• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou takes on the Ultimate Life Form

Garou could copy his strength, but Saitama AD was just too fast and too much for him to keep up even with that
There's actually quite a logical explanation.

First thing Garou couldn't keep up with how fast the growth was he would copy but instantly get surpassed then copy again then get surpassed. Now conventionally Instant matching should keep par with the exponential Growth. But Garou's instant match requires him to perceive an attack before replication. Which brings back to what I previously stated fast enough exponential Growth can surpass Garou's Instant matching. He just couldn't keep up as every time he matched Saitama would perception blitz him and come back with a vastly stronger attack.

He didn't copy his Accelerated Development because he can only copy what he perceives. Saitamas accelerated development came from his Emotions Garou cannot perceive emotions and copy that. lol

Garou could copy his strength, but Saitama AD was just too fast and too much for him to keep up even with that
There's 2 scenarios in my head about how Garou's power mimicry work, and even in both scenarios I still can't really understand it:

Scenario 1: Garou copied Saitama at the beginning of the fight, and grew stronger because he had access to Saitama's RE
Scenario 2: Garou copied Saitama at the beginning of the fight, and grew stronger by "snapshotting" Saitama's current strength, and continuing to "snapshot" Saitama's strength as Saitama grew stronger, therefore keeping up

In Scenario 1, if Garou had full access to Saitama's abilities, why was Saitama still winning?
In Scenario 2, if Garou was constantly snapshotting Saitama's strength, why was he being overwhelmed exponentially if he can perfectly copy Saitama's exact strength every time he snapshots?

And how does this translate to Cell, if it matters to him at all?

There's actually quite a logical explanation.

First thing Garou couldn't keep up with how fast the growth was he would copy but instantly get surpassed then copy again then get surpassed. Now conventionally Instant matching should keep par with the exponential Growth. But Garou's instant match requires him to perceive an attack before replication. Which brings back to what I previously stated fast enough exponential Growth can surpass Garou's Instant matching. He just couldn't keep up as every time he matched Saitama would perception blitz him and come back with a vastly stronger attack.

He didn't copy his Accelerated Development because he can only copy what he perceives. Saitamas accelerated development came from his Emotions Garou cannot perceive emotions and copy that. lol
ahhhh i see now

can Cell theoretically emulate this? He does have Goku's Vegeta's, and more importantly Frieza's DNA.
Goku and Vegeta trained 3 years in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and went from being weaker than Base Black to dominating Rose Black
Frieza trained for 4 months and went from 4C to 2C

Saitama just grows faster than Garou can copy that's it. Despite how fast he can copy he still needs time. Garou is still vulnerable to bloodlusted characters who can simply blitz and one-shot him faster than he can register.

Saitama just grows faster than Garou can copy that's it. Despite how fast he can copy he still needs time. Garou is still vulnerable to bloodlusted characters who can simply blitz and one-shot him faster than he can register.
can Cell do the same thing?

ahhhh i see now

can Cell theoretically emulate this? He does have Goku's Vegeta's, and more importantly Frieza's DNA.
Goku and Vegeta trained 3 years in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and went from being weaker than Base Black to dominating Rose Black
Frieza trained for 4 months and went from 4C to 2C
Training in a Time chamber is quite ambiguous moreover it was a place specialized for growing so this won't scale to any of Goku, Vegeta, and Friezas Accelerated Development. Though I am aware that Goku and Vegeta have Accelerated Development embedded in their DNA. Its more of Linear Growth (Not exponential) and or Power Jumps. Additionally, it isn't a constant rise just inconsistent moments which are futile to Garou's Instant replication and exponential Growth. What's worse is that they only start linearly growing and power jumping in the middle of battle and Garou just 1 shots Cell off the bat lol.

So No he wouldn't be able to emulate this situation unless there's proof he has Exponential Growth faster than Garous. Which he doesn't have....

Oh, you are talking about Cell's growth? He doesn't grow as fast as Garou or Saitama in combat. He only gets massive boosts from near-death experiences.

Training in a Time chamber is quite ambiguous moreover it was a place specialized for growing so this won't scale to any of Goku, Vegeta, and Friezas Accelerated Development. Though I am aware that Goku and Vegeta have Accelerated Development embedded in their DNA. Its more of Linear Growth (Not exponential) and or Power Jumps. Additionally, it isn't a constant rise just inconsistent moments which are futile to Garou's Instant replication and exponential Growth. What's worse is that they only start linearly growing and power jumping in the middle of battle and Garou just 1 shots Cell off the bat lol.

So No he wouldn't be able to emulate this situation unless there's proof he has Exponential Growth faster than Garous. Which he doesn't have....
alright, thanks for the clarification

What Garou's direct resistances to absorption? if Cell's summons are the same level has him couldn't he just overwhelm Garou with the 2.5X AP advantage if he opens up with big enough attacks?

What Garou's direct resistances to absorption? if Cell's summons are the same level has him couldn't he just overwhelm Garou with the 2.5X AP advantage if he opens up with big enough attacks?
Garou is now 4.3 Yottafoe even if we were to ignore all of his other abilities vs Cell 5.4 Yottafoe

Cell can only absorb Garou via 2 methods which is stabbing Garou with his tail and or litterly absorbing him with his tail. Stabbing wouldnt work because in Cosmic Fear mode his body is like "Armour" which Cell cannot penetrate through. Cell cannot absorb because Garou emits deadly amounts of radiation that would kill him if he even gets the oppertunity, just imagine swallowing Extreme amounts of radioactive material all at once..Yea thats what cells essentially trying to do but Garous on a way bigger scale.

As for overwhelming, Garou is only overwhelmed by speed. If the attack is just really strong, he would copy it with no issue like serious punch squared for example. He was overwhelmed by some of Saitama's attacks because of the Speed.

