• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
> Point is, Ferocious Tiger is not the only attack Luffy blocked or clashed with and their battle went on off-panel and was regarded by the spectators to be a "serious fight".

There is no reason to assume any of those off-screen attacks were as strong as Fujitora's maximum showing.

> You can argue that Ferocious Tiger is stronger than a normal strike because "It is a named attack", but even if this is true (I believe so), the rubble lifting feat itself was a casual display of power--and definitely not a named ability.

Being a named ability is not an actual indication of it being stronger than his feat of moving the rubble.

We know that it is stronger than the casual attacks he was using against Luffy earlier in the fight because Luffy wasn't sent flying away - that that doesn't mean we need to regard it as:

Raging Tiger >>> Normal Attacks = Moving of Rubble.

If we have to scale Fujitora's attacks at all to the moving of the rubble, then it should be his most powerful attack that we're scaling to the most powerful feat he has been calced with.

So the most we can say is the attack Fujitora used at the end can be scaled at most to 1.9 Gigatons.

But Fujitora is using a certain amount of energy to keep the rubble suspended in the air, so we take that away and get 1.52 Gigatons.

And although we can say that is how powerful the attack that Fujitora used, that it not necessarily the full amount of energy Luffy tanked (even ignoring the whole rubber-body situation), because of the AoE damage. Subtract that damage, and we end up with 1.19 Gigatons which is the remaining energy from the attack that hit Luffy.

I believe my suggestion makes the most sense by the standards of the wiki; we're scaling the most powerful attack Fujitora used on Luffy to his most powerful feat, but subtracting the energy that Fujitora used to keep the rubble suspended and subtracing the energy that went into AoE environmental damage.

Not participating in the thread, but it should be noted that Luffy is highly resistant to blunt type attacks(practically immune inverse), so Fujitora wouldn't really be able to hurt Luffy with his gravity.

> There is no reason to assume any of those off-screen attacks were as strong as Fujitora's maximum showing.

There's no reason to actually suggest that Fujitora was holding back against Luffy. He appeared quite hard-pressed by the end of the engagement.

>Being a named ability is not an actual indication of it being stronger than his feat of moving the rubble. We know that it is stronger than the casual attacks he was using against Luffy earlier in the fight...

Yet there's no proof suggesting the contrary either. It's actually more plausible to be that he put more effort into Ferocious Tiger than actually lifting the rubble because of his clear struggle during and after the attack.

>If we have to scale Fujitora's attacks at all to the moving of the rubble, then it should be his most powerful attack that we're scaling to the most powerful feat he has been calced with

Except when he used said attack, he actually showed some strain where it appeared lifting the rubble took as much effort as just lifting his arm straight up. He wasn't even flinching or had stunted breathing unlike with Ferocious Tiger. It's more likely that the energy used to lift the rubble < the energy used to send Luffy flying + shatter the boulder in the distance.

So while it can be argued Fero Tiger = High 7-A lifting feat for a standard assumption, there's two things suggesting that Fero Tiger required more energy: Luffy actually being affected unlike against earlier attacks and that Fujitora himself was shown exerting himself with the attack.

• And before you point out the Sabo fight, it's very clear and stated in the story that Fujitora only used Sabo as an excuse for why he did not chase after Luffy earlier in the arc. He's too "busy dealing with the Rev. Army's No. 2 to be bothered with the SHs"--his own words.
If anything, if it comes down to the argument, Ferocious Tiger should be treated as being > Rubble feat if he actually struggled with the former and just flexed for the latter.

Your argument is under the assumption that Ferocious Tiger is = Rubble feat, and suggesting that Fujitora's normal DF enhanced attacks are inferior to his Rubble feat when the latter has no support, and the former implies the contrary.

Captain Torch said:
Not participating in the thread, but it should be noted that Luffy is highly resistant to blunt type attacks(practically immune inverse), so Fujitora wouldn't really be able to hurt Luffy with his gravity.
I've brought up this point earlier in the thread as well.

Captain Torch said:
Already covered that Fujitora uses Haki and Haki negs DF properties. He has hurt Sabo with blunt attacks (Sabo being a logia--thus physical attacks wont affect him in general) and has bruised Luffy in their fight (A Paramecia resistant to blunt attacks, but he was engaging Fujitora in melee for the vast majority of the fight, and Fujitora is shown to be a Buso Haki user that can apply it to his weaponry and self).

Not a valid argument.

> So while it can be argued Fero Tiger = High 7-A lifting feat for a standard assumption, there's two things suggesting that Fero Tiger required more energy: Luffy actually being affected unlike against earlier attacks and that Fujitora himself was shown exerting himself with the attack.

