• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

ポケモン映画公式サイトの「湯山監督当時を語る」のインタビュー動画にて監督の湯山邦彦が  アルセウスは全知全能の設定だと明言しており、世界の創造や世界改変もやっているので、ルールに基づき常時全能とする。
Is this translation accurate? I want to confirm
In an interview video of "Talking about the Days of Director Yuyama" on the official Pokemon movie website, director Kunihiko Yuyama clearly states that Arceus is an omniscient and omnipotent setting, and he also creates the world and changes the world, so he will always be omnipotent based on the rules.

Introduction​

I have an issue with two raw scans, the MTL barely gives any sense and I need human translation for it. I hope, you see this and mind translating it. (this is important for the verse I am working for it)
こうして、俺達は友達になったのだ。
さて、それでは出発しようかな。っと、その前に、 (で、行く前に一応聞いておくけど、その封印って解けないの?) (我の力では解けぬな。勇者と同格のユニークスキル持ちなら、あるいは可能性がある かもしれぬが......) (ヴェルドラはユニークスキル、持ってないのか?) (持っている。が、封印された時点で、全て使えないな。かろうじて、『念話』が出来 るのみだ......)
本来、勇者のユニークスキル 『無限牢獄』は、対象を永遠の時間、無限の虚数空間に 封じ込めるスキルであり、現実世界への干渉を許す程甘い能力ではないのだそうだ。 この場合、『念話』だけしか出来ないという考え方の方がおかしい。
時間とともに封印が弱まる事などないのだから、現実世界を認識した上、『念話』だ けでも干渉可能なヴェルドラの方が異常なのだと言える。
いつも調子に乗って失敗しているし、ここは慎重になるべき時である。 ともかく、権能の確認だ。
アルティメットスキル・ウリエル
《解。究極能力『誓約之王』の権能は――》
いつものように、智慧之王さんに説明してもらう。 俺のエクストラスキルまでも、この中に統廃合されたらしい。残る固有スキルが、 「無限再生、万能感知、万能変化、魔王棚気、強化分身、万能糸」だけになってしまっ た。 そしてその権能――『無限牢獄、法則操作、万能結界、空間支配」の、主に四つ。
無限牢獄:対象を虚数空間へ閉じ込める。 万能結界 : 多重構成された複合結界と、空間断絶による絶対防御。 法則操作 :黒炎雷。魔力操作。熱量操作及び、慣性制御。自在に『胃袋』へと熱の出 し入れを可能

One note on my side: Please see how this term is being used in the context of “虚数”, and how would you understand the context of this term.

『すべては世界の筋書き通り。デルゾゲードとエーベラストアンゼッタ。二つの城と融合すれば、それを取り返せると汝らは思ったのかもしれないが、それは私にとっても同じこと』
Can anyone please translate this?
That is kind of what he says, although getting the video would be better (I have the video and am making a blog about that, so it could be useful to wait).
Could you please take a look at this ?

『すべては世界の筋書き通り。デルゾゲードとエーベラストアンゼッタ。二つの城と融合すれば、それを取り返せると汝らは思ったのかもしれないが、それは私にとっても同じこと』
Bump ^^^
Please anyone

Hello! (First time commenting on this thread, huh)

I'm looking for someone fluent in japanese that can translate this scene and compared it to the english version:

Japanese: (from 5:40 to 6:30)

English: (from 8:55 to 9:40)

In particular, I'm wondering if the english dialogue:
To see such truths proven anew, beyond the bounds of time and space, bringeth joy to me.
I am glad that I chose thee to call to this world.
As thou walkest onward upon thine own path...
Upon thee...and upon this creation where thou now dwellest...

Particularly the part where it references "beyond the bounds of time and space", if it refers to "this crearion where thou now dwellest" (which would be the realm they are currently at).

It would be extremely helpful for the conclusion of this thread.

Thanks in advance!

