• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1036: "Bushido is the way of death" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Next week the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Last edited:
I urge for the day I come in a thread like this and see something like "Oh my god!" in all caps in the first comment.

i just want something mind blowing to happen, lmao. Solid chapter though.

Hmm. It seems like CP0 might capture Nico Robin after all, unless Marco and a few of the Scabbards are there to stop them. They seem too strong for anything less.

I urge for the day I come in a thread like this and see something like "Oh my god!" in all caps in the first comment.

i just want something mind blowing to happen, lmao. Solid chapter though.
What do you mean? We're finally getting one of the most hype fight of Wano - Raizou vs Fukurokoji - it is second only to Luffy vs Kaido in terms of impact

Seems Raizou and Fukurokoji are going to be on standstill for a couple more chapters
Kaido doesn't seem stressed yet

So, CP0 are that strong? They make Appo step back and defeated X Drake... My Question How strong Current Lucci is? But I think CP0 not even reach YC Level, if they're at YC level then nobody in SHP capable to Protect Robin Right know, Zoro would got the side effect of Mink injection ( whatever it's name) , Sanji got Unconscious, Jinbe got Injuries. How About Marco? I think he run out of Stamina right know...

The best things on my mind is Oda make some another plot like there's any other back up from Luffy's Side.

So, CP0 are that strong? They make Appo step back and defeated X Drake... My Question How strong Current Lucci is? But I think CP0 not even reach YC Level, if they're at YC level then nobody in SHP capable to Protect Robin Right know, Zoro would got the side effect of Mink injection ( whatever it's name) , Sanji got Unconscious, Jinbe got Injuries. How About Marco? I think he run out of Stamina right know...
You left out god usopp the blatant downplay

Anyway I am thinking robin herself and probably brook are about to get some massive upgrade for plot reasons

The best things on my mind is Oda make some another plot like there's any other back up from Luffy's Side.
Nothing indicates they're strong. They defeated an exhausted X-Drake.

Bringing a house down by kickin' the last piece of wood sustaining it doesn't make you strong enough to destroy the house itself

Jinbe is still in perfectly reasonable conditions to fight someone, injuries are not an excuse for THE BEST FISHMAN ALIVE

I am bad with remembering the names of the scabbards, but the strongest of them, who fought Zoro and worked for Oroshi, along with Marco and the scabbard who was a Whitebeard captain, are powerful players who do not seem to do anything in particular right now. Maybe they can fight CP0?

Okay. Given that he was able to match Zoro, I think that we should see him make himself useful at some point of this battle.

Bringing a house down by kickin' the last piece of wood sustaining it doesn't make you strong enough to destroy the house itself
Don't Underestimate the Stamina Of Zoan Users, Ulti for example how tought they are. Ulti got more Damage than X Drake So far...
Jinbe is still in perfectly reasonable conditions to fight someone, injuries are not an excuse for THE BEST FISHMAN ALIVE
First thing is he got some Injuries, second thing is Robin is far down bellow from him, and the last thing is there's 3 of them, don't forget that three of them defeated X Drake, Apoo (runaway), and a numbers... Let me guess..low diff fight.

Luffy's still throwing hands with Kaido, assumedly in base- That boy's getting scarier the longer this fight drags on.
And he's using a new attack apparently? Translations are unclear, but its bird related

Does Luffy have reactive power level? He has quickly turned drastically stronger after every fight with Kaido.

Does Luffy have reactive power level? He has quickly turned drastically stronger after every fight with Kaido.
He does, and yeah he's reached the point where he didn't even need Conqueror's coating to badly damaged Kaido.
FHOA-jMX0AInBfF

It said in Chapter 824 that CP0 were able to briefly clash with Blackbeard and his crew before the BB Pirates fled, which is already some serious hype for CP0.

Sabo decided to avoid a direct confrontation with CP0 by leaving Dressrosa before they could return for him and the other Revolutionaries.

CP0 is strong lol.