1) Luffy being affected like earlier doesn't necessarily imply that the Ferocious Tiger >> High 7-A lifting feat, it just proves that the earlier attacks were below the Ferocious Tiger.

2) Fujitora exerting himself can mean that the feat was more powerful, but it doesn't prove how much by. So we need to go with the minimum it could be which is at least equal to the High 7-A lifting feat.

Since it may be a higher result, to an unknown degree, we can add on that the end result is "likely higher", but it would still by wrong to fully scale Luffy to the results of the High 7-A lifting feat.

> Already covered that Fujitora uses Haki and Haki negs DF properties. He has hurt Sabo with blunt attacks (Sabo being a logia--thus physical attacks wont affect him in general) and has bruised Luffy in their fight (A Paramecia resistant to blunt attacks, but he was engaging Fujitora in melee for the vast majority of the fight, and Fujitora is shown to be a Buso Haki user that can apply it to his weaponry and self).

I don't think that's a good point; Luffy has been bruised in several of his fights before. He is resistant to blunt attacks, not immune to them.

I see no good reason for why Luffy at full gear 4th power shouldn't scale from Fujitora, even if the latter was not going all out in his confrontation with gear 2nd, or why the admirals shouldn't scale from Pica, or why we shouldn't consider the Whitebeard and Blackbeard feats as legitimate. We tend to scale in this manner for plenty of other verses.

You seem to go out of your way to not acknowledge perfectly valid One Piece feats in general. It is getting tiresome to deal with for other members, such as Calaca.

@Antvasima; Do you mean full Gear 3rd power?

And most of the things you've mentioned have nothing to do with this thread; you can't use my objections against bad scaling in other threads to say "Well, Damage is just ignoring another One Piece feat here, so he's wrong."

I gave a couple of good reasons why for we shouldn't scale Fujitora's maximum power to Luffy's durability. That you haven't actually pointed out a flaw in my reasoning makes me question if you've actually read my arguments.

I have admittedly only had the time to skim through them due to overwork. I have just noticed that you are being very argumentative and obstructionist in general when it comes to One Piece, even for perfectly valid feats, and that other members find it extremely tiresome to deal with.

@Antvasima; I apologize if I give off that impression, but this is how I treat every series when it comes to proposed revisions that I believe has issues. Someone believing a feat is perfectly valid doesn't mean everyone has to agree.

If you are only skimming the thread and aren't actually reading what the opposition has to say, then I think you are potentially letting a degree of bias affect you when you're agreeing with the proposed revisions.

I do agree with him on one thing though, the scaling we use for OP can be pretty ass. Plenty of pre time skip stuff that looks wonky. And we even had 8-C Hody til recently, so it doesn't just go in one direction.

I'm also against scaling Luffy to Fujitora honestly, but at the same time I also think Luffy should just scale to Pica's golem. I didn't really understand why Zoro wouldn't scale to it.

@Tetsucabrah; I don't think that Luffy should scale to Fujitora's full power for a couple of reasons, but my suggested compromise was to scale him to 1.19 Gigatons for his feat of being hit by the Ferocious Tiger (minus the energy that went into environmental damage + holding the rubble in the air).

This would make Gear 4 Luffy to be "At least Large Mountain level+, likely higher".

Like I know I just clowned on Whis for wanting Zoro upgrades, but he just wants upgrades for the sake of upgrades. He argues for 6-B Zoro every other week.

I think Zoro should still scale to Pica though.

Wouldn't fujitora's durability scale to his AP? I think it would; we have no reason to assume it wouldn't either; in which case considering both Luffy and Fuji fought eachothet for sometime the fact they're both equally bruised sort of suggests that G3 and Fuji harmed each other an equal amount. Thus scaling.

@Damage

Okay. My apologies if I brought offense.

Ryuga21 said:
How many people disagree with this? Only Damage?
Xulrev as well. Dr. Fix is disagreeing with some of the scaling.

From earlier up in the thread, Qawsedf appears to disagree with it as well.

What's being discussed now first of all. It's confusing when we don't know what's being discussed so agreeing and disagreeing is hard.

I only care about the calc.

First of scaling should be on a separate thread entirely. We shouldn't discuss thst here

@AstralKing7; the calc is already accepted and in use. This thread is the thread for the scaling.

It seems like we have reached a conclusion then.

@Antvasima; does that mean you're fine with my suggestion to resolve the scaling as well?

To be clear I am good with Gear 3 scaling to Issho via a compromise and Gear 4 getting 6-C. Those who fought well against gear 4 also get 6-C. I'm uncomfortable giving Duffy, who was rag dolled and powerless against Gear 4, 6-C when the latter is so close to baseline. I think scaling Duffy to Issho and Gear 3 makes more sense given his feats against them. The difference is still small enough that Duffy surviving is still feesable while still being significant.