じかんくうかんをこえ あらためて しめしてくれたこと よろこびます
このせかいに あなたをよんでよかった
これからのあなた
そしてあなたがいきていくうちゅうを

Going to change some of it to kanji to make it easier to explain (Basically Arceus' text in the entire game is in hiragana, so I'll add the kanji to it)

時間空間をこえ 改めて 示してくれたこと  喜びます
I'm glad that you showed that again to me beyond/across time and space

So, this is a topic from Kirby's discussion, but the term "こえ" can both refer to crossing something and also being beyond something, it all depends on the kanji if you want to be grammatically correct (The difference is if is with 越 or 超). A lot of sources still use the two terms interchangeably, so context will matter a lot. However, the fact that Arceus' text is always in hiragana makes it impossible to be 100% grammatically correct. I will say that in regards to Pokémon, the localization team directly talks with Game Freak and has access to setting documentation and uses that to be sure of certain elements in the game, so I trust their decision of using "beyond" (Although in the context of Japanese production, it's very common to use "beyond/exceeding time" to just mean time travel, that literally happened with Celebi's movie. So in this context, I would say that it's just a reference to the MC having traveled to the past).

このせかいに あなたをよんでよかった
この世界に 貴方をよんでよかった
I'm glad I called you to this world

In the context from before, again it could refer either to the Hall of Origin or just the fact the MC has been sent to Hissui

これからのあなた
これからの貴方
You from now on

そしてあなたがいきていくうちゅうを
そして貴方が生きて行く宇宙を
And the universe where you live in

So, the way it's worded here it really seems to be talking about the fact that the player lives in Hissui instead of talking about the Hall of Origin.

Introduction​

I have an issue with two raw scans, the MTL barely gives any sense and I need human translation for it. I hope, you see this and mind translating it. (this is important for the verse I am working for it)
こうして、俺達は友達になったのだ。
さて、それでは出発しようかな。っと、その前に、 (で、行く前に一応聞いておくけど、その封印って解けないの?) (我の力では解けぬな。勇者と同格のユニークスキル持ちなら、あるいは可能性がある かもしれぬが......) (ヴェルドラはユニークスキル、持ってないのか?) (持っている。が、封印された時点で、全て使えないな。かろうじて、『念話』が出来 るのみだ......)
本来、勇者のユニークスキル 『無限牢獄』は、対象を永遠の時間、無限の虚数空間に 封じ込めるスキルであり、現実世界への干渉を許す程甘い能力ではないのだそうだ。 この場合、『念話』だけしか出来ないという考え方の方がおかしい。
時間とともに封印が弱まる事などないのだから、現実世界を認識した上、『念話』だ けでも干渉可能なヴェルドラの方が異常なのだと言える。
いつも調子に乗って失敗しているし、ここは慎重になるべき時である。 ともかく、権能の確認だ。
アルティメットスキル・ウリエル
《解。究極能力『誓約之王』の権能は――》
いつものように、智慧之王さんに説明してもらう。 俺のエクストラスキルまでも、この中に統廃合されたらしい。残る固有スキルが、 「無限再生、万能感知、万能変化、魔王棚気、強化分身、万能糸」だけになってしまっ た。 そしてその権能――『無限牢獄、法則操作、万能結界、空間支配」の、主に四つ。
無限牢獄:対象を虚数空間へ閉じ込める。 万能結界 : 多重構成された複合結界と、空間断絶による絶対防御。 法則操作 :黒炎雷。魔力操作。熱量操作及び、慣性制御。自在に『胃袋』へと熱の出 し入れを可能

One note on my side: Please see how this term is being used in the context of “虚数”, and how would you understand the context of this term.
Bump

このせかいに あなたをよんでよかった
これからのあなた
そしてあなたがいきていくうちゅうを

Going to change some of it to kanji to make it easier to explain (Basically Arceus' text in the entire game is in hiragana, so I'll add the kanji to it)

時間空間をこえ 改めて 示してくれたこと  喜びます
I'm glad that you showed that again to me beyond/across time and space

So, this is a topic from Kirby's discussion, but the term "こえ" can both refer to crossing something and also being beyond something, it all depends on the kanji if you want to be grammatically correct (The difference is if is with 越 or 超). A lot of sources still use the two terms interchangeably, so context will matter a lot. However, the fact that Arceus' text is always in hiragana makes it impossible to be 100% grammatically correct. I will say that in regards to Pokémon, the localization team directly talks with Game Freak and has access to setting documentation and uses that to be sure of certain elements in the game, so I trust their decision of using "beyond" (Although in the context of Japanese production, it's very common to use "beyond/exceeding time" to just mean time travel, that literally happened with Celebi's movie. So in this context, I would say that it's just a reference to the MC having traveled to the past).

