• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Screen_Shot_2023-04-21_at_8.44.59_PM.png

I just love when people who know jackshit about math, physics, or just calcing in general spout random nonsense. It's so fun
Dodging a laser makes you FTL. It doesn't matter if you think it's nonsense, it's basic logic.
Though ngl I'm not sure if that feat would make Ivankov FTL for certain reasons, but I wouldn't put it past him to be that fast considering he's like Dragon's RHM.

Dodging a laser makes you FTL. It doesn't matter if you think it's nonsense, it's basic logic.
I had a 30-minute argument about this with a guy on campus once(he's the friend who calls King's flames "keeping the crocs on during sex"), and it essentially came down to me explaining 90 times that physics work differently in fiction, and you can dodge things easier if you see them coming.

It depends on how far you move and how far the laser moves.
I was referring to whether they moved while the laser was charging or while it was coming at them.
Hard to explain but you might understand what I mean.
Anyway like I said, I wasn't serious when I said they're FTL.
Plus it'd be a major outlier for Luffy.
I had a 30-minute argument about this with a guy on campus once(he's the friend who calls King's flames "keeping the crocs on during sex"), and it essentially came down to me explaining 90 times that physics work differently in fiction, and you can dodge things easier if you see them coming.
😭 😭

And one of his calcs is for blocking a Kizaru laser.
His wink just pushed Luffy away, it didn't block the laser.
And he threatened to kill Crocodile.
He was going to use Crocodile secret against him. Also his confidence scaling sucks seeing how he claimed to beat Magellan & looked how well that went.
And he could be roughly comparable to Sabo or Kuma.
Kuma, sure. G2 Luffy's bazooka brought Magellan to his knees & Ivankov's waxing fist made Magellan bleed a little. If he really was Sabo level since pre-ts, Magellan would've died/been koed by that attack.

Back