• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1010: "Haoshoku" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also.

We need to split the difference between a Haoshoku clash and applying Haoshoku to attacks.

Because this
0782-002.png

And this
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_1010_v0_1010_Page_16_watermark.png

Are 2 completely different things.

Also.

We need to split the difference between a Haoshoku clash and applying Haoshoku to attacks.

Because this
0782-002.png

And this
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_1010_v0_1010_Page_16_watermark.png

Are 2 completely different things.
Wano Luffy is using Goken while Doflamingo and D-Luffy were not.

I'm not saying they are the same thing, as Wano Luffy's is clearly more advanced or a different application all together. I'm just pointing out that if there happens to be a translation or later statement that implies Haoshoku greatly empowers attacks, it would need to be taken into consideration for Doffy vs Luffy in 782/3.
  • And if that's the case, I'm even more irritated that neither of them used Haoshoku for the remainder of the fight in Dressrosa.

I'm just pointing out that if there happens to be a translation or later statement that implies Haoshoku greatly empowers attacks, it would need to be taken into consideration for Doffy vs Luffy in 782/3.

Not necessarily. Luffy didn't even know it could be done until the latest chapter.

Zoro can take hits from Kaido and injury him, he’d definitely beat Doffy if Doffy was the same power level as he was when he went down.

Also on the topic of Kaido one shotting Luffy, sure Luffy wasnt the his right mind but Kaido also didnt seem to try all that hard and a stronger Luffy still struggled to dodge Thunder Bagua while using Future Sight which the earlier version of Luffy couldnt consistently use yet even when calm.

Its a win for them both... I dont get why people cant say both of them did great lol.
“Both of them did great”. Well, at least after this chapter Zoro can retain his position as the second strongest in the crew. I would be very surprised if Jinbe shows feats on THAT level.

Not necessarily. Luffy didn't even know it could be done until the latest chapter.
The translation is iffy, but it seems more like Luffy figured out what Kaido is doing specifically, and why his attacks are so strong, and his skin so durable--rather than learning about the ability for the first time ever.

He could have also been using the ability subconsciously in Dressrosa when fighting Doflamingo (Or he could have known about it in general), as we do see hints of characters unknowingly using powers they later learn about (Zoro and the breath of all things/cutting "nothing" being one example).

The revelation to Luffy seems more like "Oh, so I can use Haoshoku with advanced Busoshoku to make it have more impact, huh?" rather than "Haoshoku can be used on my body?!"

Btw, i asked it in the last thread if the Prom/Zeus/Napo scaled to Big Mom and i got two different answers, "yes" and "no", so which one is correct? Well, at least when she is welding them they are all 6B i guess?

Btw, i asked it in the last thread if the Prom/Zeus/Napo scaled to Big Mom and i got two different answers, "yes" and "no", so which one is correct? Well, at least when she is welding them they are all 6B i guess?
I believe they rely on Big Mom and also being amp'd by their respective elements. Remember that Zeus bathed in the clouds and Prometheus ate a bunch of fire (produced by Kaido) before Chapter 1000.

So when Big Mom used Zeus to one-shot Judge, it's reasonable for us to say that Zeus back then had way less power than he does in this current fight, since he's amp'd by the massive storm created by Kaido.

So when Big Mom used Zeus to one-shot Judge, it's reasonable for us to say that Zeus back then had way less power than he does in this current fight, since he's amp'd by the massive storm created by Kaido.
I mean, yeah he was obviously weaker there, but wouldn't 6B be his minimum power level? At least when Linlin herself is using them to attack, what would be the point if they were like, hundreds of times weaker than herself?

I mean, yeah he was obviously weaker there, but wouldn't 6B be his minimum power level? At least when Linlin herself is using them to attack, what would be the point if they were like, hundreds of times weaker than herself?
I don't think so. Zeus couldn't even hurt Big Mom herself when amp'd by Nami's clouds.

I don't think so. Zeus couldn't even hurt Big Mom herself when amp'd by Nami's clouds.
Well, Tempest said the same thing in another thread as proof that Zeus was Linlin level so can't we just have a thread about it? I mean, it seems even Kid will not scale to BM because she has no feats with her bare hands and she will only 6B while using Napo+Prom.

Well, Tempest said the same thing in another thread as proof that Zeus was Linlin level so can't we just have a thread about it? I mean, it seems even Kid will not scale to BM because she has no feats with her bare hands and she will only 6B while using Napo+Prom.
I think Big Mom physically is still 6-B since she does have that feat of punching Kid and hurting him (and he is heavily implied to have fought Cracker [Who I just realized is still High 7-A lol]), and also because she fought Kaido off-panel for an entire night, and we don't have reason to think she only used Napoleon against him.