I already made it clear I think Gear 2nd should stay as 7-A.

Edit to be clear Kuzan would still get baseline 6-C and Duffy would "partially scale" for tanking similar to Gear 4.

@Ant and Damage - Again, I do not agree with the 1.19GT scaling. It is very arbitrary. Again, Luffy has withstood fighting Fujitora for an extended period, so scaling him from a single attack that is subtracting both the PE needed to hold up the rubble and the AoE that hit the boulder is pretty ridiculous. Especially given the fact that Luffy's light bruising indicates he has taken several strikes beforehand just fine.

Especially when Damage already admitted that the Ferocious Tiger may be "higher" in scaling for Fujitora after my explanation. Therefore Luffy should not be negatively affected because of such a random assumption that Luffy tanked energy that was < the energy of a casual Fujitora feat.

Again, High 7-A+ comes from literally nothing other than when Damage attempted the following: 1) Not scale Gear 2nd fully to Fujitora, and simply make it baseline with absolutely no reasoning, 2) Previously suggesting that Fujitora was holding back despite outright stating he had the resolve to guide Luffy to hell himself, and 3) Suggestiong that Ferocious Tiger = Rubble feat >>> Normal attacks, when it can just as easily (and far more convincingly) be argued that Ferocious Tiger > Normal Attacks >/=/< Rubble feat.

Doflamingo's statement literally states the following: "He's using the tensile force to raise his power several times beyond its limit".

1) Doflamingo has seen and blocked attacks from Gear 3rd.

2) Doflamingo has taken many strikes from Luffy in all of his forms (minus Gear 3rd on panel, but he has engaged it--it's just too slow to land a hit on him), so he obviously has a general idea on how powerful Luffy is at this moment without Gear 4th.

So Damage's arguments are entirely based off SEVERAL assumptions:

Assumption 1) Doflamingo isn't counting Gear 3rd.

• The belief that he can't consider the power of Gear 3rd by not taking hits physically on-panel despite literally witnessing the ability at least twice is pretty ridiculous.
Assumption 2) Gear 2nd Luffy should not scale to Fujitora.

• Why? I don't even know. Gear 2nd Luffy was pushing Fujitora back on-panel, and Luffy held his own against him for quite a long time--both of them were even showing fatigue after their exchanges.
Assumption 3) Fujitora's normal attacks w/ DF are inferior to his Rubble feat, which in turn is equal to his Ferocious Tiger.

• Even if this were to be the case, this is an opinion, and there's no reason to treat this as fact when nothing inverse suggests this.
Assumption 4) Fujitora's normal attacks are weaker than his feat / Fujitora was holding back

• The former holds no merit because... that's an opinion that can not be supported. As for the latter, Fujitora stated himself that he was resolved to killing Luffy (up until citizen interference)
My overall conclusion remains this:

Luffy fought Fujitora, hurting him with Gear 3rd and clashing with him evenly on-panel. Therefore, Gear 3rd alone should scale to Fujitora completely (At least the 1.52 GT suggestion).

Luffy also fought Fujitora with Gear 2nd, pushing him back and holding his own for an extended period. We also see that Luffy has sustained several bruises, suggesting that he took attacks from Fujitora directly long before Ferocious Tiger came into play. Therefore, his Gear 2nd is at the very least comparable to Fujitora (</= 1.52GT).

As stated and proven numerous times, Luffy has taken hits from Fujitora, clashed with him, and no-sold the Ferocious Tiger (Pretty certain he only went flying because... it's gravity). Therefore his durability would also scale from 1.52GT.

As a result, Dressrosa Key Luffy's tiering would be the following:

At least Low 7-B, likely 7-A in Base (same reasons), Likely High 7-A with Gear 2nd (Fought Fujitora for some time and took hits from him, even tanking his Ferocious Tiger at point-blank), High 7-A with Gear 3rd (Hurt Fujitora and clashed evenly with him), 6-C with Bound Man (Regarded by Doflamingo to be at least 3x as strong as his previous "limit")

@Fix - This wall is long enough, so I might as well make a new comment for you.

@Fix - Doflamingo's inability to "do anything" to Gear 4th has been covered quite a number of times. He's already been gravely wounded (Which very clearly weakened him, and was pointed out by Luffy). Also, Bound Man is simply faster than Doflamingo--which holds no merit against AP and Durability.

But ignoring those reasons, Doflamingo blocked a Kong Gun without his arms suffering damage (In fact, the arm that took the attack directly didn't even have Haki on it, so we can fully scale Doffy's Durability to Gear 4th), took a Rhino Schneider and Culverin to the face (the latter with no protection from Haki), and withstood a Leo Bazooka despite being stunned for a short period of time.