Cell can only absorb Garou via 2 methods which is stabbing Garou with his tail and or litterly absorbing him with his tail. Stabbing wouldnt work because in Cosmic Fear mode his body is like "Armour" which Cell cannot penetrate through. Cell cannot absorb because Garou emits deadly amounts of radiation that would kill him if he even gets the oppertunity, just imagine swallowing Extreme amounts of radioactive material all at once..Yea thats what cells essentially trying to do but Garous on a way bigger scale.

As for overwhelming, Garou is only overwhelmed by speed. If the attack is just really strong, he would copy it with no issue like serious punch squared for example. He was overwhelmed by some of Saitama's attacks because of the Speed.
Cell is an android though just with organic genes of those he's absorbed and copied, wouldn't that alone suggest the radiation wouldn't be lethal to him.

Regardless I was always under the impression dragon ball characters had resistances to toxic radiation through ki no?

Fair enough on the armour, though is it ever explained how tough his armour is or it "withstanding" Saitama's punches or something? Cell can make lots of organic "Weaker" copies of himself to keep Garou busy whilst he could open with an Armour piercing attack like the SBC which he'd have access too.

Cell is an android though just with organic genes of those he's absorbed and copied, wouldn't that alone suggest the radiation wouldn't be lethal to him.

Regardless I was always under the impression dragon ball characters had resistances to toxic radiation through ki no?

Fair enough on the armour, though is it ever explained how tough his armour is or it "withstanding" Saitama's punches or something? Cell can make lots of organic "Weaker" copies of himself to keep Garou busy whilst he could open with an Armour piercing attack like the SBC which he'd have access too.
80 Grays of cosmic radiation would likely have a severe impact on a robot, particularly on its electronic systems. Normal Cosmic rays, a form of ionizing radiation, which can degrade the semiconductor materials used in electronics, reducing their useful lifetime. They can create electron-hole pairs in the electronics, changing the transistor parameters and eventually destroying them. They can also cause leakage currents between circuits. Ionizing radiation breaks down the materials within the electrical equipment. For example, when wiring is exposed to gamma rays, no change is noticed until the wiring is flexed or bent. The wire’s insulation becomes brittle and will break and may cause shorts in the equipment.

But in the case of 80 Grays of cosmic radiation which Garou passively emits, this is a very high dose. For for reference, in humans, a dose of 6.0 Gy can cause symptoms to start after 30 minutes, and a dose of >10 Gy can lead to 100% death in 7 days. While you are right robots don’t have biological systems, this comparison gives an idea of the severity of such a high dose of radiation which would break down Cell. So yea a robot exposed to 80 Grays of cosmic radiation would likely experience significant degradation or failure of its electronic systems Instantly.

Ki would suggest a resistance to heat but not Radiation.

The thing about Garou is he tends to fight against the strongest, and that's an old trick in the book that's not fooling an Extraordinary Genius Plus Garou's Analytical Prediction and Instinctive Reaction would cover this.

^ he couldn't. That speed gap is way beyond OPM verse. Unless you are willing to argue against NLF. Something like this happened before.

I think that's not how it works. Either he can copy it in one go or he can't at all.

This isn't accepted as far as I'm aware. If we do the same to his AP, then we will do the same to his speed.

See nothing regarding such in the page tho, only to not apply Non Limits Falacy to it, which is not being done

See nothing regarding such in the page tho, only to not apply Non Limits Falacy to it, which is not being done
The CRT I posted isn't just about him being able to copy it from low to low. It's outright rejected that he can reach 3-A levels of power even over time. Reason being "he has never shown to reach this level by copying". Then we will do the same here, he has never shown to reach this level of speed by copying. I'm not arguing against he can't copy anything higher than he currently is. I'm arguing against what you're claiming, that he can "eventually" reach Cell's level of speed. It's not accepted.

The CRT I posted isn't just about him being able to copy it from low to low. It's outright rejected that he can reach 3-A levels of power even over time. Reason being "he has never shown to reach this level by copying". Then we will do the same here, he has never shown to reach this level of speed by copying. I'm not arguing against he can't copy anything higher than he currently is. I'm arguing against what you're claiming, that he can "eventually" reach Cell's level of speed. It's not accepted.
That is how power mimicry works, that is what the page says, and nothing on garou's profile says that he can't, soooo

That is how power mimicry works.
And there's a limit to it, it's even stated on the page. This doesn't just apply to Garou. Any other characters with power mimicry can't be allowed to copy something far beyond their current rating in versus matches.
and nothing on garou's profile says that he can't, soooo
Umm, you are just being ironic here I assume? It doesn't need to be speficially stated on his profile because it's a general rule.

And there's a limit to it, it's even stated on the page. This doesn't just apply to Garou. Any other characters with power mimicry can't be allowed to copy something far beyond their current rating in versus matches.

Umm, you are just being ironic here I assume? It doesn't need to be speficially stated on his profile because it's a general rule.
i....don't see that mentioned on the page tho?

Meh, we'll remove that limit sooner or later Garou and Saitama literally broke their limiter which is a very literal cap of power in the series

i....don't see that mentioned on the page tho?
What needs to be mentioned? It's a general rule. Power Mimicry doesn't just apply to the raw abilities a person can copy, it talks about the raw stats as well.

A CRT thread was made specifically to prevent Garou from copying raw stats far above his current rating (which does apply to other characters with the same limit as Garou). Whatever you said doesn't change the fact that there's a rule at least prevents Garou from copying far higher stats.
Meh, we'll remove that limit sooner or later Garou and Saitama literally broke their limiter which is a very literal cap of power in the series
I mean a CRT about this needs to be made and knowledged for Garou to be able to copy up to High 3-A power. Currently, there's a thread that stops him from copying such AP levels (already accepted).

Back