For those arguing Doffy is admiral level ..Stop It... One piece follows the shonen trope of later enemies being stronger.. Even in the manga Doffy isn't implied to be on Fujitora level... Yes his fruit is versatile but we can't prove he is above a 3rd commander level..

Onto 1010 Zoro definitely gotta move out of tier 7 in terms of ap since he damaged kaido similar to oden..Also add Luffy if he isn't

Last edited:
One piece follows the shonen trope of later enemies being stronger
That is not really true. Luffy fought Enel and Crocodile who are Logia users before Lucci and there is actually a pretty decent chance that they would absolutely steamroll Lucci and the rest of the CP-9. Especially Enel

For those arguing Doffy is admiral level ..Stop It... One piece follows the shonen trope of later enemies being stronger.. Even in the manga Doffy isn't implied to be on Fujitora level... Yes his fruit is versatile but we can't prove he is above a 3rd commander level..
Wrong. Luffy especially encounters enemies stronger or weaker than the last he has encountered. That, or the level of strength is irrelevant and it's a matter of figuring out their weakness (Crocodile being the first major example since he is the first opponent Luffy could not land a blow on).

Are you trying to say Blueno from CP9 is stronger than Crocodile, Enel, or Aokiji? Those are opponents Luffy faced before him, so why wouldn't the troupe apply here?

Cracker isn't even the main opponent Luffy faced off against in WCI, so to say he's automatically above Doflamingo solely because he "came after" is very strange... By that logic, Doflamingo would be leagues above Aokiji since Luffy encounters him WAY after.

And also, you got it backwards... Fujitora is not implied to be on Doflamingo's level.

Ah, Asura! How I've missed you!

And Law finally pulled out a new technique! Good for him!

So, is Zoro getting Likely Haoshoku Haki after this chapter?

I still can't believe some people actually thought Oda scrapped Zoro's best Pre-Timeskip technique just because he didn't spam his Enies Lobby power-up like Luffy and Sanji do lol. Sucks that Zoro is out of the fight with Kaido now, but at least he did A LOT better than certain people said he would, and he also got Kaido to acknowledge him by his epithet. And Luffy was his usual awesome self.

Hopefully I get to see Robin in Chapter 1011 in two weeks.

Last edited:
Why am I reading all of this Doflamingo wank?
Even current Law or Killer would clean the floor with Mingo.
Why I say that?
Kaido said so many times that supernovas are monsters, they all showed incredible stuff.
Supernovas by statements and feats are definitly above Inu and Neko in their Suulong forms, the ones who have been called "too strong" from Kaido.
They easily defeated Jack, who was still considered "not weak" from Kaido, while Doflamingo was called weak from the Yonko.
I have read from someone, probably from Cin if I remember correctly, that Kaido's statement about Conqueror Haki implies that Mingo Is strong, my question Is... What are you talking about?
Kaido just said that the ones who put Conqueror in their attacks are the strong ones, Mingo doesn't do that, also why are you taking this statement from Kaido and not the one he made about Doflamingo being weak?
The scale Is clear:
Supernovas > Inu/Neko Suulong > Jack > Doflamingo.
Wano Law totally needs a different key from Dressrosa, same for Zoro.

Jack needs highlights. I have the impression that he would be a monster using hybrid form, awakening and Haki.

Doflamingo was called weak from the Yonko.
Where are you drawing this conclusion from exactly ? Doffy actually has a cards themed epithet according to how Kaido names his top commanders. He is "Joker" i.e. the wildcard. The narrative refutes the idea that Kaido thinks very little of him

Where are you drawing this conclusion from exactly ? Doffy actually has a cards themed epithet according to how Kaido names his top commanders. He is "Joker" i.e. the wildcard. The narrative refutes the idea that Kaido thinks very little of him
Big Mom thought a Cracker Soldier could handle somebody that could beat Doflamingo.

Anyways, I know I took part in this, but we're very off track.
We have a General Discussion thread for reasons like this.

The narrative refutes the idea that Kaido thinks very little of him
Yeah, Doffy fears and thinks highly of Kaido, but Kaido clearly values Doffy greatly in his own way (and we know he only values the strong).
With that being said, I don't believe that Doffy can hold a candle to the OG 3 Admirals in my personal opinion.

Cracker is unironically quite powerful. Imagine being able to conjure up large numbers of Doffy level soldiers to swarm any opponent

9.jpg

Couple questions are in my mind with us now having advanced CoC haki in the latest chapter.
Did vista and marco actually hit akainu here?
Did garp negate marco's DF/Regeneration using haki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back