• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
King Loki

Knull said that Gorr was a mortal that cannot understand theAll Black and he stomped three Thors and almost killed every god in existence with the God Bomb. Old Thor said that Loki was far more powerful than Gorr (before the annihilablade ).

So Necro King Loki would scale with the All Father Thor with full Thor force but above Thor.

Phoenix force

Phoenix force have as many feats to scale to 2-A as the Odin Force have. So, Old King Thor should be equal to wolverine phoenix and below Gorr.

Yes, but the version of Galactus that Old King Thor fought and lost to was not well fed. He was moderately fed at best. He entered the scene saying he was hungry and tried to devour the Earth.

Okay. Well, if Necro King Loki is comparable or superior to Gorr, the God Butcher, then we need some good evidence that Gorr is 2-A. Right now his profile justifies his standing by simply scaling him to Old King Thor, which is circular reasoning since we are trying to upgrade Old King Thor. We need an independant feat that also does not rely on the Necrosword's relation to the Celestials. Remember, simply wielding the Necrosword is not enough to make somebody 2-A.

So does Gorr, the God Butcher have any 2-A feats?

Why simply wielding the Necrosword is not enough to make somebody 2-A ? Gorr in Old King timeline have killed and enslaved many gods whose the power empowered him and the sword

Because the sword was meant to be wielded by a god, which both Gorr and Thor admit, a mortal wielding it isnt able to draw out its full power, thats why he only achieved its full power after absorbing so much god essence that Gorr himself became a being on the level of a god

Wielding the sword is not 2-A by itself because how much it empowers the host clearly varies. Gorr was wielding the sword even back when standard Thor was giving him a hard time. You need an independant 2-A feat to qualify for 2-A, or at least a statement verifying that the sword is being used at its maximum potential.

Please, take as long as you need. Frankly, I have things I'm trying to get done as well. If anything, the slow pace is convenient for me.

But i'am saying that future Gorr that fougth three Thors and even old king himself admits that he doesn't know if with Thor force he would win.

@Luck100:

Yes, I know, but that cannot be used as proof that Gorr is 2-A. Let me explain the problem more clearly.

We are trying to see if Old King Thor is 2-A, right? And one way of doing that is by comparing him to other 2-A characters. So the argument being used is "Old King Thor traded blows with Necro King Loki, who is 2-A." Well, how do we know Necro King Loki is 2-A? "Because he's comparable or superior to Gorr, who is 2-A." Well, how do we know Gorr is 2-A? "Because he's stronger than Old King Thor, who is 2-A." But how do we know Old King Thor is 2-A? "Old King Thor traded blows with Necro King Loki, who is 2-A."

See the issue? We need somebody to display an independant 2-A feat in order to break out of this logic cycle. We cannot declare Gorr, Old King Thor, or Necro King Loki 2-A if we only use feats of them fighting each other.

With everything WeeklyBattles and the others posted Gorr is easily 2-A also Matt you still haven't said why you disagree with King Thor being 2-A aside of just saying "fought with x", anyway king thor is clearly 2-A

Well, I'm a little late to the party. I might have missed some of their really good arguments for Gorr being 2-A. Ashen, could you please explain them again here for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Gorr is only 2-A at the very end of the story, for the majority of the story he's only 4-B scaling to young and avenger Thor and some of the stronger Gods he killed

Well, sure. That's what I would expect. Even regular Thor could fight him at the beginning of the story. but what 2-A feats does he perform at the very end of the story?

Okay. We cannot use knocking out King Thor as a 2-A feat just yet because we are trying to use Gorr's feats to upgrade King Thor. That's circular reasoning. But if there was a scene where they mentioned Gorr was utilizing the full power of the All-Black Necrosword, that might qualify. Could you provide me of a scan for that once you're off work and have some spare time?

We're not using Gorr's feats though? I'll post it soon but just to be clear we're not scaling King Thor to 2-A Gorr

Oh, okay. Then what are you scaling Old King Thor from? (And yes, please do find the scan anyway. It will be useful regardless.)

Right. You see, the problem with that is that based on everything I've been presented with so far, King Loki only gets a 2-A rating if we can first prove that Gorr is 2-A, so that's already kind of indirectly scaling Old King Thor from Gorr. And Old Man Doom can likewise only be scaled from Phoenix Force Wolverine. So at the end of the day, unless Old Man Doom, King Loki, or Old King Thor have independant 2-A feats that I have not been shown yet, it all traces back to Gorr and Phoenix Force Wolverine. We need one of those two (preferably both) to have a solid 2-A showing to complete the scaling chain.

@ClassicNESfan

Well for Phoenix Force Wolverine, our scaling says this for Phoenix Force Avatars:

1/5 PF = At least 4-B, Possibly 2-A

1/2 PF = 2-A

Full PF = 2-A

So, if PF Wolverine has the whole Phoenix Force, he's 2-A just for possessing it. And if Old Man Doom scales to him, that would also make him 2-A.

@NES King Loki killed Ego who is 2-A and due to being a god who is wielding All Black he gets access to full power all-black by default as thats how all-black works

@NES King Loki killed Ego who is 2-A and due to being a god who is wielding All Black he gets access to full power all-black by default as thats how all-black works

ClassicNESfan said:
I am not well read on Phoenix Force lore. Are its avatars always 2-A without exception or do they vary?
Yes actually, especially in Logan's case due to having the full Phoenix Force rather than just a fragment of it like the Phoenix Five

@WeeklyBattles: We talked about this earlier. Ego was not killed while he still had his Necrosword amp. King Loki managed to trick him into giving it up first, so killing Ego is not a 2-A feat. However, if you can provide some scans that explain god characters immediately tap into the full power of the Necrosword, then that should suffice as 2-A evidence.

That is incorrect. If you check the scene closely you will notice that the Necrosword began bonding with Ego before he went nuts. (Notice the black veins slowly overtaking his body as Galactus foolishly lets the Necrosword sit inside him for too long). The evidence here suggests that Ego only managed to defeat Galactus because of his own Necrosword amp. We have no evidence that he could have done so without it, and even if he could, that would be a very unusually high showing for Ego, which doesn't help in regards to the criticism Ant has been giving this story for being unreliable in general.

I think this is the scene i was talking about?

Also i looked into what Ashen was saying and he's actually right, Gorr in the recent King Thor series beat both King Thor and King Loki using All Black albeit since he was ressurected into being an actual God he had full power to All-Black from the get go so that would actually be consistent

Back