このせかいに あなたをよんでよかった
この世界に 貴方をよんでよかった
I'm glad I called you to this world

In the context from before, again it could refer either to the Hall of Origin or just the fact the MC has been sent to Hissui

これからのあなた
これからの貴方
You from now on

そしてあなたがいきていくうちゅうを
そして貴方が生きて行く宇宙を
And the universe where you live in

So, the way it's worded here it really seems to be talking about the fact that the player lives in Hissui instead of talking about the Hall of Origin.
Thank you very much, Executor.

Still waiting can anyone please translate this

Yes, thank you very much for helping out, Executor_N0.

Would anyone be willing to translate this a literally as possible?
Specifically were trying to figure out if the Multipliers are for learning nen itself or if he is referring to the conditions multiplying Nen abilities.

I don't know if this is to early to bump or not so I'm sorry if I am

Basically what I'm asking is which of these two is more correct.
The first seems to imply that learning Nen itself multiplies your abilities many times over.
While the second seems to imply that by setting conditions on even a basic Nen ability can multiply your power many times over.
Both make the difference between a Nen user and a non-Nen incredibly great

Bump

Hi, can someone translate this for me? thanks in advice.
じげんをコントロールして、うちゅうをぎじてきに、つくりだすことができる。かくれんぼの、せかいチャンピオン

Can someone translate this line for me please?

うまれてくる ポケモン プレートの ちから わけあたえられる

Also, I have question about the grammar. The Official English translation:

• Meadow Plate: "The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon."

uses an indefinite, plural pokemon, while the German, French, and Italian, use a definite singular pokemon:

German: Als das Pokémon aus dem Ei schlüpfte, wurde ihm die Kraft der Tafeln zuteil.
English: When the Pokémon hatched from the egg, it was given the power of the tablets.

Italian: Il Pokémon appena nato poté attingere al potere delle lastre.
English: The newborn Pokémon could tap into the power of the plates.

French: Le pouvoir des plaques fut conféré au Pokémon qui naquit de l’Œuf.
English: The power of the plates was conferred on the Pokémon that was born from the Egg.

Is it possible to tell the difference in Japanese? Is it referring to all Pokémon, or a singular Pokémon?

Last edited:
Bump

That's different from what was given in the, thread, but I want to see about my questions of grammar and comparing it to the other translation.
It's not different
In Pokémon Legends Arceus both Arceus' text and the Plates' text is written in Hiragana, so they lack Kanji which really helps organize the text and translate it easily. Luckily, full kanji variations of the Plates' text are presented in the game's code, they are just not available, but by looking into the datamined script of the game it's possible to get the kanji version of the text, I used it on my blog because it greatly helps with translation and being sure of the meaning of the text

Since Hiragana is only the way it's read, there are many words that sound the same and the only way to be sure of the meaning is with the Kanji, something that Pokémon games in the past lacked. For example, the Azelf's concept in Japanese also means "Willpower", the hiragana can also be translated to "rock" and since it's stated in the game that Azelf makes anyone who touches it loses the will to move, some Japanese fans really thought that the hiragana meant to rock and not willpower, it's even joked that Azelf is the God of Rocks in Japanese. Pokémon SP/BD does have Kanji for most of the text what helped me a lot with some scenes on my blog, although they still put the Original Story only in Hiragana, they basically did the same with Arceus' text in the game and the plate's text. It's very lucky that the datamined script contains Kanji variation of the text.

It's not different
In Pokémon Legends Arceus both Arceus' text and the Plates' text is written in Hiragana, so they lack Kanji which really helps organize the text and translate it easily. Luckily, full kanji variations of the Plates' text are presented in the game's code, they are just not available, but by looking into the datamined script of the game it's possible to get the kanji version of the text, I used it on my blog because it greatly helps with translation and being sure of the meaning of the text

Since Hiragana is only the way it's read, there are many words that sound the same and the only way to be sure of the meaning is with the Kanji, something that Pokémon games in the past lacked. For example, the Azelf's concept in Japanese also means "Willpower", the hiragana can also be translated to "rock" and since it's stated in the game that Azelf makes anyone who touches it loses the will to move, some Japanese fans really thought that the hiragana meant to rock and not willpower, it's even joked that Azelf is the God of Rocks in Japanese. Pokémon SP/BD does have Kanji for most of the text what helped me a lot with some scenes on my blog, although they still put the Original Story only in Hiragana, they basically did the same with Arceus' text in the game and the plate's text. It's very lucky that the datamined script contains Kanji variation of the text.
Did you see my posts about the italian, german, french translations. They use singular definite articles to refer to Arceus, but the english uses a plural indefinite tense. Is it the same in japanese?

