• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1086: The Five Elder Planets (Fan Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3aFZ0KA.jpg
Buggy out here with his own Domain Expansion.

I watched briefly a vid of grandline and he mentions a comment that ALSO mentions a quote from whitebeard to shanks saying he reminds him of the scras given to him by "him", why wouldn't he mention roger by "your former captain" or "the pirate king"? why specify "him". this might actually be referring to his "father" or "father in law".

this might mean that garland was likely prime whitebeard level of strentgh or still is...

I watched briefly a vid of grandline and he mentions a comment that ALSO mentions a quote from whitebeard to shanks saying he reminds him of the scras given to him by "him", why wouldn't he mention roger by "your former captain" or "the pirate king"? why specify "him". this might actually be referring to his "father" or "father in law".

this might mean that garland was likely prime whitebeard level of strentgh or still is...
It is extremely unlikely that God valley and Garland Figarland was planned all the way back then

True, and it likely isn't gonna be Garling, but he could just retcon it to be him.
Yes, and that is the true genius of Oda's writing style. He keeps things just sufficiently vague so that they can be retrofitted later into something completely different from how the event is originally presented.

This is true for the case of Shanks meeting the Gorosei as well. He only shows the non-scarred side of Shanks' face, hides his body behind a thick cape, and writes the dialogue in such a way that the Gorosei never refer to him by name or actual position in the world (i.e. Yonko). This way he can decide at a later time if that person was actually Shanks or just someone who looks like him (perhaps a brother)

Last edited:
Think most of that comes from people in the verse not challenging them for that title.
I mean in all fairness, most the god tiers don't even care about swordsmanship currently.
Plus the ones people are comparing him to (Garling/Nasujuro) never even stepped foot in the blue sea (where mihawk reigns supreme) so there's no true way of knowing he's actually over them despite his title.

It's great being disconnected from stuff like this since I can just pop in once in a while and get a free chapter to chew on, then pop back out, forget about it and not even care about the time I have to wait.

This month-long break is gonna be a breeze.

It's great being disconnected from stuff like this since I can just pop in once in a while and get a free chapter to chew on, then pop back out, forget about it and not even care about the time I have to wait.

This month-long break is gonna be a breeze.
Saaaaaame
Time flies when you don't focus too much on it

I think Mihawk is definitely a god tier, but I have never understood the truly gargantuan amount of hype he gets based off like, one statement.

A statement that I personally consider more to do with his honor as a swordsman than any consideratiom of his strength.

Mihawk knows Shanks can give one hell of a scrap, but from an honor standpoint, if he wins, he just won against a one-armed man. Similarly, if he loses, he just lost to a one-armed man. It's lose-lose for someone that sticks so closely to the law of the sword.

It's hard sometimes being a Mihawk supporter only due to the waiting. Because I know that when he gets that chapter to show off in like Shanks and Garp recently got that he's gonna finally beat these dumbass fraud allegations and the switch-up on him in this community is gonna be glorious. Hopefully that chapter drops before the year ends.

I think Mihawk is definitely a god tier, but I have never understood the truly gargantuan amount of hype he gets based off like, one statement.

A statement that I personally consider more to do with his honor as a swordsman than any consideratiom of his strength.

Mihawk knows Shanks can give one hell of a scrap, but from an honor standpoint, if he wins, he just won against a one-armed man. Similarly, if he loses, he just lost to a one-armed man. It's lose-lose for someone that sticks so closely to the law of the sword.
What statement are you talking about? The statement that he's the World's Strongest Swordsman?

I mean in all fairness, most the god tiers don't even care about swordsmanship currently.
Plus the ones people are comparing him to (Garling/Nasujuro) never even stepped foot in the blue sea (where mihawk reigns supreme) so there's no true way of knowing he's actually over them despite his title.
To be fair I wouldn't consider them "swordsman." but rather "men with swords."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back