Afterwards, Luffy has a flashback to the time a Kong Gun failed to defeat an opponent on the island he was training on, noting it was not going to work before the next panel shows Doflamingo, then Rayleigh suggesting Luffy tries something else... This is when Luffy resolves to KKG.

Also, Doflamingo's threads withstanding hits from Gear 4th.

So, Durability is covered.

As for Attack Potency, we know Doflamingo physically could not hurt Luffy. But context should be noted. This is due to his kick not being effective due to Luffy's Haki canceling out Doflamingo's Haki while Luffy's Blunt Force resistance (which we still don't know why he can use it while armored in Gear 4th) negates the kick.

Sadly, after Doflamingo reveals his awakening, the battle goes off-panel for the majority of the engagement. When we return to the fight, we see that Luffy is on the defensive, but more importantly--he is evading Doflamingo's attacks. If Luffy could just negate the attacks cuz his Durability is >> Doffy's AP, it wouldn't make sense why he's just dodging, or why Doflamingo lasted so long, but then we see there's a clear difference to Luffy physically before and after the 20 minute skip:

Before

After - It also looks like during this, one of the threads grazed his face, giving him the bleeding on the right side (our left) of his face. I could be wrong though, since Dressrosa injuries flip-flop throughout the arc.

We didn't even get to see 95% of the fight.

(Lol, then at the last panel, again, infamous Dressrosa trend, injuries for both keep vanishing into thin air--Most of Luffy's scratches just disappear within the same page).

So, Doflamingo is certainly weaker than Bound-Man obviously from their display (Kata, too but i'll get to that), but it's not a fair comparison if Doflamingo--shortly before this--started recovering from an attack that would have certainly killed him. It's basically confirmed from Luffy's words in chapter 783, and also the fact that somehow, Doflamingo went from stomping Luffy in 2.5 engagements (3rd was interrupted by Law's supposed death), to suddenly struggling during the last 2 before Gear 4th popped.

Also, Cracker shouldn't get a durability scaling to Gear 4th since the only hit he took resulting in a KO, and Katakuri also got rag-dolled by Bound-Man without his Future-sight just like Doflamingo. Both fought on the defense.

If a healthy Katakuri gets scaling to Bound-Man Luffy for the same exact durability feats as Doflamingo, then a withered Doflamingo certainly scales for taking the same exact blows.

Also, The Admiral scaling is completely eff'd up. I think someone was lazy and just reverted changes rather than actually going into the descriptions...

High 7-A Aokiji from Akainu... from blocking a quake from a 6-B character?

Aokiji should be getting his scaling literally from Doflamingo to justify the High 7-A (Which will be 6-C) tier, and Akainu defeated Aokiji.

CinCameron20 said:
Also, The Admiral scaling is completely eff'd up. I think someone was lazy and just reverted changes rather than actually going into the descriptions...
High 7-A Aokiji from Akainu... from blocking a quake from a 6-B character?

Aokiji should be getting his scaling literally from Doflamingo to justify the High 7-A (Which will be 6-C) tier, and Akainu defeated Aokiji.
I see you weren't in the know on the CRT that established how bunk the quake scaling is.

It was widely accepted and the scaling is 100% accurate. Don't disparage something you aren't versed on, please.

Aokiji wouldn't scale to Doffy for his esoteric abilities since the rating comes primarily from Haki, however. The ice-powers have their own calc that Damage created for them and that would be about the end of it. That, plus they're durability negating, so scaling AP from them is not acceptable.

@Xul - No, you fail to understand my concerns. I suggest reading again.

Aokiji and Akainu get High 7-A scaling directly from eachother (Circle-scaling, which is invalid), and the description says he blocked a quake from WB, who is 6-B on his page.

Therefore, if a normal visitor went onto the profile for Aokiji, was curious about his scaling, clicked the following links, he would be left confused af.

Aokiji should scale from Doflamingo since Doflamingo literally walked away from him despite needing to silence Smoker--opting to change his plan since Aokiji got involved.

Otherwise, where does the High 7-A come from? a 7-A feat?

You're having characters scale from a 6-B character (yes I know about the CRT thread, now name visitors that do) and a 7-A feat to justify a High 7-A scaling. Then having Akainu "stronger than any top commander" with no examples to link to.

Mass confusion.

You mean the scaling that goes

Stronger than Yonko Commander --> Akainu = Aokiji?

The Whitebeard stuff was already discussed, I suggest researching the background on it yourself, as well as doing the very thing you suggest of myself, fallaciously.

Doffy should realistically only scale to the 7-A feat from his interaction with Aokiji, yes, that is my point however.

There's no mass confusion here really, beyond what you're just kicking up dust about. The scaling was accepted and validated by others before even my CRT, so if you want to fix it I'd say just throw up a simple CRT

Back