Did you see my posts about the italian, german, french translations. They use singular definite articles to refer to Arceus, but the english uses a plural indefinite tense. Is it the same in japanese?
In Japanese there's no easy plural and in the entire game they are just called "プレート" (Plate) even when talking about multiple of them. There's no way of saying if it's plural or singular just by looking into the Japanese text if it gives no context to anything in specific.

Sorry, I don't know the context of the scene so I'm not sure how exactly the scene is meant to be portrayed.

The part "すべては世界の筋書き通り" "Everything is according to the world's 筋書き" that literally means "script, storyline, outline" and I just don't have any idea of what he might mean with that, so if there was a bit of context in regards to that, it would help. In a way, it could really be just "Everything is happening in accord to the world's story/scenario/plot" and maybe could be understood as "everything is happening as it should be in the world/as is determined by the world".

The rest of the text mentions some terms in Katanana that I suppose are mentioning something of that world, are they characters? (Delzogade and Everest Anzetta)

I think that it would be "Everything is according to what was scripted by the world. Delzogade and Everest Anzetta. You may have thought that by fusing with the two castles you could take that back, but that is the same for me/doesn't change anything to me"

Sorry, I don't know the context of the scene so I'm not sure how exactly the scene is meant to be portrayed.

The part "すべては世界の筋書き通り" "Everything is according to the world's 筋書き" that literally means "script, storyline, outline" and I just don't have any idea of what he might mean with that, so if there was a bit of context in regards to that, it would help. In a way, it could really be just "Everything is happening in accord to the world's story/scenario/plot" and maybe could be understood as "everything is happening as it should be in the world/as is determined by the world".
Yeah it was the statement of world itself saying everything is happening according to how world determined. There was few statement in previous chapter stating that everything in world is a story set by order. Here the character kinda backs it up with that statement. I just wanted to be sure if the script/plot statement was exists or not.
The rest of the text mentions some terms in Katanana that I suppose are mentioning something of that world, are they characters? (Delzogade and Everest Anzetta)
Those are castles btw
I think that it would be "Everything is according to what was scripted by the world. Delzogade and Everest Anzetta. You may have thought that by fusing with the two castles you could take that back, but that is the same for me/doesn't change anything to me"
Ok Thanks 👍. This was great help from you.

Chapter - 445
「深化神曰く、神にとって世界は劇場の舞台らしいが、さしずめお前は興行主が依怙贔屓えこひいきで割り振った主役といったところか。役柄は大層立派だが、当の役者が大根ではな」
Chapter -424 

再び視線を俺へ向け、彼は言った。

「人にわかりやすくたとえれば、私どもは劇場の興行師。悲劇も喜劇も、すべては人生という舞台で繰り広げられる演目だ。観劇すれば、思考を働かせ、思想を抱き、哲学することもあろう。されど、自らの嗜好で、悲劇と喜劇に差をつける興行師は愚鈍なのだ」

「なるほど。上演されてさえいればいいというわけだ」

「然り。演目に貴賤はない。喜劇も悲劇も等しく素晴らしきかな。上演を続けること、すなわち舞台の秩序を維持することが、神の命題。その結果、たまたま悲劇が多数であっただけのこと。私どもに、人を害しようという目的はない」

当然のことのように深化神は語る。

「舞台じゃない。人々はこの世界で生きている。彼らの苦しみは本物」

「彼女のように、役者に心奪われる興行師も存在するものだ。あげくの果てには、自ら舞台に上がる始末。誠に酔狂なことだ」

ミーシャの言葉を、ディルフレッドはそう一蹴した。

「されど、苦しみも、喜びも、永遠ではない。人生の幕が下りれば役者は消え、そして新たな役があてがわれ、再び舞台に上がるのだ。そこに、なんの憂いがあろうか?」
If these statements can help I guess

Hi! If possible, can someone translate the handwritten part in the top right hand corner of this scan (no need to translated the bottom right hand corner as I already got a translation of that)? Thank you!

image3_copy.png

Translation Help
英雄と呼ばれるものがいた 10のポケモンを従え 深奥に挑んだ それは人の強さを示す 戦いであった 深奥は人の強さを認め どこでもない世界に戻られた

Hi! If possible, can someone translate the handwritten part in the top right hand corner of this scan (no need to translated the bottom right hand corner as I already got a translation of that)? Thank you!

image3_copy.png
Is there anything you expect to see from there? As design settings, they just talk about design details (Such as moving the body in order to store the arms and legs).

