• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Sanji's a good character
He just has a lot of bad moments
1. Him telling Jinbei to kill himself

2. Him selfishly refusing to fight Kalifla, despite the fact that this endangers Robin, ANOTHER WOMAN. I mean, for ****'s sake, HE MADE HER TEA. WHILE ROBIN WAS IN MORTAL DANGER. TEA.

3. Him wanting to abandon the Punk Hazard kids.

4. Him not taking role call of any of the guys before Fishman Island

5. Him only rescuing the girls from the whirlpool in Wano.

Am I missing any, boss?

Last edited:
1. Him telling Jinbei to kill himself
Not going to get in an argument about this one
2. Him selfishly refusing to fight Kalifla, despite the fact that this endangers Robin, ANOTHER WOMAN.
What the ****? Are you being serious right now?
3. Him wanting to abandon the Punk Hazard kids.
They are not his issue. He is not obligated to save those kids.
4. Him not taking role call of any of the guys before Fishman Island
How is him not taking roll call a bad character moment?
5. Him only rescuing the girls from the whirlpool in Wano.
He only has two hands. Everyone else was more capable than Carrot and Nami. We also already know his values. Not a bad character moment.

Next time you attempt to slander Sanji, pick better moments. Even I could do better. Try again.

still better than Zoro of course(character wise).
Gonna pretend I didn't see this.

What the ****? Are you being serious right now?
I mean, the dude made her ******* TEA. When she was literally helping kidnap HIS FRIEND.

FFS Dude, just give her a one-shot blow that doesn't hurt or something!

He literally endangered Robin's life!
They are not his issue. He is not obligated to save those kids.
See Magmag's response.
How is him not taking roll call a bad character moment?
He only did it for the girls, really made it seem in that moment like the lives of the guys mattered less than those of the girls.
He only has two hands. Everyone else was more capable than Carrot and Nami. We also already know his values. Not a bad character moment.
Ok I can concede this one.
Next time you attempt to slander Sanji, pick better moments. Even I could do better. Try again.
Dude, I LIKE Sanji. He's a character who is hilarious, badass, chivalrous, an awesome chef, and has a great story with great character development.

But no character is perfect.

I mean, the dude made her ******* TEA. When she was literally helping kidnap HIS FRIEND.

FFS Dude, just give her a one-shot blow that doesn't hurt or something!

He literally endangered Robin's life!
There's literally an entire chapter dedicated to this (Kishido, or Chivalry depending on the translation of the name). Sanji said he would die before breaking his morals. This is no different than Ace never running away when fighting, or when his friends are made fun of (which eventually killed him), or Zoro rather dying that having scars on his back.

It's honorable. Nami says it about Sanji, and Mihawk says it about Zoro. If you can't see that then I don't really care about your opinion.
Yet Nami(someone Sanji would do anything for) views those kids as everything, and Sanji is just mid.
Just because Nami cares about the kids, doesn't mean he should. Tf? Why does not caring about something that is literally not his issue ruin his character? Especially since he's a pirate, he should not be forced to care for some kids that were mistreated.
He only did it for the girls, really made it seem in that moment like the lives of the guys mattered less than those of the girls.
By not roll calling them..?
Dude, I LIKE Sanji. He's a character who is hilarious, badass, chivalrous, an awesome chef, and has a great story with great character development.
I do not care wether you like Sanji or not. At the end of the day, it's up to you. The issue is when you try to bring up bad character moments, but fail at even doing that.

Not really

Asura Zoro<Hao Base Luffy=Hao Hybrid Kaidou<Hao Gear 2nd-Gear 5th Luffy=Hao Drunk Hybrid Kaidou<Dragon Torch Kaidou<Bajrang Gun

Gear 5th wasn't much higher than his previous Gears
Disagree. His versatility is through the roof and he honestly has a lot of implied feats that are overlooked as well since his abilities aren’t really explained.

Esesso: Exist
Nearly everyone:
what-starlord-star-lord.gif

Just because Nami cares about the kids, doesn't mean he should. Tf? Why does not caring about something that is literally not his issue ruin his character? Especially since he's a pirate, he should not be forced to care for some kids that were mistreated.
Then clearly he don’t care about Nami. Kachon, I know you and Sanji are alittle to tight, but the truths the truth.

Then clearly he don’t care about Nami. Kachon, I know you and Sanji are alittle to tight, but the truths the truth.
Where is the logic? Just because he doesn't care about something as much as Nami does, that doesn't mean he doesn't care about Nami. I don't even know where you got this idea from. Especially after (I assume) catching up to One Piece.

Where is the logic? Just because he doesn't care about something as much as Nami does, that doesn't mean he doesn't care about Nami. I don't even know where you got this idea from. Especially after (I assume) catching up to One Piece.
He be d riding Nami for everything, yet clearly not everything. There doesn’t have to be logic, Sanji is the last one to be thinking about logic…

Same thing as Ace, Luffy, Zoro, and everyone else that would literally die before going against they values.
But he is going against his values, by letting Nami get pieced up. There’s 2 sides to the same coin in which he’s sticking to his belief yet contradicting it.

You clearly don't understand anything, and I suggest you reread Baratie, Enies Lobby, and WCI if you still think that because there's no way.
Cuz there’s 2 sides to the same coin…I suggest you don’t reread cuz it’s gonna harm u.

I think he's trying to show that he abandoned his dream (values?) for the sake of his crew and Luffy
Dreams and values are not the same thing. Sanji also was willing to abandon his dream of finding the All Blue by sacrificing his life as well. Brook even said later on that the amount of determination they had was equal.

Again, when you try to prove something, do it right.

Is this still being argued? All of the Strawhats are good characters to some extent and people have different preferences. In any series, you are going to see characters and their values differently. I never understood the hate for Sanji’s shenanigans around women, but I do understand that it is going to annoy some people.

Back