you believe Zoro is stronger than Luffy, you do you. With the exception of their whiskey peak clash, the story always made it crystal clear that Luffy>Zoro>Sanji. Either by having them fight the first, second and third strongest, or simply the straw hats themselves having the "If Luffy can't do it no one can" mentality.
No I'm just pointing out you straight up lied about Zoro saying that.

He was desperate, known by his screaming of "ANYONE"

Even if he is desperate, King knows a Tobi Roppo just offered to do the job and he doesn't underestimate her chances against the Half-Dead Scabbards we see at the end of Chapter 1004 like Jack did.

Jack has never shown to be an idiot. His subordinates have. Check out the vivre cards.

You mean the same Jack who took FIVE DAYS to change up his strategy, despite Neko and Inu maintaining a consistent tactic that kept him in a permanent stalemate? The same Jack who thought it was a wise idea to engage Fujitora, Tsuru, and possibly Sengoku all at the same time in a fight while trying to retrieve Doflamingo, despite being warned beforehand that there were powerful Marines guarding him? The same Jack who returned to Zou to kill Zunesha, only for Zunesha to one-shot him and his entire fleet in the end? If you say so man.

I fail to see why he'd hold up a war because he's petty and wants to fight people.

Some of the matchups we've see in this war have been due to personal grudges, but you really can't see Jack just wanting to defeat the Scabbards himself because they handed him his ass earlier?

I argue with what's provided, not with headcanon assumptions of the narrative at play.

For the entire damn timeskip except the end, the databooks stated that Luffy and Zoro were equals.

The story didn't make shit crystal clear. This is your own headcanon.
Cannonball>Neko and Inu fighting him for days. Understandable
Cannonball wounds Jack and can't put him down. Read to comprehend.

External wounds aren't everything.
Again- you're far too fixated on the power gap. Admiral is Admiral. They don't say "It's the weakest admiral Fujitora" or "It's the slightly strong admiral Fujitora", they know it's Fujitora, and they know he's an admiral. If he wasn't worthy of that chair, Akainu would make sure he doesn't get it. The bastard killed guys scared for their lives and hesitating, and you think he'd let anyone weaker than the title requires be an admiral?
Ok.

Shichibukai is Shichibukai. Guys let's make Buggy 6-B.

Captain is Captain. Let's make all captains 6-B.

You are not weaker than a title. Stop trying to justify tiers by positions.
Both Akainu and Aokiji were nominated by Sengoku and Garp. Their ideologies clashed, and the winner's ideology got to be the one getting a pass. They were still both comparable, otherwise their fight wouldn't go on for ten days, with both sustaining visible scarring from eachother.
Garp did not nominate a soul. Garp did not give a damn.

Akainu and Aokiji being comparable does not justify every damn admiral who gets the rank to be comparable.

Or what you think Dressrosa Luffy and Doffy can fight Akainu now? Since they apparently scale to Issho who's "in the same ballpark of other admirals" which includes Kizaru, who's around the level of MF Akainu.
Send? Because aside from "They didn't agree and fought for ten days to decide it", I don't recall any other thing being told.
Read above.

Even if he is desperate, King knows a Tobi Roppo just offered to do the job and he doesn't underestimate her chances against the Half-Dead Scabbards we see at the end of Chapter 1004 like Jack did.
Jack actually knows the strength of the scabbards and fought them recently, unlike King who hears information of "the scabbards can't even move and they're just lying there. Go kill them".
You mean the same Jack who took FIVE DAYS to change up his strategy, despite Neko and Inu maintaining a consistent tactic that kept him in a permanent stalemate?
You know the only reason he pulled out the poison gas weapon is because he got tired right?
The same Jack who thought it was a wise idea to engage Fujitora, Tsuru, and possibly Sengoku all at the same time in a fight while trying to retrieve Doflamingo, despite being warned beforehand that there were powerful Marines guarding him?
Being fearless isn't the same as being dumb.

He was told by Kaido to go retrieve Doflamingo. He does not care who's guarding, he said "go get Doflamingo".

