• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Early East Blue Saga Formatting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
I've decided to start a project for reformatting and updating the Powers & Abilities sections of One Piece characters.

Starting off with Buchi, Kuro, Don Krieg, Gin, Pearl, Hactchan, Kuroobi and Arlong, and they are the simplest characters to test this out on.

Here is the sandbox for the characters displaying their new abilities sections. Bolding, bullet points and references have been added.

New abilities being proposed for them in addition to this:

Resistance to Water Pressure for Arlong, hatchan and Kuroobi. Based on this scan.

Bodily Weaponry for Kuroobi for his fins.

Limited Resistance to Poison for Don Krieg and Gin. They both possess gas masks in order to survive toxic gas.

Fire Manipulation for Don Krieg. As he wields a flamethrower.

I've decided to start a project for reformatting and updating the Powers & Abilities sections of One Piece characters.

Starting off with Buchi, Kuro, Don Krieg, Gin, Pearl, Hactchan, Kuroobi and Arlong, and they are the simplest characters to test this out on.

Here is the sandbox for the characters displaying their new abilities sections. Bolding, bullet points and references have been added.

New abilities being proposed for them in addition to this:

Resistance to Water Pressure for Arlong, hatchan and Kuroobi. Based on this scan.

Bodily Weaponry for Kuroobi for his fins.

Limited Resistance to Poison for Don Krieg and Gin. They both possess gas masks in order to survive toxic gas.

Fire Manipulation for Don Krieg. As he wields a flamethrower.
Have skills been given to characters for weapons before? Agree with most of the justifications on this thread though.

Have skills been given to characters for weapons before? Agree with most of the justifications on this thread though.
Yeah, characters can get abilities via their weapons. Deadpool has Fire Manipulation for using Napalm grenades and Light Manipulation for using flash-bangs.

I guess I agree

tho are you allowed to add abilities like that? Wouldn't it be resistance to water manipulation or something instead of water pressure?

Last edited:
I guess I agree

tho are you allowed to add abilities like that? Wouldn't it be resistance to water manipulation or something instead of water pressure?
Specifying it as Water Pressure seems best.

It's like writing "Resistance to Poison" instead of "Resistance to Poison Manipulation."

Based on the scan you provided, it seems reasonable to add Resistance to Water Pressure for Arlong, Hatchan and Kuroobi, as they are all fish-men who are known for their underwater prowess

Bodily weaponry for Kuroobi's fins is also a valid addition, as fishmen in One Piece are known for their physical strength and ability to use their bodies as weapons.

Limited Resistance To Poison for Don Krieg and Gin makes sense, as they both use gas masks in order to survive toxic gas attacks. This suggests that they may have some degree of resistance to poison or other toxins.

Finally, adding Fire Manipulation To Don Kriegs powers and abilities section also seems reasonable, as he is known for wielding a flamethrower in combat👍.

I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back