Not surprised Drake lost to CP0 after all the hype their strength have gotten even before Wano. While I shouldn't be, I'm surprised Apoo wasn't finished off as well. Just what is it gonna take to put down Apoo during this arc? Lol.

But I seriously doubt the "kidnap Robin plotline" will be repeated. I see this being the only victory CP0 gets during Wano, then they successfully corner Robin, but they get defeated when they do. Like someone already mentioned, Robin's probably getting a massive new upgrade against CP0.

And I could care less about Raizou vs. Fukurokuju. That's one of those fights Oda should be offscreening.

Last edited:
If Robin gets kidnapped, then.. Eh. We've already been through that arc and character development, but a moment where she's about to get taken or confronted and has her "Luffy will be the Pirate King" moment before someone (competent) interferes to take on CP0 would be nice. Robin is the only one who hasn't said that yet I think.

I hope that Denjiro, Marco, Kawamatsu, and Izou team up (possibly together with Jinbe) to take on CP0.

Yes, Blackbeard is almost Luffy's opposite.

Zoro again having GOATED panels and dialogue. New Epithet incoming.

Loving the little snippets of the Kaido backstory. Any Joyboy mention is a win in my book.

Don't really care for the numbers but seeing X drake like that was somewhat surprising.

Oda also driving "change of an era" point home. I honestly cannot see how people still say that BigMom is not going down here.

Usopp also had some great dialogue and interaction with Izo. That scene also basically confirmed that no one is dying:(

Luffy laughing with Kaido is very weird to me. After everything Kaido has done to the kozuki and wano this seems unlike luffy.
But we'll see....

Zoro claiming a title. What a chad.
Him, Sanji and Robin have hell connections now, I just noticed- She's a devil, he's a demon King, and Sanji's an Ifrit.

Luffy's his own monster at this point, taking blows to the head from Hybrid Kaido and not even slowing down to hit him. At this point Luffy's just making his base as strong as it can be so Gear Fourth is just clutch/Last resort, it seems.

Him, Sanji and Robin have hell connections now, I just noticed- She's a devil, he's a demon King, and Sanji's an Ifrit.
It makes perfect sense because the final enemies are the "Celestial Dragons" who claim to be "Gods" ... Of course, you can trust Usopp to mess up the "Gods vs Demons" theme

I'm loving the lore connections we are finally getting, and we can finally see the summit of power held by the strongest Pirates (disregarding Im and other factors left in the unknown like the Florian Triangle/Elbaf/etc).

The Pirate-Samurai alliance victory is almost assured, as far as i'm aware. Just gotta get Big Mom out of the picture and hope her kids don't show up at the end. I'm suspecting Smoothie plans to wait til the very end of the fight, just to swoop in and clean up the rest, whether it be the Beast Pirates, or Luffy.
  • This would create some interesting Drama between Big Mom and her crew since this will validate her suspicion towards them not trusting the decisions she makes, which she hinted at with Perospero towards the early stages of this battle.

I will say that I am still slightly disappointed in the Beast Pirates.
  • Queen getting distracted mid-fight and that being the deciding factor makes Sanji's victory leave a poor taste for me (Ifrit is cool, but I still find Sanji's biological enhancements to be convenient--especially since they are hinted to be temporary now that his eye-brow is back to normal).
  • King didn't have any Haki specialization or Awakening (or Haoshoku) despite being Kaido's right-hand, so I feel like he was less of a threat than Katakuri in that regard--but Zoro proved he could fight on that level regardless since he can now use Haoshoku... but the fact Zoro can instantly coat his weapons with Haoshoku is a little convenient despite imbuing things with Haki being his specialty.
  • And now Luffy without Gear 4th is holding his ground against Kaido. Is Kaido giving it his all, or does he have Awakening in reserve? I wonder if Luffy will tap into his Awakened state this fight, since Law and Kid are both doing the same thing.

The Monster Trio feel a little too strong for just a couple weeks of training before the fight. I thought it was just Luffy that got a Zenkai-boost in between each fight. Guess Zoro and Sanji learned the technique.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back