Translation Help

英雄と呼ばれるものがいた = There was someone called a hero
10のポケモンを従え 深奥に挑んだ = Followed by 10 Pokémon to challenge the Mystery/Sinnoh (深奥)

The term used here is "深奥" (shin'ō) which can mean "esoteric doctrines; mysteries" and as you might have noticed, it reads just like Sinnoh in Japanese, something to be expected as Sinnoh's name is derived from "神奥" (Divine mystery) that also reads just like that. So, in a way, it's saying "To challenge the divine mystery" or just "Sinnoh", exactly how Arceus is called in that game (Just love Pokémon's word plays)

それは人の強さを示す 戦いであった = It was a battle that showed the power of mankind

深奥は人の強さを認め どこでもない世界に戻られた = The Mystery/Sinnoh recognized the strength of mankind, it then returned to the world that is nowhere.

The term in specific here is "どこでもない世界". The first two "どこ" (Doko) refers to where/place, while "ない" (Nai) refers to the non-existence of something, so in this case, it means "nowhere/isn't anywhere" (There's in fact music with this exact same line, I was surprised to see that).

So
There was someone called a hero
Followed by 10 Pokémon to challenge Sinnoh
It was a battle that showed the power of mankind
Sinnoh recognized the strength of mankind, it then returned to the world that is nowhere

Is there anything you expect to see from there? As design settings, they just talk about design details (Such as moving the body in order to store the arms and legs).
I was just curious. Nothing more. In any case, thanks anyway!

Hi, can someone translate this for me? thanks in advice.
Ended up missing this

じげんをコントロールして、うちゅうをぎじてきに、つくりだすことができる。かくれんぼの、せかいチャンピオン

This is in Hiragana, so going to put the kanji to make it more clear (Basically in Japanese you can write certain words in either hiragana or kanji, with Kanji the text is sometimes more clear as you can get most of the meaning directly from it).

次元をコントロールして、宇宙を擬似的に、作り出すことが 出来る。かくれんぼの、世界チャンピオン
Controlling dimensions, can create a pseudo-universe. Hide-and-seek world champion.

The first part is a very literal "dimensional control" (次元をコントロールし, Jigen o kontorōru).

The second one is "宇宙を擬似的" (Uchū o giji-teki) refers to "universe/space" and something aking to imitation/false/simulation. For example, it's used to refer to simulating the universe in 3D using modern computers. (I have seen similar uses in other places).

英雄と呼ばれるものがいた = There was someone called a hero
10のポケモンを従え 深奥に挑んだ = Followed by 10 Pokémon to challenge the Mystery/Sinnoh (深奥)

The term used here is "深奥" (shin'ō) which can mean "esoteric doctrines; mysteries" and as you might have noticed, it reads just like Sinnoh in Japanese, something to be expected as Sinnoh's name is derived from "神奥" (Divine mystery) that also reads just like that. So, in a way, it's saying "To challenge the divine mystery" or just "Sinnoh", exactly how Arceus is called in that game (Just love Pokémon's word plays)

それは人の強さを示す 戦いであった = It was a battle that showed the power of mankind

深奥は人の強さを認め どこでもない世界に戻られた = The Mystery/Sinnoh recognized the strength of mankind, it then returned to the world that is nowhere.

The term in specific here is "どこでもない世界". The first two "どこ" (Doko) refers to where/place, while "ない" (Nai) refers to the non-existence of something, so in this case, it means "nowhere/isn't anywhere" (There's in fact music with this exact same line, I was surprised to see that).

So
There was someone called a hero
Followed by 10 Pokémon to challenge Sinnoh
It was a battle that showed the power of mankind
Sinnoh recognized the strength of mankind, it then returned to the world that is nowhere
Well the English version mentioned " Unknowable", I thought there was something along those lines or more elaborate in the Japanese version
“’Twas long ago he earned the name ’hero’... “He led his retinue, ten Pokémon, against the almighty unknowable. “In battle did his valiance proclaim at last the strength of humble humankind. “The great unknowable approved this feat, and to its domain of no place returned.”
Thanks for the translation btw

Well the English version mentioned " Unknowable", I thought there was something along those lines or more elaborate in the Japanese version

Thanks for the translation btw
What they refer to Unknowable is what I translated as Mystery, the definition of the world is really "something profound; abstruse; difficult to understand; esoteric", so they translated that to Unknowable, something you can't know.

Back