You think Jack's gonna go back home to say "oh man Kaido, they had some strong people" and get off scot free?
The same Jack who returned to Zou to kill Zunesha, only for Zunesha to one-shot him and his entire fleet in the end? If you say so man.
The same Jack who had a well thought out strategy on how to defeat him and was defeated by a power that even the citizens of Zou did not know about???
Some of the matchups we've see in this war have been due to personal grudges, but you really can't see Jack just wanting to defeat the Scabbards himself because they handed him his ass earlier?
I see that obviously, but you're trying to push the narrative that that's the only reason that Jack wants to fight them.

No I'm just pointing out you straight up lied about Zoro saying that.
Not a lie? The implication is there, that if Luffy showed any less, Zoro would take over. Again, there's no reason Zoro would follow anybody weaker, going by his personality alone.

I argue with what's provided, not with headcanon assumptions of the narrative at play.

For the entire damn timeskip except the end, the databooks stated that Luffy and Zoro were equals.

The story didn't make shit crystal clear. This is your own headcanon.
And I'm arguing for Luffy being at least equal to Zoro. Therefore, if Zoro, who you're saying is equal to Luffy, can clash with an admiral- and KATAKURI can kick around that same Luffy for nearly half a day, then Katakuri has scale that suggests he too would clash with Fujitora similiarly to Zoro and Gear 3 Luffy.

Cannonball wounds Jack and can't put him down. Read to comprehend.

External wounds aren't everything.
You say cannoballs, I say he got on the ship and fought, because the SBS itself says the confrontation was more direct than "he got hit by cannoballs and ran off":

Or what you think Dressrosa Luffy and Doffy can fight Akainu now? Since they apparently scale to Issho who's "in the same ballpark of other admirals" which includes Kizaru, who's around the level of MF Akainu.
I'm not saying they're around his level, I'm saying the Admirals themselves have to be over the ranks below, therefore qualify as "admirals". No one says all the admirals have to equal eachother, just that they're all worthy of carrying the admiral title based on their superiority to lower ranked fighters.
You can be a captain and get one shot by a vice captain. You can be a Shichibukai because you're either valuable to the government, or are acknowledged as powerful (or Lucky in Buggy's case).
You can't be an admiral unless you're stronger than Vice Admirals and qualify as an Admiral candidate. (Which, mind you, there are two of those confirmed currently, outside of the the 3 admirals we have.)

And I'm arguing for Luffy being at least equal to Zoro. Therefore, if Zoro, who you're saying is equal to Luffy, can clash with an admiral- and KATAKURI can kick around that same Luffy for nearly half a day, then Katakuri has scale that suggests he too would clash with Fujitora similiarly to Zoro and Gear 3 Luffy.
None of them fought a serious Issho. So your whole scaling chain is folly.

I've already tackled each point.
You say cannoballs, I say he got on the ship and fought, because the SBS itself says the confrontation was more direct than "he got hit by cannoballs and ran off":
This is not the SBS. This is the summary of the vivre cards by someone who leaves out lots of information.

If you find a translator, here's the actual official card.
qaM03BM.jpg

I'm not saying they're around his level, I'm saying the Admirals themselves have to be over the ranks below, therefore qualify as "admirals". No one says all the admirals have to equal eachother, just that they're all worthy of carrying the admiral title based on their superiority to lower ranked fighters.
The ranks below are fodder. So this isn't important.
You can be a captain and get one shot by a vice captain. You can be a Shichibukai because you're either valuable to the government, or are acknowledged as powerful (or Lucky in Buggy's case).
You can't be an admiral unless you're stronger than Vice Admirals and qualify as an Admiral candidate. (Which, mind you, there are two of those confirmed currently, outside of the the 3 admirals we have.)
Vice Admirals are fodder.

You're trying to put this "admiral level" narrative by admirals being superior to a tier of fodder, then scaling commanders to them to say they're in the same ballpark.

They can be superior to fodder, I don't care. The point is that they're not in the same ballpark.

1000 and 2 are both above 1. Are 2 and 1000 in the same ballpark?

It was a straight up lie what are you saying?
KTG82MN.png

Zoro never said that, there isn't even implication of that as it's in response to conqueror's haki. What Zoro said was if Luffy wasn't at least capable of conqueror's he would take over.
Again, the implication of him taking over if Luffy wasn't capable of doing what he does is enough to say that he wouldn't follow a captain that isn't at least as strong as he is.
Vice Admirals are fodder.

