• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Once again, no idea why

Speed is equalized, so it's less likely for him to make the contact required to get it off. Stealing souls doesn't require physical contact. Nor does sealing IIRC.

Once again though, Jack doesn't 'fight' in the way others do. Assuming that he would just summon his ace monsters then it's far more likely that he'll just take Cell's soul, for getting that close would be his downfall. Soul stealing and sealing has a better range than Cell's absorption.

I dunno man, Cell was REALLY fast on Solar Flare when he felt something is going wrong and immediately going for the absorb. Can you name a few times Jack abused Soul Manipulation like you're saying? Because Cell actually spams beams quite a lot in Semi form now that I think about it.

I mean, it varies from series to series. Depending on the duel, one can lose their soul. But I mean, I'm not sure how such a fight is even possible. Frieza can't duel, and Jack can't fight conventionally like how Frieza does. I honestly think we should hold off on this until we get some specific rules on how card game characters, board game characters and the like are able to contend with conventional fighting characters.

Oh yeah that's true! Some fights might go like

Jack: "I dra-"

Cell: "GALICK GUN FIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Jack: "Wait what LET ME FINISH ME TUUUUUUUR-" Gone.

Lol. Though by game mechanics, Cell can't do that unless Galick Gun is some kind of OTK handtrap, which wouldn't be made in the first place. So Cell would have to sit there and patiently wonder why he can't blast Jack as Jack summons his star level synchro monsters, and then wonder why he can't fight them head to head.

XD, I've seen that. I don't think Jack uses any banned cards, but he does summon in face up defense position. The anime tends to have bad wording on cards, and the main characters don't always follow the rules. Though they got much better at being true to the rules starting with Zexal. 5Ds wasn't bad, minus the summoning in face-up defense position. As funny as that video is though, Yugi's moves were actually valid as he was simply playing in an older format. Nowadays, any character not from VRrains can't do much because of the link mechanic.

Back