• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1063: "My Only Family" (Official Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but it also reveals he's sort of a cheater since his fruit is literally designed to make him be able to do that.
I mean it's not like haki makes him NOT strong. Only devil fruit nullification would turn his ability off. Besides, it isn't like we've seen a character pull a Bambina and THROW A MOUNTAIN yet. Pretty sure he's still casual too. Oda's probably saving up the true displays for the straw hat battles.

Bruh only Devon that got an very cool DF, Burgess and Doc Q DF are funnily dumb lmfao
Also don't disrespect Urouge DF, it's basically a very cool potential DF, it's basically "Darkness Masochism from Konosuba but without any lewd/fanservice shennanigans, instead it have 200.0% NANOMACHINES SON VIBE"

Okay. Sorry about that then. I deleted some posts here earlier that seemed to be serious in this regard, and have lots of experiences with people being rampantly oversensitive and vindictive about such issues in general.

Actually his devil fruit allow him to convert damage inflicted onto him into physical strength, he doesn't he get stronger after a fight, but in the middle of it.

So its somewhat useful since it can be used to close the gap when facing someone far stronger than the user, even if its a very limited ability.

Burges's DF seen only to be able to further increase the user strength than nothing else, at least for what we know.
But Burges can Increase his Strength at will, meanwhile Urouge need to take damage first before he convert it become strength. Character like Law can instant Kill him before he can use his Df power.
Nah Urouge's DF actually has a niche ability.
Nah, because he depending on the causality that he took.

Oh, for gods' sakes. Stop making wild negative interpretations that were never intended by the author.
unironically, what if the devil fruit's "disease" is based on whatever the user thinks is a disease? I'm not putting it beyond a Blackbeard pirate to be like that, considering the messed up implication between Vasco shot and BB about Hancock.
The other option is it being a mistranslation about the fruit's name, mostly because I don't see the correlation outside of DQ's personality being a factor

Oh, for gods' sakes. Stop making wild negative interpretations that were never intended by the author.
A friend of mine made a good point: With all the weird stuff in the OP world, is it that uncommon for there to be some type of disease that can turn you into the opposite gender?
Personally though, while that was a great point, I just think it's what SnookB said.

A friend of mine made a good point: With all the weird stuff in the OP world, is it that uncommon for there to be some type of disease that can turn you into the opposite gender?
Personally though, while that was a great point, I just think it's what SnookB said.
..... Well Iva's hormone thing can- it isn't far fetched there being a disease that can do the same thing from some plant or whatever. We'll get clarification soon enough at least

I just had the random thought- Law's a SURGEON. he knows the body inside and out even when it comes to a creature like kaido---- what if this encounter is a way for Oda to reveal to us how Teach's body is "weird" through Law's ability or something??
Good idea.

unironically, what if the devil fruit's "disease" is based on whatever the user thinks is a disease? I'm not putting it beyond a Blackbeard pirate to be like that, considering the messed up implication between Vasco shot and BB about Hancock.
There was definitely an undertone of them considering molesting and possibly raping her, yes. The Blackbeard crew are presented as absolutely vile villains in general.

There was definitely an undertone of them considering molesting and possibly raping her, yes. The Blackbeard crew are presented as absolutely vile villains in general.

The other option is it being a mistranslation about the fruit's name, mostly because I don't see the correlation outside of DQ's personality being a factor
Wait what?

What undertone?

Wait what?

What undertone?
The "we could have more fun with her alive" line from him was straight up freak vibes. Blackbeard's crew are damn cannibalistic with zero morals, so I won't be surprised if one of'em thinks being the opposite gender is a 'disease' of sorts. Especially when the topic was already there with Kuina viewing herself weaker because of her gender.

It's blatantly wrong considering one of the strongest 4 in the world's a woman, as well as the pirate empress, etc-- but the views themselves are still there with some.

I find that incredibly disgusting of course, but if you ask me it shows that they're ACTUAL pirates. They're scummy, cheap, and downright abhorrent. Even their ship is just a raft with logs.

Y'know what I just realized? There were very few reasons for Blackbeard to even go to Drum Kingdom back then, they don't really have anything important. Only reason he could have been there is because the Human Human fruit was there, perhaps he was trying to feed that to Doc Q's horse but couldn't find it and Chopper ate it?
Edit: Or he could have been after that fruit that lets you eat everything besides Seastone.

The spoilers didn't mention that Law and his entire crew were turned into females. So Law's Haki is so strong that can he undo the effect on himself and his entire crew! Nice! And yeah, Female Law did kind of look Robin lmao.

And Teach flying in on Stronger and it looking like its struggling to hold his weight looked so wrong :LOL:

The "we could have more fun with her alive" line from him was straight up freak vibes. Blackbeard's crew are damn cannibalistic with zero morals, so I won't be surprised if one of'em thinks being the opposite gender is a 'disease' of sorts. Especially when the topic was already there with Kuina viewing herself weaker because of her gender.

It's blatantly wrong considering one of the strongest 4 in the world's a woman, as well as the pirate empress, etc-- but the views themselves are still there with some.
Chad Argument.

The " Disease" here is also used scientific Disease wich is Hormon related like DSD ( Diffrence in Sex Development) but that Disease is a disease that the baby gets due to an abnormality in the womb, the increase in Hormones at growing age affects the sufferer of this disease physically and mentally (I have relatives who suffer from this disease so this is not new to me). DocQ manipulates this disease, a disease that is supposed to be congenital. if this is the concept that Oda uses we have to give him extra credit.

Btw Luffy's would get good feat in this chapter like this

Chad Argument.

The " Disease" here is also used scientific Disease wich is Hormon related like DSD ( Diffrence in Sex Development) but that Disease is a disease that the baby gets due to an abnormality in the womb, the increase in Hormones at growing age affects the sufferer of this disease physically and mentally (I have relatives who suffer from this disease so this is not new to me). DocQ manipulates this disease, a disease that is supposed to be congenital. if this is the concept that Oda uses we have to give him extra credit.
Okay that made Doc Q DF went from 0 to 100 quick
Burgess DF is still suck tho lmao

In the panel after the explosion on Egghead Island, you can see black lightning bolts while the BB Pirates are attacking the Heart Pirates. Is that Teach using advanced hao?

So this is yet another Devil Fruit that Law's fruit encompasses.

He has powers of the Warp-Warp fruit, Float-Float fruit, Calm-Calm fruit, Barrier-Barrier fruit, Rumble-Rumble fruit, etc....

It's really funny looking at how varied Law's abilities are.

And I know that Haki is going to get a CRT on it as soon as the official translation comes out - but I hope the proposal isn't for a general "Haki can negate all powers and phenomena". It doesn't go that far yet.

EDIT: This fight between Blackbeard and Law may very well be off-screen from now on, but I just want Blackbeard to showcase that he has other Devil Fruit abilities.

Last edited:
EDIT: This fight between Blackbeard and Law may very well be off-screen from now on, but I just want Blackbeard to showcase that he has other Devil Fruit abilities.
I hope it's not tbh. I recall Ace vs Blackbeard being a 2 chapters thing, the second concluding the battle. Hope this is something like that because I genuinely want to see how post-ts Blackbeard handles direct combat compared to pre-ts.

Law would likely normally be able to give Blackbeard a tough challenge, but Blackbeard is a bit of a coward who has backup and tries to avoid fighting alone in his battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back