You're trying to put this "admiral level" narrative by admirals being superior to a tier of fodder, then scaling commanders to them to say they're in the same ballpark.

They can be superior to fodder, I don't care. The point is that they're not in the same ballpark.

1000 and 2 are both above 1. Are 2 and 1000 in the same ballpark?
Then Greenbull is also vastly weaker than Kizaru, who shouldn't be too far behind pre timeskip admirals? Greenbull was sent to kick Fujitora out of Marijoi and offered to battle, which Fujitora said he'd rather not.
Either the admirals are comparable to eachother, considering Fujitora and Greenbull are so casual about the idea of fighting, only caring about not destroying the meeting, OR both Fujitora and Greenbull are nowhere near the original admirals in power.

The narrative isn't that "admiral title" equates to you being admiral tier, it's that you can't be an admiral unless you're strong enough to be one. Unlike the Shichubukai and captains who vary in power, admirals start at a certain point based on strength before they're nominated. I don't care if they're weaker, I care that the admirals' ability sets them apart from Vice Admirals. That's why not every vice admiral is a candidate, but only certain ones among them that are just better than the rest.
Otherwise being a CANDIDATE wouldn't even be considered, because by that logic any Vice Admiral that stands out can be an admiral.

More like Issho, Katakuri, Cracker, Smoothie and Jack scaling to other Yonko Commanders like King, Queen, Marco, Jozu, Ace and Vista.
I mean i agree that they do scale but without feats or blatant statements we cannot scale so many people to such high levels....
Maybe if we scale doffy to jozu and cracker and katakuri to or above doffy?

Smoker and Vergo are far from fodder, and even they're not considered admiral candidates.
I fail to see why Admiral candidates (therefore admirals, if they succeed at becoming that) shouldn't be considerably stronger than the likes of Vergo and Smoker to be considered for the Admiral Position, if even Smoker who's by no means weak, isn't considered an admiral candidate yet.
The way it goes is Admirals>Admiral candidates>Vice admirals. This mindset of one admiral being able to fodderize another admiral is flat out wrong, because two of the current admirals are already being portrayed as at least somewhat equal.

I mean i agree that they do scale but without feats or blatant statements we cannot scale so many people to such high levels....
Maybe if we scale doffy to jozu and cracker and katakuri to or above doffy?
As far as i am concerned, i do think that Jack and the Sweet Commanders should somewhat scale to the All Stars or Top WB Crew members (like possibly 6-B should be more than fair), i really find ridiculous to think Top Yonko Crew members wouldn't be capable to fought other Top Yonko members.

Also i do think that Issho should at the very least be consider comparable if not stronger than Doflamingo, as the latter confermed that it would had been difficult defeat him in a fight.

Having Issho only be as strong as Gear 3rd Luffy just don't make sense narratively speaking, Kuzan and Sakazuki would have not send someone that wouldn't be able to accomplish the mission, and i definitely don't think Doffy's full strength would be something that the marines aren't aware of it.

And nothing explicitly show Issho go all out with Luffy during his escape from Dressrosa, or that he wouldn't had be able to defeat him.

Last edited:
More like Issho, Katakuri, Cracker, Smoothie and Jack scaling to other Yonko Commanders like King, Queen, Marco, Jozu, Ace and Vista.
In all fairness Smoothie did nothing so far, so we can't include her in that. For all we know she's weaker than Cracker. (Unless otherwise is stated and I missed it)

9.png

Fodder.
4.jpg

Fodder.
20.jpg

Fodder.
13.jpg

Fodder.
20.png

And Fodder.

Hmm something doesn't seem right... All the current admiral used to be vice admirals.

Jack actually knows the strength of the scabbards and fought them recently, unlike King who hears information of "the scabbards can't even move and they're just lying there. Go kill them".

That maybe true, but 1) King should still have some rough idea of how strong the Scabbards were since they did attack Kaido right in front of his eyes at the end of Chapter 986/start of Chapter 987. 2) Even you agree that the Half-Dead Scabbards who can't move < Black Maria, so we really have nothing more to discuss there.

As for all your other points you brought up, agree to disagree.

Back