• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

The Tobiroppo position is explicitly labeled as the most powerful of the headliners. If statements were everything then this should apply. Why is Jack's statement more credible than Law's? Or Who's-Who's? Or the entire thing with the higher the position the stronger they are?
thats what im saying, there's too much stuff against the statement

at this point just throw it away

whats the visual difference between "super hybrid" and "drunken bagua" kaido
Basic Kaido build
scales and fangs.
Toe to toe with ACOC Luffy
tmigl0595yl81.png

Super top heavy
Sharp teeth all around, flamey eyebrows, button nose
Also damn near one tapped ACOC G4
okblv8og5yl81.webp

It's a physical change from his empowerment. He used it against Gear 5 as well just before Bajrang Gun. He doesn't give it a name, the fandom just calls it Super Hybrid to separate it from his regular hybrid state

whats the visual difference between "super hybrid" and "drunken bagua" kaido
Drunken Bagua (Shurron Hakke) is just him being drunk and changing into different personality "modes", there's no visual change in drunken bagua the only change is to his personality depending on what mode he's in; he can still access Base, Hybrid, Full zoan and "Super hybrid" here like normally.
hnu70mn.png
3coeD5y.png
njWQnhP.png

"Super Hybrid" is a fan named term for a form of Kaidou's separate from Drunken Bagua (As we see it in the Gear 5th fight as well) and Hybrid form. Looks similar to Hybrid minus a few differences and is shown to be overall stronger than his standard hybrid.
R2HXPvR.png
xXVN7A5.png

Last edited:
Drunken Bagua (Shurron Hakke) is just him being drunk and changing his into different personality "modes", there's no visual change in drunken bagua the only is his personality depending on what mode he's in; he can access Base, Hybrid, Full zoan and "Super hybrid" here like normally.
hnu70mn.png
3coeD5y.png
njWQnhP.png

"Super Hybrid" is a fan named term for a form of Kaidou's separate from Drunken Bagua (As we see it in the Gear 5th fight as well) and Hybrid form. Looks similar to Hybrid minus a few differences and is shown to be overall stronger than his standard hybrid.
R2HXPvR.png
xXVN7A5.png
My b, I don't know why i threw in "drunken bagua" there, since he used that form even when not drunk later

It's a physical change from his empowerment. He used it against Gear 5 as well just before Bajrang Gun. He doesn't give it a name, the fandom just calls it Super Hybrid to separate it from his regular hybrid state
I don't recall him using Super Hybrid against G5

Drunken Bagua (Shurron Hakke) is just him being drunk and changing into different personality "modes", there's no visual change in drunken bagua the only change is to his personality depending on what mode he's in; he can still access Base, Hybrid, Full zoan and "Super hybrid" here like normally.
hnu70mn.png
3coeD5y.png
njWQnhP.png

R2HXPvR.png
xXVN7A5.png
I still think it's quite possible this "Super Hybrid" form is Kaidou's Awakening, just incomplete

Thanks to Lucci and Kaku, we know Awakenings do not change the design of the Hybrid Form that much, Lucci's build changed slightly and he got a flame sash, same was applied to Kaku. Kaidou doesn't have the flame sash, but he does have a change in build and certain small traits. A true Zoan Awakening is seemingly achieved when the users mental state catches up to the body of the user. Kaidou mentally has never caught up to his body as he was very depressed and was disappointed in how strong he was. Maybe that's why he can only enter his Awakening for a limited period of time and why it doesn't have the flame sash

That's my theory

I used to think his Kaen Daiko form was Awakening but maybe he's just using his flames and wrapping them around his body.

Agreed. Kaido being the strongest even without awakening just sets him up to be a extremely powerful opponent still if he returns awakened, rather than Luffy staying familiar with his game
Come to think of it, he does have some nutty endurance and recovery, and a full set of sharp teeth similar to Lucci.
Maybe he is Awakened, but this is one of the cases where Oda might have to spoonfeed us.

Back